Home

Crysis SP Demo (Yay!)

TiE23

Good luck running this sucker...

Crysis System Requirements

Minimum system requirements

from Crytek and EA

OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card -256 MB**

Hard Drive - 12GB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

Recommended System Requirements

from Crytek and EA

OS - Windows XP / Vista

Processor - Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory - 2.0 GB RAM

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

1.8 gigs, but the server is pretty reliable right now, getting 800kbps download.

Direct link:

http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

Official Site:

http://www.crysisdemo.com/

I'm downloading it, but I have a feeling it's going to be pretty bad for me. I've already played this at a convention and even though the PC was probably over $3000 it ran frankly like **** and was hard to play. But it was pretty enjoyable despite the fact of the average 20fps with everything turn on. It feels a lot like playing HL2 or Morrowind or Oblivion for the first time ever.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Minimum system requirements

from Crytek and EA

OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card -256 MB**

Hard Drive - 12GB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

My system can't even meet half those system requirements. :indif:

Been definitely looking forward to this game mainly for it's engine. However, the demo runs like ****.

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 oc'd to 3.2GHz

1 Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

2GB RAM

Vista 64-bit

The auto-detect sets everything on very high but I end up getting about 8-fps. On the crysis EA forums, theres a 6 page-long thread about people with high-end comps that get low frame-rate, with a bunch of people with different combinations of quad-core/dual-core 2GB RAM/4GB RAM and 1 8800/2 8800 SLI and most of them are getting pretty bad framerates on highest settings.

Either this is a demo-only issue and the final product will run better, or Crytek wants us all to use future-computers.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=300093 <-- thread

Just completed the demo twice or thrice. I must say this game has the best visuals ive ever seen, and its not even at max settings. Was running on 1024x768 on medium - high settings. And the game is almost like a slideshow, but im used to playing under such conditions. Gameplay wise, its exactly like far cry imo. Only much better. You've got a lot of variety in completing your objectives. Overall, the gameplay was pretty much what i expected from crysis.

Can I has ur computerz now plz?

Also, I'm playing this on my lesser computer, the one with a 7600GT. I have 1280x1024 with most settings low except medium on shaders, shadows, and game effects. It's frozen on me twice but luckily it's a gentle crash to desktop.

I'll try it on my other computer, will probably have a better experience with it on that computer.

And this, ladies and jelly spoons, is why Groovy gave up on PC games.

This was the ONE PC game I wanted to buy. Why? because Crytek pwns, and I loved the Far Cry games. Unfortunately this sucker is not coming out on consoles. I feared this would happen, and ashamed that I reserved the game thinking it would run.

Here are MY specs from the computer I just bought earlier this summer.

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz

NVIDIA Geforce 6150 LE

Forgetaboutit...

This is why PC games are failing in the consumer market. At the end of the day, we just want to install the damn thing and play it...without the hassles. And NO game is worth the pricey upgrades. Ever.

anyone who spends $3000 on a PC is either rich or a fool. You can build a great gaming rig for under $1K. Most prebuilt computers are going to screw gamers in two areas, parts, or price. Groovy got screwed on parts, while the 6150 cards are from 2005, the GeForce 6000 series was introduced in 2004. Essentially, you got a cheap integrated version of 3 year old tech with your computer. :(

Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.0GHz

2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) SDRAM

GeForce 7950GX2 1GB GDDR3 PCI-Express

Sound Blaster Audigy 4

1280x1024, all settings on Medium, and it's running fairly decent. Everyone wait for tomorrow, when the 8800GT comes out. That thing will price $200-$250ish and will outperform everything but the 8800GTX (barely).

Click for review

Stuff I'm doing:

• Chopping down trees with my guns.
  • Breaking down a beach house with my bare hands.
  • Stacking cans of gasoline next to a GPS jammer to destroy it because I don't have any grenades.
  • Using camo and grabbing a dude by his neck.
  • Killing a guy by throwing him off a cliff.
  • Taking out enemies one by one like I'm the ****ing predator.
  • Gunning down retreating soldiers with my dual handguns.
  • Taking out each solider in an area one by one as the others get more and more scared.
  • Throwing a grenade into an outhouse as a guy uses it and watching it disintegrate.
  • Throwing a dumpster through walls of a house.

Yeah, after playing the demo a third time, I gotta say, the game is pretty frickin' awesome. I was shooting at some soldiers hiding in the forest and was suprised when the trees started to fall. Not to mention the explosions look awesome.

Now I just need to find a cheat code that will let me cloak indefinately a la the Predator.

Tie, you know you can just... turn off the jammer, right? :p

Yeah, it auto-detected to medium settings for all for me. It lagged like no other. So, I've been making changes, and it hasn't run with a good frame rate yet (I hate trying to shoot people with a bit of choppiness, 'cause I always miss 'em).

I have a Dell Vostro 1500, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Business, Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz), and an nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB RAM. I'm using a modded driver from LaptopVideo2Go (I'm using modded 169.01).

- PR-0927

Yeah, after playing the demo a third time, I gotta say, the game is pretty frickin' awesome. I was shooting at some soldiers hiding in the forest and was suprised when the trees started to fall. Not to mention the explosions look awesome.

Now I just need to find a cheat code that will let me cloak indefinately a la the Predator.

Tie, you know you can just... turn off the jammer, right? :p

What? I walked up to the panel on the side and I didn't see any buttons or anything... Anyway, blowing **** up is more fun, ya pansy.

TiE: 1, Phreak: 0

:xp:

Archived