Home

Crysis SP Demo (Yay!)

TiE23

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.actiontrip.com/link.phtml?http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0#msg203789

doing this can enable all the shiny Vista/DX10 only stuff in XP.

Sorry if that was posted earlier but I dont feel like reading through the whole thread.

I find I get better overall performance in XP even WITH all the Vista shininess enabled.

Man, what a cool hack. Thanks for posting this!:thumbsup:

Up yours, Vista!

That's what you get for running it under a different better OS that's handicapped by microsofts monopoly of the PC game market.

Fixed.

Personally, I'd rather fight for a while to get it working in linux than use windows.

What distro are you running Ray? What's your computers specs?

...it starts up in half the time as XP. It looks pretty, and the desktop never lags like it did for me all the time on XP.

I call shenanigans. What was the computers specs with XP and what's the computers specs with Vista? Because I know that XP started for me in half the time it started vista on my laptop. Yes, even after removing the bloatware on Vista and installing everything I use on XP.

And no, I don't particularly love the fact that I have to jump through 9 f***ing hoops to play CS:S on linux. However, until more developers like id Software and Epic decide, "Hey, lets support linux also." we have to do that. Yes it sucks, however, when I can get just as good a framerate on Linux with a game as I do on windows (which by comparison is slower and less secure with less customization), I'm happy. Am I happy that it took 3 days of troubleshooting to work? No. But until more developers support linux, that's what we gotta do.

Personally, I'd rather fight for a while to get it working in linux than use windows.
It was, however, the result of a "no fight just out of the box" installation. :)

What distro are you running Ray? What's your computers specs?
Debian sid@linux 2.6.22-ck1-FBiNC, intel Core2Duo T5500@1,67GHz, 2 GiB RAM, nVidia 7400 Go PCIe w/ 256MiB.

Not a problem. I have 700gb of space on my computer. And I have a "TV Shows" folder that weighs over 180gigs alone.

ITT e-Penis.

And Vista owns XP no matter what you say. You shouldn't judge an OS from downloading the open beta from a year ago.
So, Vista for Crysis = Loss of a few frames per second in performance.

then Linux = It's completely ****ing broken. But I didn't want to play Crysis anyway, it sucks/needs a super computer to play.

ITT butthurt Vista users attempt to justify paying over 9000x more for a broken OS.

...it starts up in half the time as XP. It looks pretty, and the desktop never lags like it did for me all the time on XP.

ITT USO DA

Archived