Home

May I request a mod that removes profanity?

GAMER_NOW

Preferably for KotOR 1.

I don't like swearing and was wondering if someone could make a mod that edits the dialog and voice acting to remove and/or replace any cursing.

The text part of it would be fairly easy, just open the dialog.tlk file with a TLK editor, search for swear words to get the entries where they are used, and then edit it out of those entries.

For voiced dialog it would be trickier though, since you'd either need to beep out the relevant parts (which would sound ridiculous in-game), or cut parts of the sound out, which might break the natural flow of what's spoken and make it sound unnatural.

I believe "bantha poodoo" translated to "bantha fodder" in RotJ, didn't it? Fodder is food, if I'm not mistaken...?

Wrong end.

Think "fertilizer."

For voiced dialog it would be trickier though, since you'd either need to beep out the relevant parts (which would sound ridiculous in-game), or cut parts of the sound out, which might break the natural flow of what's spoken and make it sound unnatural.

A good sound editing program would have no problems with this. It would just be labour intensive to find all the words that you want removed... Doing the dialog.tlk first will make it a lot easier, but, aye, it will probably sound a bit odd and unnatural.

Really, the only question is what words GAMER_NOW doesn't like... I know Carth says "damn" once for sure.

When Mission meets Griff's girlfriend (Lena, I believe) she calls her something unflattering... I don't remember the exact dialog off hand, though.

Thats all I can think of, but it has been a while since I played K1. It really just depends on what words GAMER_NOW doesn't like, which is kind of a conundrum in itself because I doubt he'll want type them out. heh

If fodder is food, then what the heck is cannon fodder?

Anyway, I wouldn't call damn cursing, and it only appears once, twice, maybe thrice in the duration of the entire game, but if it bothers you...

A schutta is supposed to be a small rodent on Ryloth or something, if I recall correctly. But I don't think that shows up in K1.

Ok folks the topic isn't about word definitions if you want to do this mod for GAMER_NOW then by all means post if not then please pass on this thread.

Back on topic people.

(Though by all means feel free to start a thread in Ahto Spaceport about this, as that type of topic is more suited for there. ;) )

Archived