Home

Wich Female&Male K.O.TO.R. games(or other S.W.) Charachters Are Great Role Models

Empress Padme

Best role models?

I would think either Carth or Mission. Mission for always cheery personality, stands up for herself ( and others, i.e. You, Zaalbar. ) and has respect. Carth, in the way that he does not turn to the easy path (unlike *one* of his mentors) and is willing to work hard, his sense of humour, and willing to help people.

Most of the people in KotOR are just...angsty, or vicious. Juhani is a nice girl, but she is very introverted, and doesn't care for herself that much. Bastila is way to strict for me to see her as a role model, and Jolee could work as a role model.

DEFINATELY not HK! :xp:

DEFINATELY not HK! :xp:

Wha...???? I'd agree if the title said "positive/moral" :xp: Seriously, though, probably Jolee b/c he's willing to throw in and help out in the crunch, despite his misgivings. He recognizes evil and is willing to stand up to it, and not merely b/c the "code" tells him to either. He sees beyond the platitudes and appears able to think for himself. Not really sure that any of them (TSL crew also) would make "great" role models, but they naturally all have their positive and negative aspects.

G0-T0...

Yeah, that's right... G0-T0. The 'Kaiser Soze' of Star Wars. He was a powerful business-droid that didn't want the galaxy destroyed or even to rule it himself, he desired stability. Pretty good role-model if you ask me.

:eyeraise: Huh? You mean you don't think that Mission's a great role model for exuding hawtness?!? Guess I've just regained some respect for you. :D

Bryanna

Mission

Carth

Of course that's your opinion, but I can't see Brianna as a model for anything. She sure has that justice sense, but she got so many internal conflicts, with Atris and about her mother and her half-sisters, that puts her on the profile of someone that needs help.

Yeah, that's right... G0-T0. The 'Kaiser Soze' of Star Wars. He was a powerful business-droid that didn't want the galaxy destroyed or even to rule it himself, he desired stability.

Beaten to it by RH...

Ja, gotta admire Goto even if his methods for achieving peace were somewhat impure. He's the only authority figure in either game who can honestly claim to not have been corrupted by power. (Which is more than Revan/Kreia/Atris/everyone else can attest to.)

G0-T0...

Yeah, that's right... G0-T0. The 'Kaiser Soze' of Star Wars. He was a powerful business-droid that didn't want the galaxy destroyed or even to rule it himself, he desired stability. Pretty good role-model if you ask me.

Barbra Streisand. The ends never justify the means.

Jolee

Carth

Mission

Mira

To the O.P., please don't shout in your titles.

Revan - He went from conquorer to savior, villian to hero, light to dark back to light. He proves that your past doesn't justify your future. As a wise jedi once said "always in motion the future is." Not to mention that Revan kicked serious butt and had a group of people follow him and looked up to and admired him.

Of course that's your opinion, but I can't see Brianna as a model for anything. She sure has that justice sense, but she got so many internal conflicts, with Atris and about her mother and her half-sisters, that puts her on the profile of someone that needs help.

She eventually works past those conflicts, and if the sense of justice isn't there, nothing else matters.

She eventually works past those conflicts, and if the sense of justice isn't there, nothing else matters.

By killing Atris and her sisters altogether? That seems more like a forced solution, and to one as powerful on the Force and combat trained as her, that is dangerous.

If there's ever some spin-off, like comic reliefs or something else about her and her life after Kotor, I'm unsure whether she'll shown as a stable person of sorts.

T3. amazing loyalty, and never gives up despite his "disadvantages".

Thats only because of his stuck motivator. :p

IMO, Jolee is the best role-model. He has a lot of wisdom, and a lot of good advice. Second to Jolee would be Revan because, either if you decide to be light or darksided, he could still be considered a great role-model, IMO of course. :)

Thats only because of his stuck motivator. :p

IMO, Jolee is the best role-model. He has a lot of wisdom, and a lot of good advice. Second to Jolee would be Revan because, either if you decide to be light or darksided, he could still be considered a great role-model, IMO of course. :)

gotta agre with you on jolee and revan

Ctrl_Alt_Del: Re the mental stability. You're probably right. What do you expect from Kreia's daughter? But of the members from K2's party, she's probably the best role model.

Visas: Too haunted.

Mira: Money obsessed.

Mandalore: willing to kill his own over things beyond his minions' control

atton - former mass murderer who only quit because he was afraid he'd be judged by the standards he captured or murdered others for

bao dur: too haunted by his actions in the past

Hanharr: no way. He'd kill anyone you put in his care.

HK-47: If you were raising your children to be assassins, but ordinarily, no.

T3-M4: I suppose he wouldn't be bad.

Disciple: No spine.

^^ pretty good summary.

But I do think that Disciple suffers also from being waaaay too emo on top of that, and too obsessed with the whole jedi thing. I mean instead of being some perverted weirdo he can utilize his skills and become a much better person for the republic he cares so much about (or so he says) Though I do think that the annoying parts of his character may be blamed on the fact that parts of his storyline is cut, even though he is probably designed to be the "shorter end of the stick" for atton from start,

Same thing can be said about Brianna to a certain degree regarding her lack of inner self content in game.

Oh, HK47 is indeed a good role model if you can appreciate his mentality. He is THE most professional assassain., and its not just skillz I am talking about.

Also forgot to list

G0T0:

If you wanted them to be successful in bussiness & patriotic, but thought that compassion would be a liability, yes, but his sense of morality is skewed in a direction that most would not consider positive either.

Kreia: If you cared about their success more than their survival, then yes. But only if those were your priorities.

:eyeraise: Huh? You mean you don't think that Mission's a great role model for exuding hawtness?!? Guess I've just regained some respect for you. :D

"Hawtness" and being a role model are two quite different things... ;)

Barbra Streisand.

Huh? :eyeraise:

The ends never justify the means.

In a perfect world, sure. But believe it or not most of the time the ends do actually justify the means, happens every day. For good or ill.

Jolee

Carth

Mission

Mira

Since you addressed me above I'll address your selection of 'role models' they are anything but.

• Jolee, failed Jedi and while he has a good heart and nature, a role model he isn't. Actually he is a good reason for the Jedi to have those 'no attachments' rules.
  • Carth, again nice guy, with issues, but a 'role model'? No.
  • Mission, she is spunky and also has a good heart, but she is far from role-model material. Perhaps when she is older and has done some things to make herself one. Then again she also has a possibility of never having this chance.
  • Mira... you got to be kidding? :lol:

Sorry mate.

In fact, I think none of the major characters in TSL are good role-models...

Exile: Has been in denial about severing his/her own connection to the force for a decade and continues to.

Kreia: I'm not even going to waste my breath explaining it.

Handmaiden: Betrays her oath to her sisters and Atris because she lusts after the exile, since he reminds her of her dead father. Ewww...

Disciple: Abandons his jedi training because he cannot get the woman teacher that he has a crush on...

Visas: Former sith assassin who remains ruthless and demonstrating complete lack of compassion for suffering individuals even after she has been "turned back to the light"

Atton: Extremely dark past that he absolutely will not reconcile with or accept the consequences of.

Bao-Dur: Admits to feeling joy and celebrating the deaths of the Mandalorians he killed during the war...

Mandalore: Finds it perfectly acceptable to conquer neutral worlds by attacking civilian targets.

Mira: Bounty hunter for hire who poisons the exile. Nuff said.

Hanharr: Killed his own tribe.

HK-47: Trigger-happy assassin droid who likes nothing better than to hear to the dyings screams of his targets.

T3-M4: Hmmm, actually T3 is probably not a bad choice. But he is a droid, and he DOES willfully put the exile in jeopardy in order to fulfil the quest Carth/Bastila gave him, which is not a very nice thing to do.

G0-T0: Uhm... just listen to any two conversations from him...

Huh? :eyeraise

Hint: First letter in each of the nut job’s name

In a perfect world, sure. But believe it or not most of the time the ends do actually justify the means, happens every day. For good or ill.

No using even a little bit evil to do a greater good is never justified.

Since you addressed me above I'll address your selection of 'role models' they are anything but.

• Jolee, failed Jedi and while he has a good heart and nature, a role model he isn't. Actually he is a good reason for the Jedi to have those 'no attachments' rules.
  • Carth, again nice guy, with issues, but a 'role model'? No.
  • Mission, she is spunky and also has a good heart, but she is far from role-model material. Perhaps when she is older and has done some things to make herself one. Then again she also has a possibility of never having this chance.
  • Mira... you got to be kidding? :lol:

Sorry mate.

Sorry but I don’t look for perfection on in my role models. Depending on your beliefs, there has never been a perfect human being and there never will be.

Yes, Jolee is a good reason to the “No Attachment” rule. However he did learn from his mistake and did not repeat it.

I’ll admit that I letting my biases and even my interpretation of Mira’s history color my selection of her.

Archived