Home

Lucasarts and Bioware Corp. partnership OFFICIAL - At last

zaykodroid

http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/

Lucasarts and Bioware Corp. To Develop Ground-Breaking Interactive Entertainment Product

SAN FRANCISCO, CA and EDMONTON, CANADA — October 30, 2007 — LucasArts and BioWare Corp. today announced that they have entered into an agreement to create an interactive entertainment product. The product, details of which will be unveiled at a later date, will be developed and published by BioWare and LucasArts, and will push the boundaries of the gaming market by utilizing the strengths of both companies to deliver an innovative, high-quality experience.

“LucasArts has a deep commitment to developing compelling stories and characters for the unique medium of interactive entertainment, and we have been searching for a developer that shares this value. We found this in BioWare,” said Jim Ward, president of LucasArts. “Through our previous collaborations, we know that BioWare has an impressive ability to blend gripping stories with technological advancements, and we believe that our upcoming product will deliver an experience that will span the traditional boundaries of video game entertainment.”

“BioWare’s mission is to deliver the best story and character-driven games in the world, delivering powerful emotional experiences to our fans.” said Ray Muzyka, chief executive officer, BioWare Corp. Added Greg Zeschuk, president of BioWare Corp., “The collaboration with LucasArts allows us to combine our passion for creating high quality and innovative experiences with those of a company dedicated to bringing only the finest games to market.

Wait. I could have sworn that Bioware was bought out by EA games, or was this before the announcement was made? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bioware not doing MMO for LucasArts (Rumour)

Says the Girl: "Next year's Star Wars MMO, not being developed by BioWare or Sony Online Entertainment, will launch simultaneously for PC and consoles alongside the debut of the first Star Wars TV series in fall 2009, of which the storylines of the game will tie into. Those Artistic Lucases already have a second online title planned that I've heard has nothing to do with Star Wars."

I think they need to compromise and make KOTOR 3 for those who want a RPG and make the KOTOR MMO for those who want an online game. That way everyone is happy. KOTOR 3 can finish the story of the first two games and the MMO can expand on the universe or do whatever it wants but at least the people who bought the first two games can have some closure.....not to mention get to play the game on xbox, something you cant do with an MMO.

I think they need to compromise and make KOTOR 3 for those who want a RPG and make the KOTOR MMO for those who want an online game. That way everyone is happy. KOTOR 3 can finish the story of the first two games and the MMO can expand on the universe or do whatever it wants but at least the people who bought the first two games can have some closure.....not to mention get to play the game on xbox, something you cant do with an MMO.

What do you call Final Fantasy XI then?

Three Online titles is too much, yes. Two is already too much. So if the MMO isn't created by BioWare and takes place between Episodes III and IV, then no KotOR MMO, but the more chance that the game BioWare is creating for LucasArts is KotOR III. It's all still rumors, though, so like always, I'd be careful with what's being said.

Archived