Home

Sony To Consumers: GRRR!!! Only Play New Games! GRRR!!

Boba Rhett

I do believe this calls for a LOLSONY. A Sony exec has admitted that removing backwards compatability doesn't lower production costs much. He says that being able to play old games discouraged buying new ones.

Linky to Article

Seriously, to even have the gall to come right out and admit this. Holy cow.

Three things, Sony.

1. Screw you.

2. Make some decent new games and maybe people with stop playing the old ones and move on to the new ones.

3. Screw you. :carms:

Tut, tut, tut.

Sony has really done it this time in my eyes.

I was considering in investing a PS3, but now ... Well, now, Sony and it's so-called "Next-Gen" console, do not exist in my gaming world. :(

(My love for my PS2 has just grown dramatically)

... And on that note: Tut, tut ... tut! xO

well, this is just a case of Sony being Sony. their mantra as of late is that they'll decide what consumers want. eventually, basic economics will catch up to them, and they'll have to respond to the actual consumer demand when it comes to making a product.

as for this round of console wars, the Wii isn't faring much better. yeah, it sells well, has a great controller, and it has lots of classics available for it. however, there's really nothing new and great that has come out for the system outside of Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3. everything else that's come out thus far either sucks or is rather forgettable.

the 360 is the only system that has a good lineup of games, and a number of them are exclusives. that's yet another problem for the PS3: a lack of excellent exclusive titles. the console is seriously lacking when it comes to must-have titles aside from Resistance, Oblivion, and The Darkness. if you'll note, however, only one of those games is an exclusive PS3 title.

the proof is in the pudding: right now, even this hardened PC gamer is saving up his money to buy a 360. why?? because i want to play Mass Effect, Halo 3, Forza 2, and The Darkness. ;)

Good thing, I decided to get the 360 away back when I thought about it. Looks like it's panned out so far. The lineup for games for the Xbox 360 are superior to that of the PS3. I don't see BioShock, Halo 3, or Mass Effect (specifically this game) on the PS3. Or even Gears of War, to a lesser extent. Hell, even the other games coming out are probably going to be better on the 360 rather than the PS3, anyway. You can even play most (older) Xbox games on the Xbox 360.

Regarding the Wii, I am not as excited as use to be about it, but I'm still anticipating Super Smash Bros. Brawl, even if it's being released three months later than I hoped.

Sony, Sony, Sony. Telling your target market what it wants isn't really a good way of doing things now is it? The main reason for me not actually owning a PS3, apart from the expense, is the lack of decent games. Now what with all the silly things Sony have been up to lately, I don't want a PS3...ever.

I've noticed that the media has been giving a negative look at Sony for quite some time now. No group or enterprise is that dumb. At least not the same guys that made the console that was "faded to oblivion" (or so some said), the PS2.

the proof is in the pudding: right now, even this hardened PC gamer is saving up his money to buy a 360. why?? because i want to play Mass Effect, Halo 3, Forza 2, and The Darkness. ;)

Well, the 360 is year older, it HAS to get the better line of games. I bought a 360 to play them of course. Even as I know that, following the line of though of M$, they'll soon be out for the PC...

This is just incredibly stupid. Some years back, they were the leader of the market with their PS2. How the hell is is possible that, half a year after the release of the PS3, the Wii is the leader, and the X-Box 360 is pumping out superior games after another.

And now this...another slap in the face of the Playstation customers. It's just....unbelievable really... :(

Pff! Traitor!

Perhaps they're being plagued by the same problem that took down LucasArts?

Pillow fights and cough syrup.

Then it better involve Japanese girls in their underwear.

well, this is just a case of Sony being Sony. their mantra as of late is that they'll decide what consumers want. eventually, basic economics will catch up to them, and they'll have to respond to the actual consumer demand when it comes to making a product.

Well said. The Sony Online Entertainment division is doing much of the same thing from what I'm reading about the PS3 division. They get mmo's and totally change things to what they think people want and then expect people to continue to play. What a joke. It sounds like the whole company needs a house cleaning.

Archived