Home

Secret Apprentice: Stronger than Revan?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I believe it was in the most recent webdoc, or somewhere, they said that all the force-wielders you encounter in the game will have similar over-the-top force powers as the Apprentice. When you look at it that way he's nowhere near Revan.

Darth Moeller wrote:

Also I believe it was in the most recent webdoc, or somewhere, they said that all the force-wielders you encounter in the game will have similar over-the-top force powers as the Apprentice. When you look at it that way he's nowhere near Revan.

Kudo's +1 :)

It's a gameplay choice to make this all over the top. Just like it was a 'gameplay' or 'coolness' thing to make Anakin destroy the operating room with a shout. You need to look through those things.

For example: The movies make Grievous an immensely powerfull warrior who uses 4 lightsabers. He has mastered every single Lightsaber form and can do acrobatics no other Jedi/Sith can do. Then why did Obi-Wan beat him?

Same example: How could 24 year old Luke Skywalker, who had 3 years of Jedi training, beat a Sith Lord who has been peaking in power for...those same 24 years?

Just start from the (recent) movies and continue from there. Not every canon material is essentially 'canon' but rather artistic license.

The movies make Grievous an immensely powerfull warrior who uses 4 lightsabers. He has mastered every single Lightsaber form and can do acrobatics no other Jedi/Sith can do. Then why did Obi-Wan beat him?

Same example: How could 24 year old Luke Skywalker, who had 3 years of Jedi training, beat a Sith Lord who has been peaking in power for...those same 24 years?

Luck might have some part to play in all this....

If you put Revan into The Force Unleashed's game engine he would have the power to bring the Death Star down. Revan would own the Secret Apprentice so badly it wouldnt even be funny. The Secret Apprentice would be like a Gizka to Revan.

:lol:

/highfive

If KOTOR had had the game engine that Force Unleashed will we would've seen what Revan could really do. But unfortunately no. So many untapped possibilities.........

I think if someone was talented with models and cinematics, a YouTube video depicting Revan vs. Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice would help answer some of those questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as of right now, I think Revan has the advantage over the Apprentice in several areas, primarily because Revan is a proven product who has demonstrated his talents (which have earned him fear and respect from the Mandalorians, Jedi, Republic, and Sith [and every faction less important than them]) while the Apprentice has really yet to make his mark on the galaxy.

Sure, there are several comparisons already (their posses include a hot woman and a droid [though IMO HK-47 kicks PROXY's wires and bolts any day of the week, and that's a fact]), but the Apprentice isn't quite at Revan's level yet. Whether or not he would get there and possibly pass him up remains to be seen.

• 1 year later...

I think Darth Bane beats the secret apprentice, He was strong enough to rebuild the sith, not necessarily through strength in the force but a combination of cunning and intelligence.

Not to mention that he- at one point- had the orbalisks which made him practically invincable

• 1 month later...

I believe Revan with pure skill would defeat the apprentice. The Apprentice obviously had to focus really hard when using his strongest powers. Revan potentially has battle meditation. That would definitely help. As said earlier he has mastered both sides of the force as well. Every bit helps.

Revan potentially has battle meditation. That would definitely help. As said earlier he has mastered both sides of the force as well. Every bit helps.

When the heck did Revan get Battle meditation? im pretty sure it was Bastila then in k2 Exile could Learn it.

He may have mastered them both but once he got mind wiped he forgot the whole Dark side bit, probably forgot his military stratigizing even though most of it envlolved 100 people getting killed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blasphemy! Revan was power!:D

LucasArts should do a remake of KotOR with the TFU game engine. Same storyline, plot, characters, etc, but moved to the awesome game engine used by TFU. I'd love to swing my Wii lightsaber as Revan.

And if they did, the developers should be given all the time they need to do it.

And they should make it "moddable".

I am done:D

• 4 weeks later...

I've never played Revan's games, but I just want to say this to fuel the discussion: Would Revan be able to defeat Lord Vader and then essentially hold his own with Darth Sidious? Would he be able to hold Sidious's lightning back? Just a thought . . .

Also, Revan being a Sith Master doesn't really prove anything. Starkiller killed a Jedi Master and "defeated" two Sith Masters.

You should start by asking, "Would Revan be able to handle Darth Sidious?"

Marek definitely could. And don't say that Sidious still ended up defeating Marek; he killed himself to destroy Vader's squadron of soldiers. It has often been speculated that if he had lived, he would have gotten even more powerful.

I've never played Revan's games, but I just want to say this to fuel the discussion: Would Revan be able to defeat Lord Vader and then essentially hold his own with Darth Sidious? Would he be able to hold Sidious's lightning back? Just a thought . . .

Also, Revan being a Sith Master doesn't really prove anything. Starkiller killed a Jedi Master and "defeated" two Sith Masters.

You should start by asking, "Would Revan be able to handle Darth Sidious?"

Play KotOR I and II..

It'll change your perspective.

But I'm asking you. So is your answer "Yes, Revan would be able to handle Darth Sidious."?

I wasn't trying to make an argument in favor of Starkiller; I was just trying to bring up a few good things about Starkiller that all of the Revan fans seemed to be ignoring, and fuel the discussion.

And I already know that TFU's game engine exaggerates the force a lot more than KOTOR; I don't have to buy an older game to find that out.

We're talking about their actual canon feats. Do Revan's canon duels outdo Starkiller's? Again, this is just a point to discuss, not an argument in favor of Marek.

But I'm asking you. So is your answer "Yes, Revan would be able to handle Darth Sidious."?

I wasn't trying to make an argument in favor of Starkiller; I was just trying to bring up a few good things about Starkiller that all of the Revan fans seemed to be ignoring, and fuel the discussion.

And I already know that TFU's game engine exaggerates the force a lot more than KOTOR; I don't have to buy an older game to find that out.

We're talking about their actual canon feats. Do Revan's canon duels outdo Starkiller's? Again, this is just a point to discuss, not an argument in favor of Marek.

I reckon Revan could take him, it'd be close, but I think Revan can do it. He'd definately be able to take out Starkiller.

Revan is, by far, stronger.

As some already mentioned - STFU exaggerates the Force and it's use, just to "blow minds" by awesome power.

If Revan and his potential as "the heart of the Force" were translated into STUF's engine, he would be almost without limits.

A few things:

1. Darth Bane found Darth Revan's holocron on Lethon and learned from the knowledge stored within. He felt that the knowledge hidden within surpassed the entirety of the archives of the Korribean Academy. It was through this holocron, that Darth Bane received a lot of the knowledge, wisdom and power that enabled him to reshape the system of the Sith.

Since Revan became more then a Jedi or a Sith Lord after Kotor (Malak, in the moment of defeat, tells Revan that he is now more powerful then even during his reign as Sith Lord), and from the liklyhood that Darth Revan most likely did not include his full knowledge in the holocron, Revan later on must have been far more powerful then the shadow left in his holocron.

2. During the War with the Mandalorians he was the most feared warrior on every battlefield, and in the end killed Mandolre the Ultimate.

As a Sith Lord he defeated countless Jedis, Knights and Masters, driving the entire Jedi order into despair.

And during the time where he had to regain his memories, he repeated the slaughter on the Sith.

Among the defeated are Darth Bandon (Darth Malak's apprentice), Uthar Wyn, the leader of the Korribean academy, Bendak Starkiller, Calo Nord, all who had quite the repuation.

Beneath Korribean, in the tomb of the Sith Lord Naga Sadow, he fought alone with two terentatek, 3.2 metre high beasts that are immune to the force and eat jedis as favorite dish for dinner.

Two of the most notable feats are his victories over Bastila and Darth Malak on the starforge.

Bastila, who during her time with Revan became a powerful jedi, had been corrupted and turned to the dark side by Malak. She fought against Revan while being empowered by the Star Forge, an ancient over 25.000 year old semi-living automated shipyard, that drained energy from the nearby sun and the dark force. You can only imagine what powers she could wield under those conditions - and was still defeated.

Darth Malak, most likely drawing from the Star Forge as well, also used captured Jedi to drain them as additional power supply. He still did not win.

And finally, after the destruction of the Star Forge, he left to fight against the true sith, who were behind the Mandalorian War and the reason why the Jedi hesitated to intervene in the conflict.

Now while we can only guess, we know that the true sith intended to weaken the Republic with the Mandalorian War, and yet, it is only 300 years later that they invade Republic space, lead by an over 1.300 year old ancient Sith Lord.

Now is it just me or does someone agree that it seems very likely that our friend Revan managed to somehow delay the invasion of the true Sith by 300 years?

And I believe that the new MMORPG by Bioware will shed some light into this.

Archived