Home

How Powerful was Revan

kingoftheabyss

Revan has always been my favirote character in Star Wars and I've always stuck to my belief that he was one of the most powerfull Force Users in Star Wars history.

Im curious as too how other people view Revan's Force Power/Potential.

I've always considered him to be about as powerfull as Dath Vader...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought Revan was more powerful than average, but where he really shined was in knowing where his enemies' weaknesses and his own strengths were, and what would be required for long term victory. I think this left Revan sometimes blinded to short term, or much nearer dangers.

All in all, I thought the great strength of Revan was his mind and charisma.

Revan? As Kreia says "Revan was power. Staring into his/her eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi s/he would slay etched on his/her soul." I don't think of Revan as...a brute in that way however, Malak was definately the wimpy Brute. I think of Revan as somewhat of a schemer...he/she was definately manipulative, and had great charisma, as Jvstice said. I do think Revan is somewhat overrated...I doubt Revan was 'the best' as most people believe.

Maybe 'one of the best'.

Revan was more powerful than most, as per Kreia's comments, but that - of course - spoke only to his potential. Revan is much like Anakin in that regard, because it's unclear whether they ever reached their potential.

I don't see Revan as most powerful jedi ever, though he was probably one of the most gifted in his time, and maybe the one with the most potential. Revan was powerful, sure, but you can say the same about lots of jedi. The major difference between Revan and the others, however, is that Revan is YOUR character... And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies. Not because I see people as particularly self-absorbed, but Revan does have the ability to pull that out more than most characters because he did have significant powers, but also due to his background. Ask yourself this - did you say to yourself "Wow, my character was the Dark Lord of the Sith" or did you say "Wow, I was the Dark Lord of the Sith"?

well with Revan, you've got the story that is told throughout the 2 games from other peoples POV, and the possible outcomes of your save game, and theres not much other info on him apart from the odd summery like in the NEC. He definitely achieved power, but its hard to tell....

He doesn't compare to Sidious in force power or guile...

He was much wiser than Anakin, but nowhere near the force potential...

He's definitely top 10 of all time

Revan has always been my favirote character in Star Wars and I've always stuck to my belief that he was one of the most powerfull Force Users in Star Wars history.

Im curious as too how other people view Revan's Force Power/Potential.

I've always considered him to be about as powerfull as Dath Vader...

Revan is stronger than vader, slightly though.

He is definately top 10 or even top 5

Midichlorians were just a silly lie invented by Qui-Gon Jinn. Seriously, you think the Force is bound down by anything that sounds like 9th Grade Biology? :xp:
Silly Sabre. Mitochondrion and midichlorian aren't the same thing. :xp:

We must thank Master Qui-Gon for providing us with a way to quantify the Force power levels of renowned Force users like Revan and Darth Vader. ;)

Silly Sabre. Mitochondrion and midichlorian aren't the same thing. :xp:

We must thank Master Qui-Gon for providing us with a way to quantify the Force power levels of renowned Force users like Revan and Darth Vader. ;)

Yeah, so us fanboys can go like "Yay, my fav sith lord has 5472 more midichlorians than yours omglol " :xp:

*put's on Scouter*

"Revan's midi-chlorian level...It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!" :xp:

Those things don't mean a thing. Obi-Wan didn't have a particularry high count. He was even on the edge of being kicked out of the order when he was about to turn 13, right? He still pwned Anakin on Mustafar though.

imo, it's just an indication of potential. Like in soccer (or any other random sports). Scouts go to some exotic country, and see kids play soccer. One of the kids can already do all the moves from tv, has the condition of a running horse, and a professional way of thinking. In many ways, he could be a great soccer player.

On the other hand, there's the kid that can't do all the fancy moves. He isn't fast. But his tackles and brute mentallity DO stop the first mentioned kid. He has none of the skills the first kid has, but still manages.

And that's how it goes with that stupid Midi Chlorians as well. :)

Dang...I talk to much.

@Topic:

Revan is powerfull, okay. But I think he has maxed out his potential too. The Masters said he was interested in teaching when he was young. I think he just maxed out what he was destined to do. He was slightly stronger then Malak in his Sith time, and could just best him as Jedi.

There is just no way to objectively "measure" Revan's power and compare it with other Jedi and Sith.

What we know is:

- Kotor and TSL convey Revan as an extraordinarily gifted individual.

- Revan is the individual with the greatest impact on the galaxy in the Kotor era

It's safe to assume Revan is very powerful.

The thing is midi chlorians are real according to lucas, He also stated anakin had the highest potential and had the potential to be the most powerful force user ever due to his midi count but he didnt achieve that because of mustafar.

As for revans powers and feats, ill list them down if requested, In my opinion revan is either the 2nd most powerful sith lord behind sidious and on par with exar kun

Based on what?

Well the feats he accomplished, feeding on malachors dark side energies when it crushed kreia. Defeating malak when he was empowered on the star forge, note that malak was able to keep replenishing his energies and keep on fighting,

We also have the facts that the SF defences, droids and dark jedis were unable to stop him.

He also has vasts knowledge of the force surpassing an entire academys archives according to path of destruction.

For the force he is stronger than vader but in terms of pure lightsaber dueling abilities,id give it to vader in my opinion.

IN his holocron which bane studied also depicted him being able to create major force storms(weather) which can sort of cause massive damage over a certein area

In reality, anyone who features in EP I-VI are faster, stronger, better, more Powerful etc than any EU character or EU version of a movie Character, Regardless of what they do or achieve, or appear to do or achieve... Thats the nature of G-canon vs C canon.

I'd roughly list the top 10 as...

Darth Sidious

Yoda

Luke Skywalker

Anakin/Vader

Revan

Jacen Solo

Mace Windu

Darth Tyranus

Malak

Obi-wan Kenobi

Obviously theres hundreds of Sith and Jedi, but a lot will be around the same level...

And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies.

That's the truth sadly.

If Revan was not your own character, and was just the Sith Lord that died by Malak's betrayal and nothing more, I'm quite sure most people would say about him ''he has cool robes but Malak is way more powerful''.

Well the feats he accomplished, feeding on malachors dark side energies when it crushed kreia. Defeating malak when he was empowered on the star forge, note that malak was able to keep replenishing his energies and keep on fighting,

We also have the facts that the SF defences, droids and dark jedis were unable to stop him.

He also has vasts knowledge of the force surpassing an entire academys archives according to path of destruction.

For the force he is stronger than vader but in terms of pure lightsaber dueling abilities,id give it to vader in my opinion.

IN his holocron which bane studied also depicted him being able to create major force storms(weather) which can sort of cause massive damage over a certein area

But the thing is, how is that a direct proof of him being stronger than Vader. Both were four thousand years apart, in completely different situations and completely different environments. Perhaps Vader would have been able to do everything Revan did, and better - or vice versa.

Archived