Home

Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III

Diego Varen

Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III

The title says it all. What do you want and what do you not want to see in KotOR III, if there ever will be one. I got this idea of another forum.

I'm hoping that LucasArts and/or BioWare, Obsidian or whatever company will make KotOR III watch over this thread, since this could give them some ideas.

---------------

Do's

- Keep Obsidian as the developers.

- Keep it on PC.

- Have a subtitle for KotOR III (eg, The Unknown Regions).

- Spend as much time as you can on making it. Despite the cut content of KotOR II: The Sith Lords, I still prefer it to its predecessor.

- Include Revan and the Jedi Exile (but not as playable characters and allow the player to choose their gender and alignment).

- Include HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk, for they are the C-3P0, R2-D2 and the Millennium Falcon of the KotOR era.

- Have a new playable character, whose gender and alignment can be chosen.

- Have grey sided alignment, for replayability and new options throughout the story.

- Have at least four planets where the main story takes place and a final planet for the conclusion.

- Allow the tutorial to be skipped, like KotOR II: The Sith Lords.

- An interesting storyline, like KotOR II: The Sith Lords.

- An interesting villian, like Kreia (I mean Darth Traya).

- Use the Unknown Regions as a main part of the game.

- Be careful. No continuity slips or otherwise us fans won't be happy.

---------------

Don'ts

- Bring back BioWare or replace Obsidian with another company, for I and others are perfectly happy with the work they did on KotOR: The Sith Lords.

- Change the graphics or control system, unless if you really need to.

- Re-use party members from the past two games. For party members, just the Droids and Canderous Ordo (Mandalore), but cameos from the other party members, if they are needed.

- Re-use planets from the past games. Dantooine and Korriban have been used twice and I've think they've run out of potential now and use planets like Coruscant or Alderaan.

- Use Taris. As much as I like the planet, I see no reason to go back there.

- Use Peragus. As much as I don't mind it, I don't want to see a level like Peragus again, where you were half naked and weaponless.

- Use cut content, but unless if it did have a main part to play in the series, then by all means bring it back.

- And lastly, don't do drugs, otherwise we'll recieve a psychedelic game (but imagine the results).

---------------

That's all I can think of for now, but maybe someone else can think up more ideas.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't:

Listen to suggestions from the community excluding me.

Come up with crappy story.

Force any canon alignment decision on us.

use any old planet again, unless we get to see a whole new area on that planet.

Do:

Greatly improve the game in gameplay, graphics, animations,...

Continue the story without relying on cliche/boring elemts.

Give us reasonable explanations concering Revan's departure, why the True Sith didn't attack etc..

Coruscant!

A female sith dressed in awesomely unique clothes.

don't:

listen to Topsite ;)(Mainly the Obsidian stroking bit's, the extra time frame, more planets stuff is good)

Do:

Be made by Bioware! (Bring back the Golden age!)

I second that, only a fool and dumb wouldn't want Bioware to make a Kotor 3

Do:

A real Romance story like the one in Kotor 1 :laugh6:

Put Coruscant in

Add the Unknown Regions or at least a part of it

Add a Jump feature.

Don't:

Don't rush the game, or make it like EA style

Avoid using Obsidian to make Kotor 3 :D

Don't make Kotor 3 an MMO! I really don't want to pay X/month to play the game, the internet i use is already expensive.

Don't make it too... "Graphical" for the bit old graphic cards to support the game (i use a GeForce FX 5200)

Many thing are already stated, so here,:

DO:

>Make the main character's answers have voice!!

>For once, make nice faces to choose for main character. Most faces suck! Put a beard on males!!

>Bring Revan and the Exile back, identify their gender. Don't mess up again with gender issues. Use canon at last.

>

DO make the PC just a regular jedi caught up in important events.
No god-like heroes again. NO!

>Add cool and fearsome Sith with hoods and robes as presented in the movies.

>Bring Bastila back with great role in the game.

DON'T:

>Make the path of the dark side to be reached by stealing money. Add real dark side options.

>Make Sith like Malak(the laughing guy) or Bandon. Sith are supposed to be evil, mysterious with cool robes.

>Echoes in the force.

>Force us to accept all the party members. Give us the ability to kill or reject them.

>The usual dark Jedi who look like nintza. Make new robes.

That's for now but I will come up with new ideas.

Do:

- focus on the story

- improve/add to the animations

- bring back the Hawk, TK, and HK

- provide modding tools

- Have Bioware develop

- have fewer force powers with more applications

- improve the influence system

- NPCs that can and will leave the party

- use Mass Effect's engine?

Don't:

- play as Revan or the Exile

- have it as a MMORPG

- add lost of non-canon force powers

- stop NPC character development at the point when they become Jedi (where applicable)

- **** it up!

Do:

Have a choice of NPC's

Have NPCs' that can be killed off or leave the party

Allow for greater specialization in Force Powers and LS forms

Wrap up the Revan and K1 party plot threads

Give the project to Bioware or Obsidian, and let them finish the job they were hired to do

Solve some of the mysteries from K1 & K2

Have the game be character driven and plot driven, rather than merely event driven

Don't:

Have Revan or Exile as the PC

Retread the same areas of the same planets again, especially Dantooine and Korriban

Force on us Can

Do:

- focus on the story

- improve/add to the animations

- bring back the Hawk, TK, and HK

- provide modding tools

- Have Obsidian develop

- have fewer force powers with more applications

- improve the influence system

- NPCs that can and will leave the party

- use Mass Effect's engine?

Don't:

- play as Revan or the Exile

- have it as a MMORPG

- add lost of non-canon force powers

- stop NPC character development at the point when they become Jedi (where applicable)

- **** it up!

Fixed :D

I second that, only a fool and dumb wouldn't want Bioware to make a Kotor 3

I can think of a VERY good reason; click here:

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?t=2719&start=15

Pay VERY close attention to the third post.

Chris Avellone would have a better idea of where the story would go.

Oh, on subject: NEVER, EVER, EVER do anything along the lines of those random space ambushes from K1. They were annoying as all hell. And NONE of the planets should be as time consuming as Taris. (it took 4 hours to get off that freakin planet, the other ones averaged about 2 for me, and you don't even have any Force powers). And how about actually starting out with a lightsaber. All the improvements that K2 did should stay (the switch weapons feature, 50 levels instead of 20, etc).

Oh, and let's have it POSSIBLE to finish the main quest path in 10-12 hours (if you know where to go and don't get killed) with 100% completion probably closer to 30. (Possible doesn't necessarily mean probable or easy).

The Do of KotOR III is simple.

If not me, then someone else must kidnap Chris Avellone and force him to read and use Jediphile’s KotOR III plot suggestion, or the alternative is he gets locked in a dungeon full of raging Revan fanboys... forever! :D

I mean, it wouldn’t have to be exactly the same. Personally I think there are several different ways/endings/scenarios you could handle it from after the Nihilus showdown onwards...

So long as Coruscant, Alderaan, Sleheyron, Myrkr, Khar Delba/Khar Shian and Ziost are used, HK-47 & T3-M4 are party members, the Ebon Hawk is back, the showdown with Nihilus and the whole civil war idea is used, Bastila is your master, you get to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile, play as a new main character and the Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Carth {LS Revan only} cameos/roles are used the same way J-Phile used them, it would just be pure awesomeness...

Do have KOTOR3 be made by a new company! For crying out loud, the KOTOR series is awesome due to having two developers, with different styles and tastes! We need a brand new one to finish this trend!

Do listen to annoying messages from Chris Avollene about what he intended the 'story' to be. Then twist them, but keep the essence of what Chris wants. Players love twists after all.

Do have a third powerful main character who has a good reason for why he has all that Force Power and can gain levels quickly. Otherwise, it just makes no sense.

Do kill off Revan and Exile. :)

Don't kill off the True Sith in a massive genocide. Well, you can, but I guess it's a bit boring after all. A storyline that would end perfectly that does not involve the wholescale slaughter of an ideology...would be a clincher.

Don't release an MMORPG, unless there is an "ending" and that after the game ends, then you have to restart the MMORPG as Level 1 and play through it again.

Don't make the story "Star-Warish". Not all players of the KOTORs like Star Wars.

Don't make KOTOR4.

Do

Do kill off Revan and Exile. :)

Don't kill off the True Sith in a massive genocide. Well, you can, but I guess it's a bit boring after all. A storyline that would end perfectly that does not involve the wholescale slaughter of an ideology...would be a clincher.

Don't release an MMORPG, unless there is an "ending" and that after the game ends, then you have to restart the MMORPG as Level 1 and play through it again.

Don't make the story "Star-Warish". Not all players of the KOTORs like Star Wars.

Yes, I think Revan deserves an end by now...but I'm not sure if I want my Exile to die, but yet they must all sometime.

Do's:

---Have more worlds

---Obsidian

---Use the Mass Effect engine! :D

---Kill off Revan... -moves away from Revan fanboys-

---Longer play time

Don't:

---make it incredibly cliche

---make it an MMO

---show the dark side as your regular thugs.

Do's-

Bring back reven or exile but probobly not as the player (npc)

New lightsaber hilts

Robes with hoods that can come up and down.

Bring back Bioware!

a good plot unlike kotor 2.. it was crud..

I would like to see a few characters from the first game..reapear... like Mission, Bastila... Carth.. (they could be party members if you want them to)

Have more npc characters that can join your party...

Have more planets... like maybe 6

More play time would be awesome! (So I don't have to beat the next kotor 40 times before the next one comes out)

And please stay on the ball if you make another one... or should I exspect to drop the game for another three years and then start working on it again...

Dont's

Please no Tatooine if I see one more bantha I'm going to kill myself...

Add some new planets like Alderaan, Byss, Kashyyyk.

If in the next game I crash... three times in the first two levels of the game... I will also kill myself...

Please don't stick us with anymore retarted NPC's like GOTO I mean seriously who uses GOTO... never used him, ever...

Please whatever you do, DON'T make kotor into a MMORPG... it would ruin the game in so many ways.

Actually, you're the only one.

Another thing I thought about. A traditional SPRPG gives you a limited amount of playtime around 30 or 40 hours, while an MMORPG would give you unlimited playtime. At this point I'm indifferent whether we get an mmo or sp game, but just something to keep in mind.

Another thing I thought about. A traditional SPRPG gives you a limited amount of playtime around 30 or 40 hours, while an MMORPG would give you unlimited playtime. At this point I'm indifferent whether we get an mmo or sp game, but just something to keep in mind.

Come to think of it, there's a great pool of players here and I'm sure we could make our own Lucasforums guild, if there's an MMORPG :)

Archived