Home

How Powerful was Revan

kingoftheabyss

Canderous was not the only one that 'praised' Revan, my friend. ;) All throughout KotOR you hear about what Revan did, and how powerful he is. You even hear about him in KotOR II from people like Kreia, Atton, ect! :)

I obviously know that but Canderous praises Revan every second he gets but 90% has nothing to do with his personal power but with his military prowess. My point is that you have separate the praise from bias and hyperbolic statements which Revan seems to suffer from such as being called the "heart of the force," the best thing you can take about the statement is that Revan is very strong in the force(especially coming from Kreia), stronger than most maybe but that alone doesn't make him unbeatable.

And for the record, the force storm that DE Sidious does is entirely different attack from the force storm Revan does, with no similarities to Revan's other than in name.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I obviously know that but Canderous praises Revan every second he gets but 90% has nothing to do with his personal power but with his military prowess. My point is that you have separate the praise from bias and hyperbolic statements which Revan seems to suffer from such as being called the "heart of the force," the best thing you can take about the statement is that Revan is very strong in the force(especially coming from Kreia), stronger than most maybe but that alone doesn't make him unbeatable.

Maybe 50% of the time. He really starts 'praising' Revan after Revan figures out that he is Revan and tells everybody that he is Revan (boy that was a lot of 'Revans'...). I don't think that we hear that much about Darth Vader in 'non-bias' and 'hyperbolic statements'. We know that he is feared because he commonly chokes people to death. But that in itself is a bias because not everyone fears him. No one is unbeatable, my friend. Everyone dies eventually.

I have seen it first-hand. o_Q

So have I... Generally in the Nihilus vs Revan thread ;)

I agree that there is always the unpredictability in a fight, but you have to remember that this is Star Wars we are talking about here. :D

Indeed - and this happens in Star Wars, if you review the different fights :p luck, seems to me to play a part in wins and defeats; take Yoda v Sidious as an example.

Why don't you like force storm jonathan? It is a powerful...erm...power. I would much rather see a stronger force lightning rather than force storm, though. Regardless, force storm is a strong power.

Purely because I think Force Lighting should be as it appears in the movies especially RotJ; but that's purely me.

Canderous was not the only one that 'praised' Revan, my friend. ;) All throughout KotOR you hear about what Revan did, and how powerful he is. You even hear about him in KotOR II from people like Kreia, Atton, ect! :)

Revan was the most significant force user of his era.

I agree. I don't think that many would even come close to Vader's force ablility/potential. He was the 'chosen one'. I don't think that Vader really reached all that he could be though...Revan on the other hand, I think that he might have. :giveup:

Maybe 50% of the time. He really starts 'praising' Revan after Revan figures out that he is Revan and tells everybody that he is Revan (boy that was a lot of 'Revans'...). I don't think that we hear that much about Darth Vader in 'non-bias' and 'hyperbolic statements'. We know that he is feared because he commonly chokes people to death. But that in itself is a bias because not everyone fears him. No one is unbeatable, my friend. Everyone dies eventually.

We don't hear too much about Vader, but in some ways you don't need to given, that pretty much every good guy in the OT is petrified of Vader, gives you an idea of how feared he was; why do people fear you? Because your powerful.

My 2 cents :)

Maybe 50% of the time. He really starts 'praising' Revan after Revan figures out that he is Revan and tells everybody that he is Revan (boy that was a lot of 'Revans'...).

Um, I think you misunderstood what I might with the 90%. Way more than half of the time Revan is praised by Caderous it has nothing to do with Revan's personal power rather with his military prowess.

I don't think that we hear that much about Darth Vader in 'non-bias' and 'hyperbolic statements'. We know that he is feared because he commonly chokes people to death.

They are probably lots of statements from the omniscient narrators(thus no in-universe character bias) in the star wars novels that make references to Vader's power. One of the most recent ones comes from the narrator in the Jedi Twilight novel which says

"There was no doubt in Nick's mind that, were Kar Vastor pitted against Darth Vader, the feral Balawai renegade wouldn't stand a chance.

The Force was powerful in Vader; even the dim wattage of Nick's connection could feel that. It was far more powerful than it had been in Kar Vastor."

If you read the CW novel Shatterpoint it would make alot sense so I'll will try my best to explain it if you haven't. Basically Kar Vastor was huge force sensitive beast of man that Mace Windu "could not beat on his best day." The same Mace who had kicked Sidious's butt in lightsaber combat due to Vapaad admitted that Kar was more powerful than him.(note that Kar is not more powerful than Sidious) So any way you can take from this statement that Vader is out more powerful in the force than Mace. Like I said there are more statements out there but this was the most recent and I'm no Vader expert.

No one is unbeatable, my friend. Everyone dies eventually.

:confused: Did I ever say that anyone was unbeatable? :confused:

Obi-Wan and Yoda aren't scared of him, but name another Character that isn't? Leia is defiant towards him ANH, but is scared of him by ESB.

Off the top of my Fett was definitely not scared of Vader, neither was Xizor,the emperor obviously, and Tarkin wasn't.

Slight tip; use the "edit this" function (bottom right of your posts) to add things in, double posting is a sure fire way to grab a moderators unwanted attention ;)

Off the top of my Fett was definitely not scared of Vader, neither was Xizor,the emperor obviously, and Tarkin wasn't.

No, I don't think any of them are, however in context with my original statement;

We don't hear too much about Vader, but in some ways you don't need to given, that pretty much every good guy in the OT is petrified of Vader, gives you an idea of how feared he was; why do people fear you? Because your powerful.

;)

Slight tip; use the "edit this" function (bottom right of your posts) to add things in, double posting is a sure fire way to grab a moderators unwanted attention ;)

My bad, I usually don't forget to edit my posts, but it happens. :D

But yea they aren't too many good guys that aren't afraid of him, personally I don't think Han was afraid of Vader cause he is just Bad***. I'd imagine that the jedi he fights in the comics aren't afraid of him because they willingly fight him but you never know.

Obi-Wan and Yoda aren't scared of him, but name another Character that isn't? Leia is defiant towards him ANH, but is scared of him by ESB.

Fett could be a good guy.... :D

Han Solo, possibly Luke, The Rebellion. Plenty of people if you think about it...

• 2 weeks later...
There is just no way to objectively "measure" Revan's power and compare it with other Jedi and Sith.

What we know is:

- Kotor and TSL convey Revan as an extraordinarily gifted individual.

- Revan is the individual with the greatest impact on the galaxy in the Kotor era

It's safe to assume Revan is very powerful.

right on the button there

Revan, though one of the best ,he is by no means the most powerful. Even forgetting the ancient sith that were mentioned (for they would put even Revan to shame it was said), he was a great stratagist, and very powerful in the force. I believe he was stronger than vader, even sidious, but I also believe there were others more powerful, take for example, the sith lord the chancellor palpatine told Anakin about, the one who could bring others to life. Maybe in battle revan would be surperior, but he definetly knew secrets of the dark side even revan didnt.

Revan, though one of the best ,he is by no means the most powerful. Even forgetting the ancient sith that were mentioned (for they would put even Revan to shame it was said), he was a great stratagist, and very powerful in the force. I believe he was stronger than vader, even sidious, but I also believe there were others more powerful, take for example, the sith lord the chancellor palpatine told Anakin about, the one who could bring others to life. Maybe in battle revan would be surperior, but he definetly knew secrets of the dark side even revan didnt.

I'm sure that he knew plenty. ;)

• 8 months later...

Ehem it doesn't mater if he wass more powerful than vader, I say they were about the same. It maters if Revan could ovr power Starkiller (vaders seceret (Fanboy) Apprentice) I mean he could clear rooms with a cough, pluck a star destroyer out of the sky, only achievable by him and yoda. (maybe revan)

But Revan was a SITH LORD , vader was never said to be such. I mean malak wasn't a sith lord.. till he 'killed' revan *cough*no he didn't*cough* but then got beaten down by him, it doesn't mater if the Revan YOU played as it just makes people idiots over it. Revan in my vote is the revan you see in scenes where you sit there and think, "ya wow i'm glad it's doing this and not m, i couldn't even think of this" kind of stuff.

The only point where revan would bbe weaker than vader is the concentration of force. I mean Vader has every thing packed into his burnt up torso. (Grivious no powers becouse his 'accident') And we have to remember just becouse it waves around a light saber doesn't mean it's a Jedi .. i mean Mandos in various books have used one (on for trimming hedges =} but still using it). And besides Vader through Sidious off ... a plateform... to ... i don't even want to see the mess he maid when he splatered the ground.

Vader fled from Celeste Morne or I should say the Muur Talisman

Celeste was one of Revan's contemperaries and was able to keep that talisman in check. She vanished about six years before the start of KOTOR I. Celeste was one of the more powerful Jedi, but not as powerful as Revan. Vader? Well. Vader is a coward and that limits his power. Palpatine enjoys needless cruelities and that weakens his power. Say what you want about Revan, but being a coward isn't one of them. Revan was also very pragmatic which gives him more strength than Palpatine.

Was Revan or Palpatine the greatest Sith ever? Nope. That goes to King Adas and thanks to Exar Kun, the Sith species is extinct. Adas was dead before the Great Schisim that first split the Jedi Order and had Dark Jedi land on Korriban and enslave the Sith people. Thus, Adas never knew of those corrupted Jedi teachings.

I'm sure Revan was probably the most powerful Jedi I've heard of. Although I could be wrong, and I know people are going to argue against me.

Each Dark Jedi and Jedi alike, each have their own strengths, Revans being his military smartness, and possibly his skill in both force and lightsaber combat.

I personally think Revan could kick Vaders, Sidious, Grevious', Mauls, Malaks and Bastilas asses at the same time. Cause he's awesome like that :D

And Starkiller don't stand a chance against Revans power

Starkiller was indeed powerful, although not as powerful as many, but Revan knew many dark and, sometimes, terrible things about the dark side, having discovered them on his journeys to discover the Star Forge

The only person I think that could stand a change against Revan is POSSIBLY Yoda

Yoda is strong in the force and all, but, really, he's old, and he doesn't have the strength of many other jedi in battle.

Darth Caedus was pretty powerful as well, he could manipulate the past using the Foce.

Even Kreia herself said that looking at him was like looking into the heart of the Force.

You can't deny that he was extremely powerful.

More powerful than Vader, definately.

Vader wasn't that strong, really

By the way, does anyone know a link to a list of Metachlorian counts? (sorry if I spelt that wrong)

On Revan, his raw power was certainly great, but not as much as Anakin. Probably closer to Sidious. Also, it's important to note that Revan was equal as powerful in the "Dark Side" as in the "Light Side".

Now, if Revan faced Anakin Skywalker, I have no doubt that Revan would easily defeat Anakin. Raw power is nothing if you don't have the willpower to back it up. Revan knew far more many techniques and forms, and was a whole lot brighter. Against Sidious is another story. Their potential is probably on the same level, but Sidious is like Kreia/Traya in that he doesn't outdo his opponents but weakens them with his powers. Starkiller is the same as Anakin, as well as Darth Caedus. Cade Skywalker, I'm not so sure. Cade is far smarter than he appears. Kreia, same as Sidious. Bane would be about equal in a fight, but of course no match in war strategy.

Think of Force potential as ammo and wilpower as the gun. Revan has a pretty big gun and plenty of ammo. Anakin has hundreds of ammo crates but has a six-barrel gun.

Now, greatest Jedi? No, Revan will always be famous as either one of the greatest Grey Jedi or Sith (depending on whether you believe he "fell" or took on a new mask). That honor goes to Nomi Sunrider or Luke Skywalker.

Revan has always been my favirote character in Star Wars and I've always stuck to my belief that he was one of the most powerfull Force Users in Star Wars history.

Im curious as too how other people view Revan's Force Power/Potential.

I've always considered him to be about as powerfull as Dath Vader...

you got to be kidding me Darth Vader was a cripple while Lord Vader wasn't

In reality, anyone who features in EP I-VI are faster, stronger, better, more Powerful etc than any EU character or EU version of a movie Character, Regardless of what they do or achieve, or appear to do or achieve... Thats the nature of G-canon vs C canon.

I'd roughly list the top 10 as...

Darth Sidious

Yoda

Luke Skywalker

Anakin/Vader

Revan

Jacen Solo

Mace Windu

Darth Tyranus

Malak

Obi-wan Kenobi

Obviously theres hundreds of Sith and Jedi, but a lot will be around the same level...

I agree with this list, only slightly different:

Darth Sidious

Yoda

Anakin/Vader

Luke Skywalker [ROTJ]

Revan

Mace Windu

Jacen Solo

Kyp Durron

Obi-wan Kenobi

Malak

I'd put Vader of Luke in ROTJ, frankly, because it seems about right. However, at the time when Luke took out Shimra I'd say him and his father were about even.

I moved Jacen down mainly because he definitely isn't as powerful as Windu. Maybe in alternative uses of the force, but not in combat.

Obi-Wan over Malak mainly because he could take out the #3 most powerful Jedi in his prime.

And Dooku? Come on, Kyp could take him out in a second.

But I agree with what was said earlier, this argument comes up way to awesome with the "Reven vs. x" threads.

Also, with that "Reven Was good With Foresight" stuff, if that's so true, how did Malak manage to blindside him so easily?

I wouldn't say Revan is the most powerful, but he is more well rounded than the others.

Leader, teacher, mechanic(built HK-47), tactician, Jedi, Sith

It is his skills and abilities without the Force that boost how dangerous he is. However, even in skills there are those who dwarf him.

Bao-Dur for example is probably the most skilled character mentioned so far. He designed and built the Mass Shadow Generators by himself. He built the Remote and was able to upgrade T3-M4, G0-T0, and HK-47. The destruction of Malachor V could not have happened without Bao-Dur. Does that make him as powerful as the others? No. It's just his skill.

Those lists seemed to have ignored Nilhus and the Exile, but those two are in a seperate classification at any rate. They are oppisite of the standard Jedi/Sith. The Exile is supposed to have every lightsaber and force form.

Jedi/Sith would be using a sun for their power

Nilhus and the Exile are using a black hole for their power.

Im probably going to hate myself for replying later on but there is points that I disagree with.

I agree with this list, only slightly different:

Darth Sidious

Yoda

Anakin/Vader

Luke Skywalker [ROTJ]

Revan

Mace Windu

Jacen Solo

Kyp Durron

Obi-wan Kenobi

Malak

I'd put Vader of Luke in ROTJ, frankly, because it seems about right. However, at the time when Luke took out Shimra I'd say him and his father were about even.

ROTJ Luke is far from being on this list imo. He has barely any training whatsoever compared to others that would be on this list,his "defeat" of Vader did have some circumstances around it. DE Luke and beyond imo is one of the most powerful jedi ever(the time he surpassed Yoda could vary since authors seem write luke differently) but by LOTF i dont think anyone could take him 1v1.

I moved Jacen down mainly because he definitely isn't as powerful as Windu. Maybe in alternative uses of the force, but not in combat.

I disagree here by LOTF Jacen/Caedus is a beast Some of his powers that he could use in one on one combat (both directly and indirectly) are force lightning(even with one arm),shatterpoint, he can create illusions,tk and force speed (he was described to move as a blur vs luke in inferno),force "stun/paralyze",hiding in the force especially if the terrain allows you to lose track of your opponent (ex. ESB), he can apparently sever one's connection to the force, he can also play mindtricks and put commands into people's head(even force users like he did to aurra sing), and all of this is not even taking into account his experience,strategy in battle, his remarkable tolerance for pain and use of unarmed combat.

Obi-Wan over Malak mainly because he could take out the #3 most powerful Jedi in his prime.
While Obiwan is certainly one of the best swordsman(the best at soresu imo) in sw, i dont think his "strength" in the force is enough to handle people like Bane,Caedus,Marek,,Dooku(look what happened to him in ROTS),Kyp,etc. When looking at his victory over Pre Suit Vader/Anakin, you have to take into the following factors: terrain certainly played a role, the fact that he and Anakin knew each others style inside and out and that Anakin wasn't exactly rational in that duel. I'm not trying to take away from his victory because based on their actions, he deserved the win and Anakin deserved to lose but I simply dont have faith in his force abilites.

I would hesitate to put Anakin Skywalker (his "peak" before he became Vader was ROTS) on that list for the same reason as Obiwan because while unlike Obiwan he has A LOT of raw power he hasn't mastered it yet which would hurt him too vs powerful force users.

My personal list(in no particular order) of the most powerful jedi/sith users(lightsaber skill and "power" in the force and when making this type of list,you also have to also take into account noncombat use of the force as well) would include

Sidious

Luke

Bane

Nihilus

Caedus/Jacen

Yoda

Mace

Kyp

Exar Kun

Kyle Katarn

Vader

Marek

My list could change, i left out most of the kotor characters(Revan in particular) save for Nihilus because they dont have the feats that we can accurately look at since most of them are based on gameplay. If more information was out there my list would/might include,Ragnos,Nadd and maybe other ancient sith and jedi.

Archived