Home

Why no love for Darth Sion and Kreia?

DarthExile27

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite a bit of people like Sion and Kreia. If there's any K2 villain that's not getting much love, it's G0-T0. Look at how many mods there are out there that replace him with another character.

Now that is VERY true. Most people find (from what I've heard people tell me) G0-T0 a very dull, and simply evil character that they'll do nothing with. While G0-T0 IS evil, if you BOTHER to get influence with him, and take part in his quests, he can be quite the character.

Forgive my rambling...anyway's, in all honesty, I've always liked Kreia and Sion more than Nihlius (how do you say that by the way?) except for Nihlius' intro, that was...somewhat scary, and frightening to a sort (or at least when I first played.

Kreia was IMHO one of the BEST villians ever for all of the reasons listed. I liked Sion alot...except for the creepy romance out-of-nowhere.

Now that is VERY true. Most people find (from what I've heard people tell me) G0-T0 a very dull, and simply evil character that they'll do nothing with. While G0-T0 IS evil, if you BOTHER to get influence with him, and take part in his quests, he can be quite the character.

Forgive my rambling...anyway's, in all honesty, I've always liked Kreia and Sion more than Nihlius (how do you say that by the way?) except for Nihlius' intro, that was...somewhat scary, and frightening to a sort (or at least when I first played.

Kreia was IMHO one of the BEST villians ever for all of the reasons listed. I liked Sion alot...except for the creepy romance out-of-nowhere.

One of the best villians kotor wise or entire SW wise?

Kreia wasn't that good of a character. "Woo, I'm a Nihilist, I want to blow up the Force with my Superbomb." It's new for Star Wars, but let's face it, in every medium of fiction there's been a bad guy who wants to blow up the whole planet with his giant superlasergun cannon. Sion was just the typical "I hurt, and I wanna make everyone else hurt." and Nihilus was jut Kreia, except even less interesting.

I don't like any of them because there not really Sith, they didn't choose the Darkside they were left with no other choice... Nihilus created himself, he clung to the Darkside to save himself and then was trapped in limbo as a slave to power.

Sion could not face death or his decision's, and became a bitter Darkside zombie. (which in my opinion is far more ridiculous than Malak's so called cliche' characteristics)

Kreia went against what she had been trained, and was exiled by the Jedi, so she thought she'd piss them of by creating the Munsters Triumvirate... they told her to go away, so she turned on the force. She's just a bitter old women with abandonment issues.

while the characters are in depth and interesting to a point, I feel myself feeling sorry for them... And that isn't what I want from a Sith :)

Right and her attempts to "destroy the force" doesnt seem to fit any purpose, she planned to but even if she succeded in killing the exile or herself, what is there to indicate it will work?

Just because she say it would doesnt mean it would

I don't like any of them because there not really Sith, they didn't choose the Darkside they were left with no other choice... Nihilus created himself, he clung to the Darkside to save himself and then was trapped in limbo as a slave to power.

Sion could not face death or his decision's, and became a bitter Darkside zombie. (which in my opinion is far more ridiculous than Malak's so called cliche' characteristics)

Kreia went against what she had been trained, and was exiled by the Jedi, so she thought she'd piss them of by creating the Munsters Triumvirate... they told her to go away, so she turned on the force. She's just a bitter old women with abandonment issues.

while the characters are in depth and interesting to a point, I feel myself feeling sorry for them... And that isn't what I want from a Sith :)

Irreverent Declaration: Look at some of the reasons other characters became Sith.

Darth Vader: "Everyone close to me dies, it's NOT FAIR!"

Darth Caedus: [broods a bit, discovers the above reason why his grandpa became a Sith, broods some more, decides to become a Sith].

I can't imagine how you could feel sorry for any of the triumvirate. It's like feeling sorry for cardboard cutouts with Nihilus and Sion, and Kreia only has a little bit more depth. None of them really had any personality or character traits, Kreia was just all of Obi-Wan's "Point of View" crap integrated into a Sith.

Irreverent Declaration: Look at some of the reasons other characters became Sith.

Darth Vader: "Everyone close to me dies, it's NOT FAIR!"

Darth Caedus: [broods a bit, discovers the above reason why his grandpa became a Sith, broods some more, decides to become a Sith].

Funnily enough I was gonna point out that Vader was one of my favorite Sith, until his story was explained in the PT, then he became another excuse for Redemption... Darth Caedus is directly linked to Vader and his own fall is a product of his knowledge of Vader's Betrayal, plus they are only a few decades apart, hardly a sum of all the Sith's parts

while the characters are in depth and interesting to a point, I feel myself feeling sorry for them... And that isn't what "I" want from a Sith

I can't imagine how you could feel sorry for any of the triumvirate.

I meant pathetic more than pitiful, My kind of Sith are Naga Sadow, Darth Bane and Palpatine... Not broken Jedi Outcasts.

This doesn't mean I don't Love Ulic Qel-Droma and Anakin/Vader, in fact they are two of my favourite charactors, just not (for lack of a better word) true Sith

I can't imagine how you could feel sorry for any of the triumvirate. It's like feeling sorry for cardboard cutouts with Nihilus and Sion, and Kreia only has a little bit more depth. None of them really had any personality or character traits, Kreia was just all of Obi-Wan's "Point of View" crap integrated into a Sith.

I don't feel sorry for Sion, at least not very. It was a harsh fate, but he did little to avoid it, harsh brute that he is.

For Nihilus you just can't know. His strength of character lies entirely in the mystery that surrounds him. Should you feel sorry for him or not? You don't know... And that adds to the threat he represents. It's not bad characterization, but a genuine and intentional choice in storytelling. You can argue that you don't like it, fair enough, but I don't think it's fair to call him a bad character for that reason. The writers made a deliberate choice with the character. Whether we like that choice or not is down to personal taste. It's like saying the end of DS9's "Sacrifice of Angels" episode was "bad" because the writers had the prophets come in and do a deux-ex-machina solution. As the writers of DS9 have said in the past, it's annoying that people don't acknowledge the choice they made in the storytelling - they didn't HAVE to do a deux-ex-machina. It was not a cop-out. They did it because they chose it in light of the greater evolving plot. For Nihilus it's just the same, especially now that Avellone has confirmed that he did have a greater plot in mind for this character.

Kreia I do feel sorry for in a way, however. Because among all the Sith, she is the only one I have ever felt the slightest inkling of sympathy for. Most, if not all, of the other Sith do it for the power or because they think they are themselves the greatest ever or both (and yes, that goes for Anakin too - the whole love thing is just a euphemism he conveniently hides his intents behind). Kreia, however, does not do it for personal gain, but for the greater cause of freeing the innocents of the tyranny of the will of the force. You could call it madness, certainly, but you can say that of any crusader. Is Batman insane for fighting a war against the very concept of crime that can never be won? If so, then he is just as mad as Kreia is. Not that I approve of Kreia, mind you. She is hardly flawless. Most obviously, she's a hypocrite, since she holds the will of the force responsible for using innocent people to further its own wishes, while she resorts to doing exactly the same herself. A pretty big flaw, methinks. Kreia's intentions are good, however, yet in the end only serve to remind us that intentions are exactly what the road to Hell is paved with and - perhaps more importantly - why.

Nihilus was to me the saddest character of the Sith. Come to think of it he wasn't a true Sith. His role reminds me of Galactus in Marvel comics. Destined to live forever but must feed on the force to survive or he will consume himself. Like the Miraluka saed he was a great man once. His image of a tall figure slowly crouching under the pain of his hunger truly makes me sad. Man, I really was sad when I had to stop him. And his end...

Slowly to be consumed into the empty void listening to the fugue of oblivion as I grasp for air is not how I would like to end. In some way killing him was mercy.

Rest in peace Nihilus:*(

• 3 weeks later...

so i was about level 25 when i fought the three sith's and they were a freakin push over. not to mention there was nothing to them. especially nihilus. he's made out to be the big baddie this whole time and he's the first one you fight. it should've been sion, kreia, THEN nihilus. he even had a pimp ship too. i've never thought of that concept for a ship to be barely together but floating through space and wailing on colonies. same thing for the concept of sion. i try to design a new slick lookin' sith lord, but they made one who is barely together and still kickin' your azzizzle (that was bad i know). they're pretty much the same in a way if you look at it. (sion and the ravager) but anyway, kreia's incredibly long speeches and everything still don't contain a story that sucked me in, although the writing throughout the game is beyond me. i would've given up at the second character if i had to write all that stuff and come up with different variables, etc. i don't know how to explain but it's just not the same with these sith and the sith in the first KOTOR.

It seems that I am the only one who likes Nihilus much more the other Sith. Well...

I remember when I firstly played KotOR II, and I was never really interested about him until I saw the video of Traya's betrayal. He looked really cool, being able to cast down a Sith Lord by a force push, while Kreia states ''there are techniques within the force agianst which there is no defense''.

Also, his appearance looks great as his name. He is a Sith Lord with mysterious past and powers, and totally consumed by the hunger for power. A nearly living man with the ability to drain all life out from someone.

And his voice sounds pretty cool to me. I couldn't imagine him have a voice as Sion(he has perfect voice but fits only him) or Malak(Ha-ha-ha-ha....ha-ha-ha).

I think that most people criticize him because they played too much times the game and got bored of him. But try to remember the first time you played it.

And don't blame him for being so easy to beat and dies so early in the game. Blame the creators of the game.

Meh. I think anyone whom is willing to choke someone merely over nothing is crazy, and scary, and Vader was simply insulted.

I'm not really that scared of Vader, seeing the PT first. Anyways, I'm going off-topic.

And the fact that he could kill worlds, people, and creatures in nearly no time at all, gave a few points to him.

Archived