Home

How Powerful was Revan

kingoftheabyss

ROTJ Luke is far from being on this list imo. He has barely any training whatsoever compared to others that would be on this list,his "defeat" of Vader did have some circumstances around it. DE Luke and beyond imo is one of the most powerful jedi ever(the time he surpassed Yoda could vary since authors seem write luke differently) but by LOTF i dont think anyone could take him 1v1.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense, I'd have to say I agree with that.

I disagree here by LOTF Jacen/Caedus is a beast Some of his powers that he could use in one on one combat (both directly and indirectly) are force lightning(even with one arm),shatterpoint, he can create illusions,tk and force speed (he was described to move as a blur vs luke in inferno),force "stun/paralyze",hiding in the force especially if the terrain allows you to lose track of your opponent (ex. ESB), he can apparently sever one's connection to the force, he can also play mindtricks and put commands into people's head(even force users like he did to aurra sing), and all of this is not even taking into account his experience,strategy in battle, his remarkable tolerance for pain and use of unarmed combat.

I still have to say I disagree, Caedus wasn't really much of a fighter in the first place, he barely beat Mara, and only did it because he pulled a "cheap shot" through the force.

He's powerful yes, but he's definitely not as good as "Take-an-entire-army-of-droids-out-and-smash-there-big-smasher-thing-all-without-saying-a-word-or-breaking-a-sweat Windu"

While Obiwan is certainly one of the best swordsman(the best at soresu imo) in sw, i dont think his "strength" in the force is enough to handle people like Bane,Caedus,Marek,,Dooku(look what happened to him in ROTS),Kyp,etc. When looking at his victory over Pre Suit Vader/Anakin, you have to take into the following factors: terrain certainly played a role, the fact that he and Anakin knew each others style inside and out and that Anakin wasn't exactly rational in that duel. I'm not trying to take away from his victory because based on their actions, he deserved the win and Anakin deserved to lose but I simply dont have faith in his force abilites.

I Agreed that Vader wasn't tottally rational, but he's packed full of Emotion (Similar to Caedus vs. Mara), which is pretty much one of the key parts of being a Sith. That would have granted him tonnes of power.

Nihilus

I totally forgot about him, he's definitely on that list, someone who can hold together an entire ship with his hate would have to be a pretty powerful guy.

Marek

I know his sounds weird, but I feel TFU seriously over-exaggerated his powers, like yeah, he's was super powerful, but so was Sidous, and he wasn't running around throwing force pushes like pies.

I wouldn't count him as being powerful, mainly because he wasn't powerful because he was, well, powerful, but because the TFU Development team needed him to be.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have to say I disagree, Caedus wasn't really much of a fighter in the first place, he barely beat Mara, and only did it because he pulled a "cheap shot" through the force.

It's been a while since I read Sacrifice but

We also have to take into account that Mara A) chose the location of the fight, which allowed to her have initial sneak attack, create traps(with the the plate so she would know when he getting close to her) When looking at the setting you would have to take into account that it was narrow so it made it hard for him to use his saber, while Mara was armed with a blaster,shoto and vibroblades. It was more of a brawl then a duel. Mara was better prepared for that fight, the wookieepedia page of the fight is pretty decent.

Mara also admits that his powers are beyond hers. His duels with LOTF Luke,Katarn and the other jedi in the ambush even his two with Jaina (in which she numerous advantages both times) show he is a force to be reckoned with imo.

He's powerful yes, but he's definitely not as good as "Take-an-entire-army-of-droids-out-and-smash-there-big-smasher-thing-all-without-saying-a-word-or-breaking-a-sweat Windu"

Meh, I'm cautious when looking at the original CW cartoon since everyone is overpowered, plus in that particular battle with the army of droids there is a scene when Mace is surrounded by super battle droids and only the ones in front of him fire yet the ones in the back just stand there and don't do anything. But Windu was definitely badass in the shatterpoint novel.

I'm just not sure if he has enough since one of his 2 main advantages-shatterpoint is negated since Caedus possesses the same ability. Mace's real advantage is Vapaad. But Caedus can take more wounds/pain then any force user (save Sion) and continue to fight so imo a saber duel could go either way but I'd might lean toward Mace ever so slightly due to Vapaad. A strict force battle, i'd give to Caedus.

To me this is one those ABC situations where Mace has the advantage over a darksider but if Caedus were to face another lightsider more powerful them Mace,I would think he would fair better then Windu.

I totally forgot about him, he's definitely on that list, someone who can hold together an entire ship with his hate would have to be a pretty powerful guy.

Don't forget what he single-handedly wiped out all life on a planet save Visas.

On topic: Revan is certainly very powerful who appears to have a broad knowledge and has access to techniques that other force users particularly jedi might not be familiar with. The only problem I have with putting in a top 5 or 10 list is that lot his combat feats are gameplay related so its hard to judge them and the one's that we do know from his DLOTS reign and beforehand are described in great detail.

EDIT:

I know his sounds weird, but I feel TFU seriously over-exaggerated his powers, like yeah, he's was super powerful, but so was Sidous, and he wasn't running around throwing force pushes like pies.

I wouldn't count him as being powerful, mainly because he wasn't powerful because he was, well, powerful, but because the TFU Development team needed him to be.

I would judge him by the novel not the game though I really can't say much since I havent read it yet but I know it was made clear in the sw databank that:

As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.

So while he was over powered which he have to accept they did put limits on it in the novel which some Revan fanboys dont have since Revan=god of kotor. and Marek ends up dead.

I would say that Revan could pwn all. In my own opinion, He might be matched with Starkiller. Have you seen the Force Storm that he uses?!? Man, I took out three rancors with that!!

Revan would pwn Starkiller in a chess game, but Starkiller might atleast come to a draw in dueling.

but the top Jedi/Sith of all time would be:

Revan (lets face it, he was smart and strong.)

Exile (Like Revan, just not as tactical)

Vader ( He'd lose to Revan, he can't stand up to a force lightning thanks to his robotic arms, so he'd probably short out and just be stuck standing there.)

Sidious ( He lost to a man who he should have seen turning on him)

Caedus ( He's just this low because I haven't read his story, so I wouldn't know the extent of his power.)

On topic: Revan is certainly very powerful who appears to have a broad knowledge and has access to techniques that other force users particularly jedi might not be familiar with. The only problem I have with putting in a top 5 or 10 list is that lot his combat feats are gameplay related so its hard to judge them and the one's that we do know from his DLOTS reign and beforehand are described in great detail.

I meant to say his pre kotor1 feats aren't described in a great detail. I think he would have some sort advantage over the jedi from the "New Sith wars" era and later since he probably knew different offensive techniques that the sith of Kaan's brotherhood didn't know and subsequently the jedi would have trouble defending against an unknown technique.

Archived