Home

Secret Apprentice: Stronger than Revan?

But its probably true that Anakin lost a lot of midichlorians when he was cut up. They're probably spread out proportionally throughout one's body so the body mass doesn't matter. I don't really know if thats how it works or not but it would make sense.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, something like that. Perhaps it is a wrong example, but Grievous had Sifo-Dyas's blood after his transformation into a cyborg, and he had no Force powers.

If its related to the genetics, then one could manipulate them to imbue individual with the force. This would also defeat the idea of people being imbued with the force artifiacially.

If its related to the genetics, then one could manipulate them to imbue individual with the force. This would also defeat the idea of people being imbued with the force artifiacially.

Well, in KotOR you had to find genetic samples for the Rakatan researcher. He said that his people once had Force powers, but this changed, and with samples perhaps he could restore that ability.

Artifically imbue one? Like in JK2 the Force crystals did with Reborn? Or using the Valley of the Jedi/Dark Lords?

I think that Revan would win. He was a leader and not a follower. This is no the Revan 'fanboy' side of me talking, this is logic talking. Revan was overall stronger, and his skills are a lot more "tuned" than, I would expect, the secret apprentice's skills and powers are. But, of course, this is all pending with the release of The Force Unleashed.

Well, in KotOR you had to find genetic samples for the Rakatan researcher. He said that his people once had Force powers, but this changed, and with samples perhaps he could restore that ability.

Artifically imbue one? Like in JK2 the Force crystals did with Reborn? Or using the Valley of the Jedi/Dark Lords?

I wonder if how the ability to use the force was used in so many games that it's to hard to explain now. They didn't explain how the force was artificially imbued in the reborn and why it worked, it just did. I am also pretty sure the Rakata had a disease that took the force away and the genetic samples were related to the disease somehow.

It's all genetics, the Rakatan researched wanted the codes so he would try to switch on genes that would make an individual Force-sensitive. (That's my theory) So it's basically inherited, I wonder who could have been Yoda's dad...

And yeah, if you get chopped like poor Ani, you decrease in Force power, I think it revolves around the amount of tissue an individual has.

Not necessarily. I was picturing Midichlorians as organelles with their own DNA, much like mitochondria or chloroplasts. They have DNA, but the vast majority of it is not in the nucleus of their host cells.

IRL, There are ways to cause mitochondria to replicate independently of the cell they are in to such a degree they cause their host cell to rupture. I'd think a similar thing might be doable with midichlorians in "imbuing" someone with the force. Not that star wars has ever published a scientific principles behind midichlorians or anthing, and it's just my best guess, but it fits both being genetic allowing for inherited diseases (or whole species that either are force sensitive or don't feel the force at all) as well as people like anakin, who have no ancestors as strong as he was in the force.

Not necessarily. I was picturing Midichlorians as organelles with their own DNA, much like mitochondria or chloroplasts. They have DNA, but the vast majority of it is not in the nucleus of their host cells.

IRL, There are ways to cause mitochondria to replicate independently of the cell they are in to such a degree they cause their host cell to rupture. I'd think a similar thing might be doable with midichlorians in "imbuing" someone with the force. Not that star wars has ever published a scientific principles behind midichlorians or anthing, and it's just my best guess, but it fits both being genetic allowing for inherited diseases (or whole species that either are force sensitive or don't feel the force at all) as well as people like anakin, who have no ancestors as strong as he was in the force.

So you're saying that when the crystals used to "imbue" someone with the force, they some how produced midichlorians inside the cell structure of these people. Star Wars really needs to sort this out or something.

yes. Might even be the way it happens with Chloroplasts. Most annual plants do have more chloroplasts during summer than winter. I'm presuming that light energy is what causes them to breed. I wouldn't begin to guess whetehr it's the cold itself, or some kind of hormonal change that causes them to shed chloroplasts in the fall to turn all the bright pretty colors, but it does seem that to me if one form of energy could cause one kind of organelle to grow, a different form of energy could cause that same reaction in another, by artificial means.

It would also give credence to the Rakata's losing their force sensitivity due to a plague, and the Yhuzon Vong losing theirs due to something else.

Well, if that is the case then having a blood/organ transplant from a force sensative creature may turn someone force sensative... maybe even eating them alive? Hmmm... those delicious witches...

While we do not see alot of detailed force control in the released trailer... the dude seems to be one of thos e"over 9000" guys. But the lack of control is kinda annoying I guess...

Hmm, that would be a good comparison. I think in the end Revan would win. He has much more experience with the Force and was a Sith Lord after all.

yeah, Revan was a Sith Lord but Secret Apprentice isn't. Revan might of been able to move a ship like a Star Destoryer but we might not of known. until Bioware makes its KotOR II (KotOR II: Sith Lords wasn't made by Bioware like the first one was) we will know or not

• 2 weeks later...
If you put Revan into The Force Unleashed's game engine he would have the power to bring the Death Star down. Revan would own the Secret Apprentice so badly it wouldnt even be funny. The Secret Apprentice would be like a Gizka to Revan.

You mean small, wiggly, but keeps coming back no matter how many times you chop it in half?

Lets hope that its not a emo Gizka with a razorblade, or everyone is screwed.

You mean small, wiggly, but keeps coming back no matter how many times you chop it in half?

Are you saying that a gizka can reproduce by itself... nasty nasty thought. If that is true then you would have to poison The Secret Apprentice in order to kill him. But if it takes two gizka to make another, then the secret apprentice is in trouble...

Archived