Home

What College Football Team do you like best?

Darth_Calo

What is your favorite College Football Team?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite College Football Team?

• Boston College Eagles
    • Florida State
    • LSU
    • Notre Dame
    • Virginia Tech
    • Penn State
    • Nebraska
    • USC
    • Tennessee
    • Oklahoma
    • That School up North (Michigan)
    • Arkansas
    • Texas
    • OHIO STATE!
    • Wisconsin
    • Illinois
    • Other

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In old Ohio there's a team

That's known thru-out the land;

Eleven warriors, brave and bold,

Whose fame will ever stand.

And when the ball goes over,

Our cheers will reach the sky,

Ohio field will hear again

The Buckeye Battle Cry-

Drive! Drive on down the field,

Men of the scarlet and gray;

Don't let them thru that line,

We have to win this game today,

Come on, Ohio!

Smash through to victory.

We cheer you as you go:

Our honor defend

So we'll fight to the end for O-hi-o.

Your poll is a little lacking without Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, Penn State, oklahoma, Tennessee and Southern Cal. Those plus notre dame:cry8: are the all time leaders in wins.

While I’ll refuse to vote in your poll as I WILL NOT call my favorite team Other.

I will answer the question with Hookem Horns! The University of Texas! (in case you couldn’t tell from my Avatar).

I'd say Michigan is my favorite college football team. Gotta root for the hometown team.

Also I go to Grand Valley State and we're #1 in Division 2, its pretty sweet. If we win tomorrow, which is also homecoming, we'll tie the unbeaten streak in division 2.

I edited the poll to add in more teams. Of course I added OHIO STATE!!!!

Thanks Jae. I hate to be critical of someone that did me a favor, but you made a grammar mistake on one of those you added. It should be oklahoma. At least that is how it is done down here in Texas. :)

Wisconsin, duh... even though our defense is quite offensive this season.

Knocked from the top ten to out of the picture in two games. They forgot how to tackle.

Ohio State, LSU and dare I say, South Florida are bidding for the throne.

I like OSU's chances, however there are a few teams still in the hunt.

...excuse me, I meant THE Ohio State University.

BIGTEN football Rules !!!

Michigan Wolverines FTW!!! Here is hoping they put the hurt on the Buckeyes this year and gain sweet revenge for the ignominy of the previous 3 years!!!! :dev11:

I edited the poll to add in more teams. Of course I added OHIO STATE!!!!
I do want to express my gratitude for the improvement to the quality and quantity of poll options in this thread. I had elected not to participate in this thread prior to these changes because of the complete and utter lack of any of my choices. :D But...

*** blows whistle ***

Personal foul! Jae Onasi! Failure to maintain impartiality of poll options. 15 yards! :xp:

If anything there are a few standing rules in my family. It even applies to those that wish to date a my brother or I. It even applies to the extended family. First off you must be democratic, I think in terms of parties but that is where I am the disappointment since I am neither. The second and most important is that you must be a Notre Dame fan. Yes we are a Notre Dame family. I know their offensive is one of the worse ever and they were creamed by USC and a few other colleges but we still like Notre Dame.

I ain't American so can't really say, i am interested though how do these College Teams work? Do they have their own league like the NFL etc? I take it it's American Football and not Soccer as you Americans would call football as us Brits know it? In terms of English Football, i'm a Manchester United fan through and through, they've got a big Premiership match with Aresnal tomorrow, can't wait! :D

How 'bout them Buckeyes! Check out the latest BCS Rankings .

Yes, yes, I believe now. After that spanking they gave my boys Saturday, how could I not. After seeing a few games at Camp Randall this season, I'm not very surprised. Wisconsin's O is not too bad, but the defense...

Makes me want to cry.

I remember, after watching a near loss to the Citadel, I looked at my schedule and winced when I saw Saturday's date with the Buckeyes.

My nightmares came true.

I must believe that they are the best in the land, however, LSU, Oregon, and Oklahoma may have a say later on.

...and did anyone see Kansas?

O-H-I-O Go Bucs!!

That said, the Buckeyes frighten me for one reason...last year. They blew away everyone until they stepped on the field to face Florida, and the thought of having to relive that experience as a fan is scary. I can only imagine how those players feel about it.

On the other hand, there are those who have compared this year's Ohio State team to the national championship team of 2002 which had an incredibly fast defense and pretty good offense as well. So...we'll see I guess.

...and did anyone see Kansas?
I was at the OK state/Texas game. They showed the score and a huge groan sound could be heard from the 44,000 fans from both school. Someone told me it was a basketball score and I actually believed them for a moment. How the mighty have fallen.

I actually liked Ohio State till I saw their fans doing the upside down horns at a game when they were not playing Texas. I believe big blue will beat Ohio State and come all the back from that early season devastating loss to Appalachian State. The loss to Oregon does not look as bad as it did back in September.

Texas just isn't that good this year and are over rated at 14 or 15. I hope we go to a bowl in Texas because I don't want to travel half way across the country to watch them play. Although the Holiday Bowl wouldn't be too bad.

Archived