Home

The Dig - making own soundtrack rip, need help

GavSalkeld

Ive already done my own complete Full Throttle score (and remastered the sound to make it less hissy). I now want to do a complete The Dig rip but I have two problems.

Firstly, SCUMM Revisited won't play the music files. It says something about a codec error. I cannot decompress them to wave either.

Secondly, I have no idea what each cue's proper name is. Can someone give me the proper track names for all the music in the game?

Can anyone offer to help please?

You can rip the music from the game with the ScummVM ToolBox , in better quality than I did it for my site. Don't ask me how though, just check the readme ;) At least I remember that when I compressed "The Dig" for my PSP using the tool, it created intermediate WAV-files of the music and speech files. So I assume one of the ScummVM tools allows the extraction of those.

That's great, thanks a lot. I like to keep lossless masters for my scores archive.

Can anyone now help me with renaming the tracks please?

EDIT: Its saying I need one or more of the Tools for it to work. I downloaded them but then it says I dont have all the tools and the program will now close.

Ive got the program working, but all it does it play the game for me, it doesnt actually extract anything.

As for naming the files, I had thought of using your rip but am I right in thinking that it is incomplete? It also means downloading all the files in order to play them against my rips.

I assume you've started ScummVM.exe in the temp folder, which is just the interpreter itself.

I don't remember how complete my rip was... I think it's all there is, and I'm pretty sure I've edited a few tracks together.

Oh, and I think that compress_scumm_bun.exe in the tools-folder is the tool to extract the files.

Ah bugger. ScummVM Toolbox.

See what happened is that ScummVM changed the name of one of the tools, so when its searching, ScummVM Toolbox thinks some are missing and tries to download them. Ok, what also happened was that I never got around to updating it. I wasn't sure that anyone had ever used it to be honest. I don't have C# Express installed right now so I cant make a new build.

As a temporary fix though you can rename one of the tools, so that it finds it. I'll edit this post in a few minutes once I work out which tool needs renaming.

[Edit]

Its looking for compress_simon.exe - so just make a blank txt file and rename it to compress_simon.exe

Of course if all this is too much of a hastle you can always just use the tools from the command line yourself.

• 2 years later...

Hello Community,

Iam currently working on a Soundtrack Project of The Dig and Iam nearly desperate. ^_^

I had checked the ScummRevisited2 Software to check the digmusic.bun - file to get the same message of a missing audio codec, like on the top.

Afterwards I had tried to used the ScummVM-tools but all I had done was to compress the digmusic.bun file with the compress_scumm_bun.exe by the GUI of the "scummvm-tools.exe". It's compressing the files into wave, but deletes the files after the process =(.

I had also tried to use the pure scumm_bun-order in a DOS-console but here is the explanation what it does:

D:\scummvm-tools-1.1.1-win32>scummvm-tools-cli --tool compress_scumm_bun

Usage: compress_scumm_bun [mode] [mode-params] [-o outputfile = inputfile.bun] <inputfile>

So well I think the main problem is to find the real "compress_scumm_bun.exe" because the one which is in the bundle of this ScummVM-Tools is not seperate, converts these files but brings them back into a digmusic.bun-file.

At the end I was looking for a IMU-Music Converter to WAV and found one, actually programmed for a "Star Wars"-Game but it didn't worked either. I would be really glad for some advice. =(

• 1 month later...
Me too. Some simple instructions from someone in the know would be great! :(

Well I don't want to put you down, but Iam finished with the whole project. If everything works you can have in the next time the complete soundtrack in the lossless format. If you like you can pre-listen the result in my new Youtube-Channel, "here". =)

Archived