Home

Which Xbox 360 for Prime?

Prime

Yeah, the best thing you can do is just make sure it is able to get all the air it needs to cool itself off.(You wouldn't drive with a blanket over your car's air intake would you?)

Just make sure it's well ventilated and try to keep a little space around it so it can radiate some heat as well. Also it wouldn't hurt to improve air circulation in whatever room you use it most, I have an Xbox and a PC, what I like to do is always have a fan going somewhere in my room to increase the fresh air the systems get.

It helps to keep the power supply cool as well, I usually set the PSU on top of whatever random objects I have lying around so as to increase airflow around the unit instead of having it sit flat on a surface where heat can't disipate out the bottom as easily.

One important thing to remember when placing your 360 is that it draws cool air in from the ends and spits hot air out the back. I try and set mine so that the ends aren't near any heat sources and that the back is facing so that it can release the hot air out into the room instead of towards the wall, this helps keep heat in the air from building up around the system.

It has been my experience that purchasing a set (or two if you do long LANs) of rechargeable AA batteries for use in wireless controllers is much more cost effective than buying a Play'n'Charge kit or the MS proprietary rechargeable packs.

Thanks for the tip. I have one MS rechargeable and 2 sets of sleeves for AA batts. They are constantly being interchanged. There's always one on standby.

I have noticed that the AA's last slightly longer than the MS rechargeable.

Archived