Home

How Powerful was Revan

kingoftheabyss

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jae, I'm not sure, should I send the sense of humor via PM or is it something that must be mailed to a person via snail mail(signed in triplicate by Lucasarts and George Lucas)

:rofl:

Well, if you're going to send it snail mail, use Fedex or Brown Overnight Express so that it gets there as quickly as possible.

Even if you are which your clearly not, your not leland chee.
Thank God. He's not my husband's type.

Tell me the events of lego star wars actually took place in the actual star wars universe

Is there an _actual_ Star Wars universe? For Six Degrees' sake, we'll create a special Lego Star Wars canon all by itself, and the Real Characters can be 1st degree, and the mixed up versions can be 2nd. That way, my Jar-Jar-Jabba-Darth Maul character with the stormtrooper helmet can be included in Special Canon.

It isn't canon until its approved by the authories hence its called fan-fiction. Secondly you don't "toss" facts out as and when you like, because you do not establish nor do you control the canonical events of star wars, you don't label what is canon, neither do you to discredit them. You are NOT a lucasarts employee and even if you are you do not have the right tto change the meaning of canon unless your daniel wallace, drew karpyshyn or leland chee, the one man who decides whats canon what whats not.

Well, George Said So over drinks the other day. He likes a good single malt scotch, btw.

Lol and he actually praised dark empire, so i guess its G-canon or if you want "1st degree canon"
No, _Only_ the movies are 1st degree, and screenplays if George has put a 'GL' on every page. You gotta get these things right, you know. There are special nuances with these things, but everyone will catch on in time and will even thank me for Clearing It Up and Making Life More Meaningful.

Lucas never said anything about kotor, so i guess its non canon by your logic
Oh, no, Kotor is a game, so it's 3rd degree, but might get moved to 2nd degree if sales continue to be good, and especially if they come out with Kotor 3 because the fans will Really love Lucasarts.

Not welcomed because you caused more confusion
I know that change can be difficult for some people, but we'll press on and adjust.

According to leland chee in his blog, your defination of canon holds no water

Chee wouldn't even _have_ a job if I hadn't put the bug in George's ear.

anything in the films and from George Lucas (including unpublished internal notes that we might receive from him or from the film production department) is considered "G" canon. Next we have what we call continuity "C" canon which is pretty much everything else from the EU. There is a secondary "S" continuity classification used for older published materials created when there was less attention to making everything in the EU fit with everything else in the EU. But, if it is referenced in something else it becomes "C". Similarly, any "C" canon entry that makes it into the films can become "G" canon. Lastly there is non-continuity "N" which we rarely use except in the case of a blatant contradiction. Any contradictions that arise are dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Chee needed to clear things up, you know, because we're all tired of silly canon fights.

When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely.

Right. Which is why George's 1st Degree is more equal than all other 1st degrees.

There you go, he defines canon, you don't.
Well. Wait til I tell George about this blog post! Chee's just getting uppity there.

@Rouge Nine-it sounds like you are trying to say that if Revan would fight Sidious 100 times than Sidious wins like 99 times but Revan would win the one time( or very simliar #s). Is that what you are getting? Because I would have to agree with that logic but if it is in vs thread than we would have to go by the more common outcome which is Sidious beating Revan.

It means revan has no chance against palpatine, the most revan can do is hold his own which he will eventually lose

Against Dark Empire incarnation of Sidious, he surely has no hope and this is not just the case with Revan.

DE Sidious can defeat any Sith Lord in single combat but one Sith Lord is getting close and guess who that is? Darth Caedus

Again it was defeated by the rebel alliance under CIRCUMSTANCES, palpatine ordered the star destroyers NOT to attack the alliance because he wanted to show them the death star was operational, palpatine merely kept the empire at evens length with the alliance so that he can demonstrate the death stars powers.

And than he suddenly decided to unleash the power of Death Star on Rebel forces and we saw Death Star firing at the Capital Ships of the Rebels in the ROTJ movie. Now was that not massive? It surely send a chill down the spine of Luke who was witnessing the carnage.

And by the time Sidious was dead, The Empire was going all out against the Rebel forces but it was already too late.

Malak nearly killed revan on the leviathan didn't he?

According to DSSB, Malak possessed devastating dark side power. And add to this the fact that Revan was not thinking clearly on Leviathan. He was behaving like ROTS Vader on Mustafar.

That he got put into a simple stasis field didnt he?

And that was when Revan was in a state of shock and was not thinking clearly after the revelation.

And not to forget that Malak was also a powerful Force User.

That palpatine has more powerful techniques doesn't he?

So does Revan.

Though I would give credibility to Palpatine' Force Storm.

-Revan can't defend against an attack that can destroy his force bond.

You need to show me some sort of strong canonical evidence that shows that Palpatine knows Nihilus' Super Force Severing technique.

-Revan has never heard of the fallanasi looping technique which can hide sidious force bond making him invisible to revan in the force and physically.

When did Sidious learned about Fallanasi Looping Technique? Did he even met with a Fallanasi?

there are no circumstances to make it even plausible for revan to even harm the dark lord of the sith simply because palpatines a smarter fighter, a stronger fighter and a fighter who has techniques that revan cannot defend against.

Revan can surely harm Sidious at-least.

Revan' Force Lightning Storm is powerful enough to cause destruction on a big scale. And he knows some other dangerous techniques too.

Hell even george lucas said to contend with sidious you have to be as powerful as yoda and according to the ROTS novel yoda has more power than any sith lord before sidious.

And Revan is like Yoda in most ways.

He knows more offensive techniques than Yoda. The best thing about Revan is that He understood all aspects of the Force and was trained to use the dark side as well.

You must also not forget that it took a direct hit from a Turbo-Laser canon to bring down Revan to his knees during his reign as the Dark Lord. Now if such level of power is required to bring down Revan than he can surely put up a good fight against any kind of foe.

At-least Palpatine will know that he fought against a skilled and challenging combatant and not a fool.

Because sidious has instantly killed powerful force users with one blast of lightning

Tell me one thing! What would happen if those dark side prophets would get caught in Revan' Force Lightning Storm based attack?

But the way! I am getting tired of this Revan vs Sidious crap. People should stop with this non-sense now and move on. Revan was great in his time and same is the case with Sidious. And it is true that Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord in Star Wars Saga.

Anyways! Star Wars is mean't to be enjoyed and not preached.

You must have tons, then, :)

I sure so, for a moderator to tell people to stay on topic, you sure are a hypocritre.

You do 'manipulate' quite a lot, I'll give you that.

lol

Where does it say that in Star Wars canon?

No, I did not. I merely said Vader defeated Palpatine, with no extra qualifiers added onto my statement.

But you forgot he was defeated under a circumstance, not through combat, you basically don't have a point.

In your opinion. :)

Its fact

Again, no I did not. You're the one talking about skill and feats and all that. If anything, my message is about overcoming a superior power in spite of the more powerful skills arrayed against them.

Overcoming a superior power in spite of a circumstance, not combat alone.

And who is to say he cannot, should that fight ever happen (however unlikely it is).

LOL you just made the most hilarious comment ever, if vader could ever even faced palpatine

1) He wouldn't have asked luke to join him to fight the emperor

2) He wouldn't have trained his secret apprentice

3)The rise and fall of darth vader has stated that he can never defeat his master and his is statd by the omniscient narrator.

The entire Star Wars saga, which was built around the notion that one does not have to be all powerful to come out as the winner. :)

So a storm trooper can defeat darth sidious in a 1v1 combat situation? Keep making me laugh.

I am not arguing based on feats/skills/abilities, what have you.

Your arguing based on circumstances which won't occur for your precious revan. Hell your not even trying to argue revan's skill against palpatine, your taking examples of obi wan and anakin, vader and palpatine and trying to use it to say revan will beat palpatine the same exact way they are, because i don't care if they were based on cirumstances, simply because if you actually had common sense or the ability to reason logically, you would have stopped posting a long time ago and acknoledge that it is a fact that palpatine can beat revan.

Yes, but in the end, the Rebel's still won, didn't they? In spite of the Empire's power.

In spite of the cirsumstances, not due to head to head confrontation.

And who's to say Revan won't find a way to stop Palpatine from ever using said techniques?

And who's to say that revan can defend against techniques he has never seen or heard before?

I am not saying he will, I am saying it is possible. Again, being more powerful does not guarantee you a win, especially in the Star Wars universe.

Yes but there is NOTHING to indicate revan will win.

Actually, I do have logic and that is exactly why I'm arguing against that.

If you had logic you would have stoped posting already.

How do you know that it 'won't' happen? Did George Lucas tell you himself? Or is this what you think?

How do you know it *will* happen? Because you want revan to win? How do i know it won't? Because there isn't indication of any. Revan does not know palpatine head to toe, revan has never seen palpatine before, palpatine has tooled darth vader on one occasion when vader attempted to attack palpatine and vader and revan are very closely tied in the force.

So how do i know? Simply because common sense says that one won't occur given all the evidece.

Seriously do you argue because you can argue or are argueing just to save face?

Hey, if Palpatine is so powerful, why didn't he see the danger coming and stop it?

Because he focused all of his hatred and anger onto luke skywalker being unaware that vader turned to the light side of the force?

Yes you can! That is the beauty of it! You can argue it any way you want because until someone from LucasArts says so, that's all this will ever be. Arguments, not fact.

And many people from lucas arts said palpatine is superior to revan in every aspect of the force. Thats FACT.

But you do not know for sure it will not happen, so please stop trying to convince me so.

Oh but i DO know for sure it won't occur simply because there is nothing to indicate one will occur for your precious revan

Yes.

LOL so a storm trooper can defeat sidious in a lightsaber duel? So a weakling padawan can survive exar's amulet blasts and then proceed to pull a moon our of orbit and crash him?

Keeo making me laugh

Yes, and based on the situation and their surroundings, the underdog might very well come out on top.

Keyword situation . And sidious is a more intelligent fighter than revan too.

Send revan and palpatine both at their peak and full concentration, don't make me laugh by telling me revan can beat palpatine that way.

I am not saying it will happen, but I am saying that there is a possibility. Again, "can" is not synonymous with "will".

Possibility of winning? Again what indicates this possibility? What makes you so sure? Because obi wan got lucky in a duel and thus it should be used as a feat for revan?

If he's asleep, sure. And please stop with the strawmen, it's getting really tiresome watching you put words in my mouth.

Then you should stop argueing with me because i won't stop arguing until you concede. Lol if he's asleep of course he can get wacked up, but according to RODV palpatine never sleeps and what? He is going to sleep halfway the fight so revan can take him down?

There were seemingly no circumstances that made the idea of the Rebellion beating the Empire plausible, yet it happened. :)

Oh but there was, when palpatine ordered the star destroyers not to attack.

Where?

Star wars insider?

Okay. Revan teleports to the future where he meets Palpatine. They face off, say the standard 'wah i am more powerful than you' blather, then start fighting. Palpatine is so wrapped up in toying around with Revan that he does not notice that Revan has tied his shoelaces together. Palpatine tries to take a step foward, trips and falls and Revan skewers him through the head. The end.

Lol and what indicates to you palpatine is going to "toy" around with a dangerous opponent? When he can sense revans dangerous powers?

Implausible? Yes. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? No, not at all.

But unlikely considering the fact revan doesn't have shoes which habe shoe laces on them.

Oh, just because he thinks so means I have to? No thanks.

Apparantly, he can accpet the fact sidious > revan but you on the other hand can't

Show me one instance where I said 'omg Revan is teh awsumz he is teh bestest he can beat anyone yay'. Oh wait, if I'm arguing for a potential Revan victory, then that must mean I wear Revan undies and have posters of Revan plastered all over my wall and I brush my teeth with a Revan toothbrush.

Your doing that at the moment, your arguing for something that cannot be hoped to be won, you sound like your arguing its possible for a skinny boy to fight mike tyson head to head in the ring when its clear mike is the victor.

Again i won't deny that if a circumstance occurs but in most VS fights, we don't assume one because there wouldn't be any

Please. Stop with your foolish assumptions.

Lol your the only one making foolish assumptions "Oh t3h st0Rm Tr00P3r c@n d3f3@t $!d!0us !n a h3@d t0 h3@d b@tTl3"

Again, there was nothing to indicate that the Rebel Alliance would defeat the Empire, that Vader would move to save his son, that Anakin's raw power would overcome Obi-Wan. But they still happened, didn't they?

Due to a circumstance for each and every one of them, one which won't appear for revan simply because you think there would be one.

There is ample evidence. You just choose to write it off as 'fanboyism'.

Ample of revan defeating sidious? Lol, hilarious

And after all this, may I point out that you are not an employee of LucasArts either? Thus, everything you say is conjecture and not canon.

LOL the part where i said palpatine reduced 3 force users to bones is not canon? Go read ressurection. The part where palpatine killed 50-100 storm troopers? Go read empire volume 1: betrayal.

Hell the quotes i posted and gave page numbers are canon

Not to mention your assumptions are logically fallacious, so please stop trying to force your opinion on others.

And yours aren't? Its also fallacious to assume a circumstance will occur for your revan, given that there is nothing to even assume one will occur.

Also, please stop being condescending, confrontational, and insufferable. It really doesn't help the discussion and might have some pretty unwanted consequences. :)

Lol so your going to ban me for voicing my opinion? Look, i am entitled to my own opinions about star wars, and i support my claims with FACTS, you on the otherhand have nothing to indicate a circumstance will happen for revan, hell i can list all of them for your likes, and i want you to pick one of them and 'try' to input it in for revan

@legend, ill give you a friendly and open minded discussion, not exactly a debate.

Against Dark Empire incarnation of Sidious, he surely has no hope and this is not just the case with Revan.
We are arguing this sidious, but rogue nine wants an unlikely circumstance to happen for revan to win.

Hell he even said a storm trooper can beat darth sidious in a head to head confrontation

DE Sidious can defeat any Sith Lord in single combat but one Sith Lord is getting close and guess who that is? Darth Caedus

And despite being so powerful caedus is, I recall luke wtf pwning caedus in inferno with mere TK alone. And according to the invisible cover, jaina is contending with caedus.

And than he suddenly decided to unleash the power of Death Star on Rebel forces and we saw Death Star firing at the Capital Ships of the Rebels in the ROTJ movie. Now was that not massive? It surely send a chill down the spine of Luke who was witnessing the carnage.

Before that he ordered his ships not to attack. They only began to attack after the emperor died, and that was when he lost grip of his batte meditation, proof he used it? Thrawn was talking about it in the thrawn trilogy.

And by the time Sidious was dead, The Empire was going all out against the Rebel forces but it was already too late.

See the above

According to DSSB, Malak possessed devastating dark side power. And add to this the fact that Revan was not thing clearly. He was behaving like ROTS Vader on Mustafar.

Actually your right.

And that was when Revan was in a state of shock and was not thinking clearly after the revelation.

See the above

And not to forget that Malak was also a powerful Force User.

Im not denying that

So does Revan.

Than malak yes, than sidious? No.

Though I would give credibility to Palpatine' Force Storm.

yea.

You need to show me some sort of strong canonical evidence that shows that Palpatine knows Nihilus' Super Force Severing technique.

Sigh, the DESB stated he has mastered all known powers, previous unknown powers and devises new ones at his pleasure . That means he mastered every aspect of the force.

When did Sidious learned about Fallansi Looping Technique?

Let me elaborate, palpatine was on a quest to master every aspect of the force so he went to collect every artifact in the galaxy hence he has been stated to mastered all known powers, previous unknown powers and devises new ones at his pleasure . Also the fact that he met talsava, one of the traitor fallanasi's.

Revan can surely harm Sidious.

Yes he can

Revan' Force Lightning Storm is powerful enough to cause destruction on a big scale. And he knows some other dangerous techniques too.

. At least you try to list down some feats so revan can contend with palpatine, i admire you for the fact you aren't doing what rogue nine and jambi are.

He knows more offensive techniques than Yoda. The best thing about Revan is that He understood all aspects of the Force and was trained to use the dark side as well.

All aspects of the force? Where was this stated? Or do you mean both aspects of the force, light and dark?

You must also not forget that it took a direct hit from a Turbo-Laser canon to bring down Revan to his knees during his reign as the Dark Lord. Now if such level of power is required to bring down Revan than he can surely put up a good fight against any kind of foe.

So your saying that a turbo laser turrent is the *only* way to take him down? That turbo laser turret hardly destroyed or even damaged the hull, had revan taken a hit from an imperial star destroyer, he would have gotten killed.

At-least Palpatine will know that he fought against a skilled and challenging combatant.

He certainly will, he might even want to take revan as his apprentice, but thats unlikely because he wants luke.

Tell me one thing! What would happen if those dark side prophets would get caught in Revan' Force Lightning Storm based attack?

They would die too, but they wouldn't be reduced to bones like palpatine did

Does anyone else feel it is a bit silly to call anything that occurs in a fictional universe a FACT?

Oh and there are real world examples of less powerful beating more powerful opponents. I submit to you, The American Revolution. An unruly group of brigands that defeated the British Empire.

I'm sure some will claim that it was Circumstances, but in reality, it was merely tactics.

Sideous MAY be powerful. Tactics beat power almost every time. and Sideous has been shown to let his arrogance get in the way of his victories.

Time to cool down a bit y'all...

@ Sephira: please tone down your posts. Understand that people might or might not agree with your opinions and that you have to accept that. What you might consider the right interpretation might be perceived differently by others and vice versa. That is no reason to post things like "If you had logic you would have stoped posting already", to call people hypocrites and to tell them that their opinion is worthless. It isn't the first time you make similar comments in your posts (and are warned accordingly) and this is simply not acceptable here.

Voice your opinion as much as you want but do it with respect towards other members. Edit: Take the week (til Friday) to review and rethink your posting habits.

As to the topic, see the last line of my sig!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see Revan as most powerful jedi ever, though he was probably one of the most gifted in his time, and maybe the one with the most potential. Revan was powerful, sure, but you can say the same about lots of jedi. The major difference between Revan and the others, however, is that Revan is YOUR character... And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies. Not because I see people as particularly self-absorbed, but Revan does have the ability to pull that out more than most characters because he did have significant powers, but also due to his background. Ask yourself this - did you say to yourself "Wow, my character was the Dark Lord of the Sith" or did you say "Wow, I was the Dark Lord of the Sith"?

This is how I look at it...after I plowed through the Star Forge's Sith hordes, I felt badass...and ever since then, I've always viewed Revan as that unstoppable badass.

Revan can kill everything. Why? Because I turned on cheat codes. He now has 100 stats in everything and is immune to all force powers. Sidious gets decapitated. This debate is over, I win. As Sidious isn't present within KotoR and thus cannot interface with the game to boost his own powers, he's hosed.

Revan can kill everything. Why? Because I turned on cheat codes. He now has 100 stats in everything and is immune to all force powers. Sidious gets decapitated. This debate is over, I win. As Sidious isn't present within KotoR and thus cannot interface with the game to boost his own powers, he's hosed.

He may be able to defeat a dancing Twi'lek, but Sidious is no Twi'lek.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In addition to all of the force power he has, and his ability to wield a light saber, I also believe that he is a great natural leader and that should probably be considered when discussing how powerful he is. I think one of the Jedi council members touched on that during the history lesson and I think it showed when he became the Sith Lord as well.

• 1 month later...

Not too long ago, I was able to somehow compare Revan with Pete Carroll and Michael Savage, pending on what you compare the KOTOR series to.

Yep, this guy

RevanDLotS.JPG

can be compared with this guy

petecarroll.jpg

or this guy

08-inside-savage.jpg

:holosid:He had ultimate power he took control of the entire sith and he controlled unlimited supply of sith warships and battle fleets he controlled infinite fleets and never ending resources lol but he was a mystery because no one ever knew where he got all of his resources

:holosid:He had ultimate power he took control of the entire sith and he controlled unlimited supply of sith warships and battle fleets he controlled infinite fleets and never ending resources lol but he was a mystery because no one ever knew where he got all of his resources

You have played through the game fully right? It tells you exactly where all the resources are coming from...

Archived