Home

Secret Apprentice: Stronger than Revan?

Revan is, by far, stronger.

2. During the War with the Mandalorians he was the most feared warrior on every battlefield, and in the end killed Mandolre the Ultimate.

As a Sith Lord he defeated countless Jedis, Knights and Masters, driving the entire Jedi order into despair.

And during the time where he had to regain his memories, he repeated the slaughter on the Sith.

Among the defeated are Darth Bandon (Darth Malak's apprentice), Uthar Wyn, the leader of the Korribean academy, Bendak Starkiller, Calo Nord, all who had quite the repuation.

Conan the Barbarian was also a feared warrior >_>

You also gotta think that Revan was a jedi and was fighting against non force sensatives so he could predict their moves with the force even if the mandalorians were great warriors they can't predict moves that well.

onto Starkiller

Starkiller was able to hold his own against a Sith lord who fought i think 3-5 Jedi masters off at the same time killing 4 of them in about like 30 seconds.

Starkiller may have died at the end of his fight with him but that was because stupid old man wouldn't let him kill Palpatine when he had the chance.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get you people. The force powers in the game are ALL over the top not just SA. Besides how can one compare an ancient Sith lord to a kid? That's what I dislike about him. People see him do all the stuff no one could do in the movies and bam "he's stronger than Revan" , he's "stronger than Luke" and so on. In my opinion he is not stronger than any of them. He is just presented as such.

I don't get you people. The force powers in the game are ALL over the top not just SA. Besides how can one compare an ancient Sith lord to a kid? That's what I dislike about him. People see him do all the stuff no one could do in the movies and bam "he's stronger than Revan" , he's "stronger than Luke" and so on. In my opinion he is not stronger than any of them. He is just presented as such.

Even if HE was over the top every OTHER JEDI he fought was also over the top in the game you wouldn't see vader perform super pushes and have some red field around him in the movies you would see Palpatine flying and using lighting to throw stuff at SK (even i think that makes no sense) All that matters is he beat them.

And please don't say Revan would win because he was a master strategist did he trick the republic into putting him as supreme chancellor, make a army of clones in secret make them become the republics army trick a federation into going to war with the republic and even trick the jedi and kill all but like 10-20 of them?

All Revan did was win a war woopdie doo he forgot all that and yes he regained his memory about his past self too bad he had no army when he got those smarts back.

If Starkiller a cardboard box of a character was smart enough to outsmart a guy like palpatine in combat then you can't say revan can outsmart Starkiller.

Even if HE was over the top every OTHER JEDI he fought was also over the top in the game you wouldn't see vader perform super pushes and have some red field around him in the movies you would see Palpatine flying and using lighting to throw stuff at SK (even i think that makes no sense) All that matters is he beat them.

Well, he's dead, isn't he?

Very skilled. Especially since Sith and Jedi 3000 years after Revan hardly had the knowledge and ability as before, since there have been quite a few statements by jedis that the knowledge of the force by both Sith and Jedi deteriorated over time.

And please don't say Revan would win because he was a master strategist did he trick the republic into putting him as supreme chancellor, make a army of clones in secret make them become the republics army trick a federation into going to war with the republic and even trick the jedi and kill all but like 10-20 of them?

No, he convinced countless Jedi to join him in his war cause even though the Jedi order gave strict orders to all jedi NOT to join.

And, even though he was just a jedi knight, he became leader of the entire war effort within the shortest time you can imagine. Practically overnight. Over the ENTIRE combined Jedi and Republic war forces.

Then, without the Republic noticing, under the pretense of defeating a few remaining Mandalorian groups, he successfully managed to find the Star Forge, an ancient automated shipyard, that accepted him as its first master in thousands of years.

And then, before anyone realized what was happening, he invaded republic space as the new proclaimed Sith Lord with untold powers and a endless fleet powered by the Star Forge, and within mere months, the Republic was driven into desperation as every effort seemed futile, and every battle was without any chance of success. Revan wiped the Republic fleets out of the Galaxy. And unlike most suspect, not in the Sith-typical thirst for power that every Sith seems to succumb to, but with the intention of overtaking the Republic so that he can strengthen their defenses so that the true Sith, who had initiated the Mandalorian war, would find a Republic united under his command with an endless fleet that would drive them back.

Actually, a very similar course of action as the one that Grand Admiral Thrawn choose, a few thousand years later, when he intended to ensure that the Yuuzhan Vong would not overtake the New Republic and known galactic space.

During the war, the jedi had been so much weakened by Revan, that his much less capable apprentice Darth Malak had no problems with almost wiping out all of the remaining jedi, including the complete destruction of the Jedi order on dantooine.

Oh, and did I mention that the number of troops and Jedi that joint Revan's cause, never ceased to increase during *both* wars?

All Revan did was win a war woopdie doo he forgot all that and yes he regained his memory about his past self too bad he had no army when he got those smarts back.

If Starkiller a cardboard box of a character was smart enough to outsmart a guy like palpatine in combat then you can't say revan can outsmart Starkiller.

Well, he didn't need the army anymore. He defeated his former apprentice, Darth Malak, under conditions I already outlined, and then, without even one person to support him, he went into unknown galatic space in the outer rims, where he presumably (most likely with help from the Exiled, a former student of his who followed him years later) managed to somehow delay the invasion of the true Sith by 300 years.

An entire Race of "Sith" lead by countless Sith Lords and an ancient Sith Emperor.

Now, *that's* what I call a feat.

What did Starkiller achieve?

Revan saved the galaxy, seemed to endanger the galaxy while preparing safety measures, and then saved them again while providing enough time to prepare for even worse foes.

Even in five lifetimes, Starkiller couldn't achieve half as much.

(And since Revan outsmarted an entire galaxy, the last part of that post his just ridiculous. :D)

Starkiller didn't save the galaxy? Didn't you pay attention to what the whole ********ty story was about? him making the rebellion that eventrually overthrew the Empire and bring back the republic. He may not have done it physically but he influenced others and brought them togethor.

About the knowledge thing it doesn't matter how much knowledge there was the sith would always pwn the jedi and some rising star with almost no knowledge always beats thm what can that say about how good these people are? O_o

Let me just remind you that Luke and Marek both had to face the same situation with the Emperor: join me or die. Marek actually fought Sidious, who is considered to be the greatest Sith Lord of all time (even greater than Darth Revan) to a standstill. Luke, on the other hand, just took the lightning. You can argue that in doing so he was just trying to convert Vader back to the light side, but the fact remains that he never actually fought Darth Sidious, so we have no indication of whether or not he could duplicate Marek's greatest feat.

EDIT: And don't bring up the expanded universe stuff. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they resurrected Palpatine in the first place and would like to completely ignore it. It just makes the end of the Return of the Jedi seem totally anti-climactic, as if Anakin Skywalker's return to the light side and fulfillment as the Chosen One was all for nothing - practically a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say Revan was more powerful. He was wiser, battle-minded, and ruled an Empire. Starkiller was clearly more powerful than Vader and could defeat Palpatine, but was killed before he achieved his full potential. I think that at his peak, the secret apprentice could have rivaled Revan.

Archived