Home

Secret Apprentice: Stronger than Revan?

The previews we've seen show how powerful the Secret Apprentice is... could he as powerful, or even stronger, than Revan? That had me wondering because some of Mace Windu's comments in AOTC seem to imply that the Jedi are no longer as powerful as they were in Revan's time, but the Secret Apprentice is apparently strong enough to make a Star Destroyer crash.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Revan was a combination of several dangerous talents. Charisma, Force power, Intelligence. It's the combination of these that makes him strong.

The Charisma to form an army around him, the intelligence to lead them to victory and use them wisely combined with his power that makes him a frontline leader as well. The complete picture.

The Apprentice, on the other hand, is a social idiot (the "Force Wrecking Ball vid" shows he can't have proper contact with Juno and asks his droid to talk to her). His Intelligence seems limited as well, since he requires orders to handle. From Darth Vader, Kotha, whoever. He seems to have no will of his own. This is hinted as well on the site, where he is described to have been 'indoctrined' by Vader.

He makes this up with his pure Force Power though.

So stronger in total image? Hell no. In terms of absolute power or midi-clorians? Yes. :)

He is the secret APPRENTICE, revan was a master.

Most likely the apprentice will become one of the greatest siths.

Not likely, but he may have converted someone to Sithdom though, knowingly or not.

I would so wish to see him fighting tuskens on Tatooine, and got his behind whipped by the tribal warlord with a hockey stick.

I belive Revan is the stronger. He knew both sides of the Force thorougly, laid down the basics of the Rule of Two, recorded the ritual of the Thought Bomb, conqered the galaxy almost without effort... The only two Dark Lords I could compare him with are Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious. Of course, IF Sidious would train the Apprentice instead of Vader, he would have some chance at least.

This Apprentice doesn't even officially exist yet, or at least the game isn't released yet.

Revan has earned his stripes and is a fan favorite.

Besides, as said before it's a different game engine and is a lot more far fetched than Kotor, so imo there incomparable.

Actually, maybe the apprentice is not more powerful as such, just more versatile in how he uses what power he has. We never heard anything about Revan combining force powers, but it was said that in total power he was "the heart of the force."

Sort of the difference between being able to lift and throw a two ton car in a general direction and hope for the best, vs carefully targetting with a 1 ton car. Which is better, strength or precision?

The placing of Revan on the highest pedestal strikes me as a bit of fankwankerage...

I know I'm guilty of a little bit of it. Actually probably a lot of it, I find it hard to swallow the cannoniacal superiority of Vader and Palpatine since even with the limited game engine of KotOR it always seemed like Revan did more to me. Now the question is could he have done what the apprentice does if the limitations of the KotOR engine were removed :o

I think Revan would win because of the time period that he/she was in. More Jedi, and more Sith. Plus the higher knoledge of the force and the training was obviously better. Plus he/she practically became a Sith Lord on their own. I will take Revan over the secret apprentice anyday, also.

I belive Revan is the stronger. He knew both sides of the Force thorougly, laid down the basics of the Rule of Two, recorded the ritual of the Thought Bomb, conqered the galaxy almost without effort... The only two Dark Lords I could compare him with are Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious. Of course, IF Sidious would train the Apprentice instead of Vader, he would have some chance at least.
I'm not sure he did all this...

I know I'm guilty of a little bit of it. Actually probably a lot of it, I find it hard to swallow the cannoniacal superiority of Vader and Palpatine since even with the limited game engine of KotOR it always seemed like Revan did more to me. Now the question is could he have done what the apprentice does if the limitations of the KotOR engine were removed
But remember, a lot of what you can do in gameplay is just that. Gameplay itself is not canon, only the story elements are. So when comparing, you have to compare what Revan did story-wise.

Anakin had the most potential power before he got chopped up. But Force power = # of midichlorians in cells. He lost at least half his body mass when he became Vader.

Well, its more to it than body mass. I mean, its not like a hutt being a great jedi cause of body mass, or yoda being a weak one. And Secura definitely don't become a good jedi cause of her phat TnA only.

Archived