Home

Al Gore wins Nobel peace prize

Dagobahn Eagle

I suppose that by now everyone knows that that Al Gore has won the Nobel Peace Prize, along with the IPCC.

Opinions? Personally I'm happy, even though I feel the IPCC should not receive an award supposed to be given only to individuals. I also don't know if he should receive a peace prize for environmentalist work.

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

Well, if you count working on decreasing global warming as encouraging fraternity between nations, then it works just fine to give the award for environmentalism.

Regardless, it's a great honor for Gore and congratulations to him. :)

I guess it doesn't matter if what you say is true (Love Canal, Internet, many of the "facts" in his book and movie) ....

As long as it pushes the liberal agenda of big government controlling your life, scares people, and puts the blame solidly on America.

Remember that Yassir Arafat, a terrorist leader, won the nobel peace prize.

It doesn't mean jack to me.

I guess it doesn't matter if what you say is true (Love Canal, Internet, many of the "facts" in his book and movie) ....

As long as it pushes the liberal agenda of big government controlling your life, scares people, and puts the blame solidly on America.

I think someone is very, very bitter:D.

Remember that Yassir Arafat, a terrorist leader, won the nobel peace prize.
While he was working on the Oslo Accords to secure peace. As in 'peace prize'.

• 2 weeks later...
I think someone is very, very bitter:D.

While he was working on the Oslo Accords to secure peace. As in 'peace prize'.

Yeah, giving Arafat an award for Oslo is like giving a guy massive props for his mac skills b/c he tongues his sister. :xp: Basically cheapening the value of the award.

The reason Al Gore won a prize for which his work does not even qualify is that the voters wanted to thumb their noses at George Bush. Whether you like Bush or Gore, at least admit the truth of the reason.

If that is the reason Al Gore received the award, I feel the voters could have thumbed their nose better and made a bigger mockery of the award by giving the Noble Peace Prize to George Bush.

Except the Peace Prize is an honor, not a mockery.

Anyway, I don't really care, the peace prize is mostly meaningless to me, but what the hell has Gore done to deserve to win the Peace Prize? Nothing! He should get the Nobel Environmentalism Prize or something. Except they don't have one of those.

Archived