Home

SWB3 Ideas

Darth_Brunny

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wouldn't say commanding capital ships is dumb, just a little extreme, i would like to see more than 1 capital ship for each side in space battles, that would make it more entertaining.

I'm really not sure about this customization idea, changing the colors of ur character could work i suppose.

Yeah indeed, and you must be able to destroy an capital ship and there must be a limitation for bombers (like only 8 on the battle) so more fighters get into action.

And it would be great if you can be hero's in space.

And especially jango and boba fet with their great seismic charges!!

• 1 year later...
The hundreds of people on a map has not yet been accomplished, with full graphical power, their is a game engine that can provide hundreds of people on a map, but graphics suffer. But I think that they should do something like 3 weapons, or being able to pick up weapons you find...

Correction... There is a game that does not suffer graphically and allows more than 200 people on at one time. ;) It will be released early January...

MAG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

With controlling capital ships. Isn't that a bit unrealistic? They have whole crews of people to do that. And they wouldn't be moving anyway, they are engaging in combat...

Of course, if they made the map large enough for the ships to movie without going 'out of bounds', then I'll be happy to have ships move, but you should have no say in it. You're a normal everyday trooper remember.

Also get rid of the autoturrets. They made dogfighting not worth getting shot out of the sky every few minutes. Still have manned turrets, but not auto ones.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)Unless if they make sterring ships and combat more like the Age of Sail games, only space. You can also have an option to switch to fighter mode. Here, this link will give you an idea of how ship-to-ship combat should look like. Only pretend these bad boys are star destroyers.

• 3 months later...

Is this for general suggestions or just for yours? Anyways, some stuff I'd like.

Custom armies in a nutshell:

- Entirely optional, available in other modes than campaign

1. You get (10 000?) credits to build an army with

2. Every character / vehicle / other item costs a certain sum (There are minimum and maximal limits so no one would get 1 000 basic troopers)

3. You can form squads (vehicles and weapon dispensers etc. too) who spawn around the same time and work together

4. An ability to name and customize individual characters would be nice for some people atleast

I doubt this can be said enough, but what I'd like the game be basically:

- Ground troop gameplay from Battlefront 1

- Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight

- Republic Commando style depth for individual soldiers, teammates and storytelling

- Rogue Squadron style space battles with Battlefront 2 style on foot action

All bonuses like in BF2 should be optional. I hate unlocking troops and special weapons over and over again

You know, I usually hate topic necromancers, but that is an interesting idea. I don't really agree with the custom armies, because it makes it seem like an RTS.

Your second section, though, was interesting. It's the best of all worlds; I've played all of those games, and I have to agree that they all excel in what they do; Battlefront was a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. If you combined all the best elements of the specialty games, though, you'd end up with an awesome game. Not so sure about the Jedi gameplay bit, though...I didn't like heroes in the game at all.

Is this for general suggestions or just for yours? Anyways, some stuff I'd like.

Custom armies in a nutshell:

- Entirely optional, available in other modes than campaign

1. You get (10 000?) credits to build an army with

2. Every character / vehicle / other item costs a certain sum (There are minimum and maximal limits so no one would get 1 000 basic troopers)

3. You can form squads (vehicles and weapon dispensers etc. too) who spawn around the same time and work together

4. An ability to name and customize individual characters would be nice for some people atleast

I doubt this can be said enough, but what I'd like the game be basically:

- Ground troop gameplay from Battlefront 1

- Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight

- Republic Commando style depth for individual soldiers, teammates and storytelling

- Rogue Squadron style space battles with Battlefront 2 style on foot action

All bonuses like in BF2 should be optional. I hate unlocking troops and special weapons over and over again

This would make a perfect game.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

make the capital ships more useable (turrets,flying) more fighters in the space battles and have the ships back in the land battles with full destucable enviroment and big wrecks stay in place or wreckage from a space battle falling down on the land battles veriouse maps extras like the sarlac pit and random events that just happin during a battle to change the flow of the fight ie ( crashed escape pod with vip needin guarding till pick up arives and what about havein some customizeing like better blasters after making so many kills with a class just a thought

Here are my ideas for this game if it ever is released:

I was never a fan of space battles or flying in the land battles. I thought it was cool it beginning but the PS2 on Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 made it difficult to fly and hit targets. Plus the map was too small for land battles.

No flying! Keep it land based ground to ground combat!

Maps to include: Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, Jabba's Palace, Dune Sea, Hoth, Endor, Cloud City, Theed, Naboo Plains, Dagobah, Death Star I, Tantive IV, Mustafar, Utapau, Salucemi, Cato Neimodia, Felucia, Alderran, Yavin 4, Geonosis, Kamino, Kaskyyyk, Dantoonie.

Troopers,soliders, etc. that I want to see: Imperial Royal Guards, Imperial Officers, AT-AT Pilot, AT-ST Pilot

Basically any vehicle seen in the movies should be playable.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I have been thinking about BF3 for the past 3+years and I think:

1. Customizable armor for single player. As you level up (more levels needed) you gain the ability to add either colors/details or extra armor that help in combat. Such as a blast skirt helps protect you against blasts (Duh) a shoulder pauldron helps against blaster fire. Along with these benefits comes detriments such as more armor equals less speed/maneuverability.

2. (Optional) Move the customization's over to multi-player but leave the perks in single player.

3. Pick up able weapons. After killing an enemy you should be able to pick their weapon up. With that said a sniper should have a damage reduction on attack with a shotgun and vise-versa. If you are playing as a specific class then you shouldn't be as good with other weapons as you are with your class weapons.

4. Melee, melee, melee. It needs to be added. With the volume of new and old games that has melee I think that Battlefront needs it.

5. Increased "gore." Not a I shoot you in the head and your head explodes in massive amounts of blood and brain, but how about a blaster hole through it, or blaster holes in a guys chest after I blast him with a shotgun. Simple things like that that make it a bit more realistic.

6. Destructible battlefield. Not to the point where I call in a blast of turbo fire from space and half the field is destroyed but how about some of the buildings the non-essential ones.

7. Better space battles. Way too small and too short. Once I found a method to breaking through and shutting them down from the inside it was game over. So maybe more capital ships (moving would be nice) and alot more fighter to fighter action.

8. A longer storyline. BF1 may be the better battlefront but BF 2 definitely has a better story. Almost no one can argue that.

9. And finally unlockable weapons. Maybe not in multi-player but definitely in single and maybe even galactic conquest. (On the galactic conquest note, more options needed, and role over most of the singleplayer stuff but make it so that you have to earn it again in the conquest)

These are just my thoughts and I have had ample time to digest the pros and cons of each of them. This sounds like my type of BF3.

Okay so I have been thinking about BF3 for the past 3+years and I think:

1. Customizable armor for single player. As you level up (more levels needed) you gain the ability to add either colors/details or extra armor that help in combat. Such as a blast skirt helps protect you against blasts (Duh) a shoulder pauldron helps against blaster fire. Along with these benefits comes detriments such as more armor equals less speed/maneuverability.

2. (Optional) Move the customization's over to multi-player but leave the perks in single player.

3. Pick up able weapons. After killing an enemy you should be able to pick their weapon up. With that said a sniper should have a damage reduction on attack with a shotgun and vise-versa. If you are playing as a specific class then you shouldn't be as good with other weapons as you are with your class weapons.

4. Melee, melee, melee. It needs to be added. With the volume of new and old games that has melee I think that Battlefront needs it.

5. Increased "gore." Not a I shoot you in the head and your head explodes in massive amounts of blood and brain, but how about a blaster hole through it, or blaster holes in a guys chest after I blast him with a shotgun. Simple things like that that make it a bit more realistic.

6. Destructible battlefield. Not to the point where I call in a blast of turbo fire from space and half the field is destroyed but how about some of the buildings the non-essential ones.

7. Better space battles. Way too small and too short. Once I found a method to breaking through and shutting them down from the inside it was game over. So maybe more capital ships (moving would be nice) and alot more fighter to fighter action.

8. A longer storyline. BF1 may be the better battlefront but BF 2 definitely has a better story. Almost no one can argue that.

9. And finally unlockable weapons. Maybe not in multi-player but definitely in single and maybe even galactic conquest. (On the galactic conquest note, more options needed, and role over most of the singleplayer stuff but make it so that you have to earn it again in the conquest)

These are just my thoughts and I have had ample time to digest the pros and cons of each of them. This sounds like my type of BF3.

1-6 make it sound like you want a Star Wars Call of Duty :lol:

All I really want are some new maps, a few new classes, weapons, and vehicles.

Archived