Home

Guitar Hero III - Your thoughts (no jackasses allowed)

BongoBob

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paint it, Black,

More or less unrelated, but I'm confused on the proper grammar of the song title. I always thought it was "Paint it Black", as Mick Jagger wants to turn everything black as he is depressed, presumably because of his chronic and massive impotency. However, by adding a comma in "Paint it, Black", the song suddenly turns from that of a tale of woe to that of racism: instead of crying that he has lost a loved one, Jagger now simply wants to find an African that will paint his room for him because, again presumably, he's a lazy, coked up rock singer.

Granted, the song lyrics don't support the second interpretation, but I'll just say that for this argument he had ADD and had simply forgotten the original intention of the song by the time he was singing.

Well even before Keith Richards I always knew rock artists were out of their tree.

I think it's a song about depression rather than about racism, though I'll ask a friend about it to make sure. Looking up the song Wikipedia tells of it's use in the media such as Full Metal Jacket and Twisted Metal, media that is grim, depressing, very much in keeping in tune with the song. As far as I know it's never been an anthem for black\anti black pride.

Well even before Keith Richards I always knew rock artists were out of their tree.

I think it's a song about depression rather than about racism, though I'll ask a friend about it to make sure. Looking up the song Wikipedia tells of it's use in the media such as Full Metal Jacket and Twisted Metal, media that is grim, depressing, very much in keeping in tune with the song. As far as I know it's never been an anthem for black\anti black pride.

I wasn't expecting a serious response. :p

I'm just commenting on why it's odd to place a comma within the title, considering it confers an entirely different meaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the fact that the Wii version only is offered in monotone, which is a real shame, the main draw back is its inability to add songs in the future. Presently the Wii version will not allow future "expansions" of songs to be downloaded at a later date unlike Xbox360. Granted they would charge you $10 for the new content but if you are going to pay $90 for a game a few dollars more never deterred most gamers.

BTP

Archived