Home

Return to Ahazi

DAWUSS

OK, as some of you may know I began a hiatus of SWG last August. The other day I thought I'd give the 14-day trial a go, especially if I could use my current account for the 2 week period. So I downloaded the 3 gig installer while watching the NFL on CBS, and reinstalled it this morning. I was fortunate to know I could still use my current account for the 2 week period with my old toons intact. In any case, I decide to log in as my bounty hunter character, Riheun Reaza. (Riheun's currently a CL48 BH BTW)

290px-Riheunportrait.JPG

There ya go.

I log in, get the loading screen of a new Imperial theme park. I've done the (old?) Imperial themepark before, gotten the badge and the jewelry and everything else. When that goes away, I get greeted by a flurry of veteran rewards which I qualified for during my absence. I collect things like a Yoda and Darth Vader hologram, a Boba Fett sculpture and some resource crates... blah blah blah things I really don't need (I'm a bounty hunter and the only thing I can craft is cups and tea). As I'm on the Dantooine Imperial Outpost, I go ahead and travel to a place that I would believe is a bit more populated. First, however, I check the components of my TIE Oppressor, which is OK upon inspection.

So I go to Mos Eisley, which is for the most part, a ghost town. There weren't even any AFK merchants spamming their merchandise, you know, the "HUGE SALE! SELLING VALUABLE WEAPONS, ARMOR, AND VET REWARDS! WP 3962 -4450!!!" people. I wander towards the Mos Eisley cantina, thinking there would be some people there. I get greeted by some CL5 IDK what wanting Imperial armor. The only armor I had was my bio-linked Stormtrooper armor (and my home was offplanet and too far away to even bother checking [more on that later]), so I had little to give him. Interestingly enough though, the guy came up as a noot as opposed to an Imperial, so...

I head further into the cantina, where there's only 3 AFK Twi'lek dancers (to no surprise, this was a common sight even last year before I left), and with little to do there, I went back to the spaceport and crawled back into my Oppressor, looking to see if I still "had it" in space.

Since I was going to be fighting against the Tier 1s of Tatooine, I didn't even bother to load up any droid programs. I scour around to find some targets in space, and I eventually find a Commerce Raider and a Mercenary Guard going at it. I fly in and peck the two of them and moments later the skirmish in the asteroids begins, fighting against Commerce Raider after Commerce Raider set to the magnificence of John Williams. When I felt I was good at the helms of the cockpit, I hyperspaced to Naboo and landed at the Emperor's Retreat, looking to see what my standing in the themepark was. I talk to Darth Vader which tells me everything. I'd have to do it over again, which apparently I wasn't able to do yet. No problem. Back to the Oppie and a quick jump to Theed to get rid of these vet rewards.

Considering I'll be at this for at least 2 weeks, money wasn't that important, I just wanted to get rid of these rewards I had no use for, I so I find the nearest bazaar and sell them for the 20,000 that I could sell it for (this was the max when I left and I didn't bother to check if it had changed).

Then it was back to the sandbox for some ground-combat goings. I spotted some Desert Demons walking around, and my faction standing with them was the minimum -5000, so engaging with them was acceptable. I don't know if it was just me but the combat seemed to be basically the same as it was when I left, only now it felt my carbine fired slower than I remembered it... I also pick up an Imperial mission and go take care of a Rebel camp. I head out, and attack the Rebels. Being outnumbered 3-to-1 they incapactiate me. I already know the procedure for this, and a few minutes later I was back at it, trying to attack them one by one, where I had little problem disposing of them. When I killed the first one I received the expected faction point increase, but then it went on to talk about GCW points. Having no clue what that was I checked my faction page, which listed me as a private. When I left I was a WOII, and somehow I had received a significant demotion, and upon returning to Bestine I chatted with a recruiter to see what I could do, which was very little. Now that I had seen what had changed in the ground combat (little) I went back to space, going to Kessel ready to take on the bigger competition. I wanted to take down a Corvette (soloing these things were a routine before I left), but one never came. Instead A-Wings and B-Wings had to do. I hated A-Wings then and I still do now. It took me 7 minutes to destroy one of those things. The fun bit was there were a lot of Rebel and Imperial NPCs in the same location so it felt like I was participating in a nice space skirmish (wasn't quite the size for a battle though), and after obtaining a sizeable amount of money I decided to make my way to Rori to see if my house was still standing, knowing that there was this campaign to eliminate permanently vacant houses.

I had my house located way out in the boonies of the planet, but I just wanted to check if it had gone by the way of Vader's Force Crush and been reduced to a pile of dust, rubble, and gravel. By this time I get a few notices that my vet rewards had been sold, so it was a bit of a relief to have those gone. I'm surprised to see my house still there, but the maintenance fees were long overdue, and I spend just about most of my bank just to get it back in running order. At this point I decided to logout and come back later, and I was still trying to figure out what had changed besides the GCW points...

Archived