Home

Secret Apprentice: Stronger than Revan?

Are you saying that a gizka can reproduce by itself... nasty nasty thought. If that is true then you would have to poison The Secret Apprentice in order to kill him. But if it takes two gizka to make another, then the secret apprentice is in trouble...

Nah, it would just take a few seconds before Revan pet and play peek-a-boo with him. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revan will win because his the true Sith lord. Remember Revan whas strong in the force, he whanet to learn all he can about the force, plus revan whas the moust promesing studen of jedy order, he whas a briliant military leader, and remember that he lerarned all he can about the force from Kreia after all shes teached all the greatest sith lords. Trust me he has no chance beating Revan!!!

Rev7 wrote:

Are you saying that a gizka can reproduce by itself... nasty nasty thought. If that is true then you would have to poison The Secret Apprentice in order to kill him. But if it takes two gizka to make another, then the secret apprentice is in trouble...

That's where Juno Eclipse comes in :xp:

Light_Jigi wrote:

Revan will win because his the true Sith lord. Remember Revan whas strong in the force, he whanet to learn all he can about the force, plus revan whas the moust promesing studen of jedy order, he whas a briliant military leader, and remember that he lerarned all he can about the force from Kreia after all shes teached all the greatest sith lords. Trust me he has no chance beating Revan!!!

Sorry to ruin the party...but we can't take gameplay elements for fact. The only cold hard facts we know is that Revan is canonically Male, fell to the dark side once, turned to the light and bashed Malak. We have no proof whatso-ever of what Kreia learned him, or the extend of him being 'primising' student. :)

All I mean to say is; We know he was a powerfull Jedi. We know he was a good military leader (winning a war) and we know he was a very good saber duellist. Too me, he's a smart, charismatic and powerfull Jedi. Those three skills together make him a very strong opponent for everyone to face.

The problem is that the use of the force is a relative thing. Luke could have, without a lot of training, lifted his x-wing out of the swamp on Dagobah if only he was not a sniveling little brat. He had no confidence and did not believe it could be done.

Yoda, on the other hand, knew it could be done and splish-splash, the ship was up and out. Luke was strong in the force, the problem was that he was a useless putz.

The thing to remember is this, size matters not. Any jedi can accomplish any task, they just have to have the focus, training, discipline, and believe that they can do it. The force is a jedi's ally, and if they know it, a powerful ally it is.

So really, who is more powerful? Neither. Revan has training to perform tasks with precision and/or strength. He has discipline and focus, and experience. Can Revan pull a star destroyer out of the sky? Probably. Would he? Not likely. He would find a different way to do it. The apprentice, however, has been educated differently. He has learned to use brute force and ignorance for every situation, and so smashes and crushes with every use of the force.

I belive Revan is the stronger. He knew both sides of the Force thorougly, laid down the basics of the Rule of Two, recorded the ritual of the Thought Bomb,

No, the thought bomb and the Rule of Two was Darth Bane. The thought bomb was on Ruusan. It was used to wipe out the jedi, and to a greater extent, the sith there so Darth Bane could cleanse the stupid sith from the galaxy. He then set up the Rule of Two so the sith could actualy survive in the galaxy to eventualy snuff out the jedi.

• 3 weeks later...
Dude the apprentice is stronger than we think, Revan was good and well rounded but this guy has got POWER!!!!

Know that it's not all about pure power. Without the smarts, you're not that good. Anyway, I'm of the opinion you need to take into consideration that the power of the Force that will be displayed in the game was a decision made because it would improve the gameplay, and not to represent the real power of the Secret Apprentice. If I would judge him based on what we've seen on trailers and such when it comes to Force Powers, he could take on both Vader and the Emperor. Luke never displayed such power and neither did the great Masters Kenobi and Yoda. When I'll be playing this game and shooting lightning out of my hands with the Secret Apprentice, I'll be thinking: "He normally would have only half of the power he now displays". :)

Know that it's not all about pure power. Without the smarts, you're not that good. Anyway, I'm of the opinion you need to take into consideration that the power of the Force that will be displayed in the game was a decision made because it would improve the gameplay, and not to represent the real power of the Secret Apprentice. If I would judge him based on what we've seen on trailers and such when it comes to Force Powers, he could take on both Vader and the Emperor. Luke never displayed such power and neither did the great Masters Kenobi and Yoda. When I'll be playing this game and shooting lightning out of my hands with the Secret Apprentice, I'll be thinking: "He normally would have only half of the power he now displays". :)

I completely agree, also until GL or Leland Chee comment on his position in the Force hierarchy, I consider anything too obscure or unbelievable POV or "for the sake of Gameplay".

I don't mention G-canon and C-canon because I saw a Video in which GL and Haden Blacken both spoke of this being the next official installment of the Saga, so what level of canon would it be?

(I too can speculate :))

Isn't it kind of like when the prequel trilogy came out? Everything looked shiny and new and the Jedi and Sith [at least looked like they] could fight better than anyone in the Original Trilogy. And now this comes along (being made after the Prequel Trilogy), and looks new and shiny with even more powerful fighting moves. I think you kind of have to ignore this kind of thing when looking at Canon.

Isn't it kind of like when the prequel trilogy came out? Everything looked shiny and new and the Jedi and Sith [at least looked like they] could fight better than anyone in the Original Trilogy. And now this comes along (being made after the Prequel Trilogy), and looks new and shiny with even more powerful fighting moves. I think you kind of have to ignore this kind of thing when looking at Canon.
But I think they were meant to be better fighters than Luke and Vader in the OT. Vader was a crippled old man and Luke had no formal training, while the Jedi we see in the PT are traditional Jedi who spend their lives training and fighting. I certainly hope they're better fighters.

Plus, there are a few in-universe explainations for the 'sucky' fights of the original trilogy.

Par example, we got introduced to Lightsaber form 5 in Episode 3. Anakin's raw and powerfull mastery. It looked a hell lot like Luke and Vader's style from the movies. :)

And the expanded universe claimed Luke only beated Vader because he mirrored the bashy style, not because of his own power (since he didn't have any, like people here stated). Also, in the Jedi Knight games, we were given the 'Strong' style which resembled the 'sucky' looking style as well.

All and all, it makes perfect sense to me :D

Now, honestly, alls I've got to say to all this is . . . Mr. Apprentice over here looks like he can pretty much annihilate Mr. Revan's face, along with that silly mask he's wearing. I can't seem to place exactly what style he's trying to bring back. Haha.

Nah, I think they both rock. User's of the force. I don't think it really matters or goes beyond that.

The one question that's been bugging my mind is this. With someone with so much power as the apprentice, wouldn't even a dumb humanoid(like him, from what has been infered so far) consider taking the place of an apparently weaker one like Darth Vader? If not, that would point to the fact that Vader is in fact many times stronger that the apprentice only he doesn't use the force in such epic proportions or as often.

By that same reasoning, Revan used more power than Vader, but could be weaker (although unlikely) or vice-versa. What was said about the force being relative is, in my opinion, a valid thought; perhaps this apprentice only knows the use of power but lacks the rest of the spectral view of the force, making him considerably weaker than other Jedi and Sith.

The one question that's been bugging my mind is this. With someone with so much power as the apprentice, wouldn't even a dumb humanoid(like him, from what has been infered so far) consider taking the place of an apparently weaker one like Darth Vader? If not, that would point to the fact that Vader is in fact many times stronger that the apprentice only he doesn't use the force in such epic proportions or as often.

I could have sworn that i read that Vader might placed some type of gauntlet on the apprentice to control him or limit his power output. Not sure though.

I totally agree with that! :yoda4

If we are ever to judge the secret apprentice to other characters in terms of power than I believe the most accurate way will be the force unleashed book.

Revan's powere wasn't just raw force potential. Revan was a master tactition. He was also charismatic enough to lead persuade an army of jedi to disobey the Order and later turn to the dark side. If it came down to the Aprentice and Revan there would probally not even be a fight, Revan would convince the Aprentice to join him.

^ See, I believe that Revan wanted to "reform" the Republic as well as the Jedi, I think they learned strength through the Mandalorian Worlds and decided that the current Jedi Order was too weak to stand against the true threat behind the Mandalorian Wars, thats why he captured Jedi instead of killing them, the Secret Apprentice on the other hand is like an assassin (Kinda like Mara Jade, but more powerful)

In a battle between the two it would be a close watch, but I believe Revan would prevail

• 2 weeks later...

Three things, #1 I believe it's actually cannon that Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord ever, followed by Vader. IMO that if Lucas were to remake Eps IV-VI Vader wouldn't seem as lame. People want to compare Vader in the original trilogy to Anakin in the eps 3, and you can't. Evan Obi Wan would seems lame in eps IV when you compare it to his fight with Anakin. And you can't say he was the old man in eps IV cause Dooku owned Obi Wan in eps 2 & 3.

#2 you also can't compare the apprentice and Revan based on what they can do in video games that are 5+ years apart. Seriously the newer character will look better due to advances in technology.

#3 IMO midichlorians (sp?) are probably messured in parts per million or something like that, not total amount, cause if that's the case how can Yoda be more powerful than any other Jedi?

Archived