Home

Do's and Don'ts for KotOR III

Diego Varen

No offense intended dude, but you seem caught up in Obsidian and TSL. I think you should take Bioware and it's game a little more into consideration here. Bioware is known highly for great stories and gameplay. Just look at Jade Empire. That was a great game. Obsidian did do well on TSL as far as continuing the story, and improving the gameplay variety. But they lacked in a few areas like progression and endings. It's ending reminds me of The Sopranos! I'm just saying you should look at both angles very carefully before making a judgement. And that's why I say bring back Bioware.

Other than liking Obsidian's work, you took the words right out of my mouth. Bioware has an enormous amount of talent, experience, and storyline concepts to offer for any project that they work on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like:

- If the story is exciting and full of surprises, yet related to the previous.

- If the story had multiple endings.

- If you keep the basic light side / dark side theme... please no gray side... it's so un-George-Lucas-ish... Stay true to the rules created by him.

- Keep it on PC - I will actually not buy the game if it's only released on XBox 360, I don't like to play on consoles!

- If you kept HK-47! Best character in the game.

- If you didn't use any ofspring of Jolee or Kreia... That would be cheap...

- If you made more plotting then fighting, like giving the NPC's more background story with relation to the game.

- If you made more worlds to explore

Do

- visit more plants on your quest.

- include a lightsaber hilt designer.

- have an ending that wraps everything up and doesn't leave you scratching head (TSL).

- have downloadable content again.

-have more Wookies. (possibly a wookie jedi?)

Don't

- leave out content or rush the game into production.

- put anymore Sith tombs in the game. It's Star Wars, not Tomb Raider.

- leave out Corascant as a visitable planet. It's a must for the next Kotor.

- have Kreia, GOTO, or Mission Vao.

Hmm, I've been thinking of such a list for a while now, and here goes:

Do's:

- New lightsaber animations (Give it a more movie-like feel, if possible)

- No wierd particle effects! )Like the flat red-looking rope that wound itself around your hands when doing a Master Flurry, what was that for? I hated that effect. Same with Critical and Power attack. And no particle effect on the wound/choke/kill force powers either, those effects ruined the fun of it for me)

- During lightsaber combat, no sparks from the lightsabers, only the big lightflashes should be kept. Sparks are for swords, not lightsabers.

- Include flashbacks to the Mandalorian Wars, but better ones than those in the cave in TSL on Korriban.

- Unique lightsaber hilts for all important Jedi, and a few unimportant too. And no dull ones either.

- More support for the modders community (That's a big thing for me, because I like to mess around with my games, even though I might not release anything)

- More interactive NPC's, that walk around talking to each other, maybe even brawl in the cantinas over a sabbacc match.

- More planets, both known and unknown. I would like to set foot on Coruscant, maybe tread inside the Jedi Temple and the Senate.

- Bring back a few old characters, depending on the timeframe.

- Create a flashback where you see Darth Nihilus be born on Malachor V, or something like that. Either way, give him a small appearance, even if it's only in a dream-like vision.

- Bring back my hero, Trask Ulgo, the most efficient and most interesting and well-developed NPC of all times! Even beating Kreia! I mean, seriously, his dialogues are the coolest out there, "To move the camera, move the mouse to either edge of the screen", nothing can beat that! He taught you everything he knew, and he fought against a Dark Jedi (Bandon), and probably died, but still. Bring him back for the tutorial (A flashback to the Endar Spire!).

Dont's:

- Re-use some known Sith Lord from the other two games, unless it is Kreia, but she should only have a short appearance as a Force Ghost.

- Umm... A few things people already have mentioned, plus my own "Do's"-list but the other way (Meaning that they cannot not do it).

That's my list.

Oh, and I'm very serious about that Trask Ulgo-part.

• 3 weeks later...

Do's

-made by Bioware

-Better combat animations (especially lightsabers)

-New Player character but Revan/Exile included in story

-Revan/Exile deaths (but only if they contribute to the story and are memorable)

-on PC

-longer/more planets

-Deep/well written story

-unique villan

-party members who can be killed/leave party

-some in-jokes (refrences to the films, other Star Wars games)

Don'ts

-Ship before fully completed

-Mass Effect chat system (I prefer to get to choose exactly what I say)

-fully voiced PC

-Dantooine

-all non droid party members can become jedi (it just doesn't feel very realistic)

-all party members don't question your descisions, stick by you no matter how much you abuse them/go against their ethics.

DOs:

- Get Obsidion to do it.

- Kill revan, he's boring me.

-People may disagree but I don't think you should be a massive hero, I would like it you are a Republic Commander or something then you became Jedi.

- Use same sort of graphics

- Have it on PC and normal xbox

- Make it a next-gen game too, i'd love to have KOTOR sitting in my Xbox 360.

- KEEP IT AS AN RPG

- Include the Ebon Hawk, T3 and HK.

- Include new planets. e.g Mustafar, Kamino, Geonosis, Coruscant, Alderaan.

- I think it would be good to have Tatooine again only have it in Mos Eisley.

- [POSSIBLY] Tanis Space Station as a sort of prologue like Peragus, as seen in Star Wars Galaxies.

- Have new corporations and enemies. e.g GET RID OF CZERKA AND THE EXCHANGE

- Have the 9 party slots as usual, but have a few ways to replace some of the party members e.g Kill them, Kick them out, You find someone more important to the game plot and replace them.

- Have the option to actually join The Jedi or Sith, it is annoying how you HAVE to kill a sith for the conclusion of the two games. It would be better to have the option of joining the sith and kill a main Jedi as a conclusion.

- New Character to play and new party members

- The ability to JUMP.

- The ability choose Gender

- Romances

- Have certain times that in certain battles when som1 in your party die, THEY REALLY DIE FOR GOOD.

DONTs:

-Make it a MMORPG

-Have Bioware make it.

- Have random battles that actually have no purpose.

- Have another Cliffhanger like in the cut version of TSL

- HAVE ANOTHER REALLY REALLY BORING PROLOGUE LIKE PERAGUS. I liked Taris because it wasn't COMPLETELY HOSTILE and it was a large place which you could explore and roam about freely. Plus it was less gloomy.

I have to say I liked KOTOR the best than TSL. It was less gloomy and it gave me a lighter feeling and I was never bored. In TSL it gave me a bit of a dark, gloomy feeling because it was constant problems and constant hostilities. Yes you can roam freely and stuff but I want the NPC's to sound and act more cheerful than TSL. Oh an DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER KOTOR WHERE THERE IS A BORING BIT LIKE PERAGUS THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO BORING TELOS BEFORE YOU CAN TRAVEL TO PLANETS AS YOU PLEASE. Another thing you shouldn't do is make another prologue where all the hostiles are mostly droids. I like Taris coz there were Sith, Swoop Gangs, Aliens like Rakghouls etc.

thats all from me see ya :wok1:

I have to say I liked KOTOR the best than TSL. It was less gloomy and it gave me a lighter feeling and I was never bored. In TSL it gave me a bit of a dark, gloomy feeling because it was constant problems and constant hostilities. Yes you can roam freely and stuff but I want the NPC's to sound and act more cheerful than TSL. Oh an DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER KOTOR WHERE THERE IS A BORING BIT LIKE PERAGUS THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO BORING TELOS BEFORE YOU CAN TRAVEL TO PLANETS AS YOU PLEASE. Another thing you shouldn't do is make another prologue where all the hostiles are mostly droids. I like Taris coz there were Sith, Swoop Gangs, Aliens like Rakghouls etc.
Hence: K3 = BIOWARE

Archived