Home

Wich Female&Male K.O.TO.R. games(or other S.W.) Charachters Are Great Role Models

Empress Padme

How did a gangster remote become a great role model? Even more bizarre is that I actually may agree with it, LOL.

Anyway, a great role can make mistakes as long they own up to the fact they did and not continually make them.

'Hawtness' is not a good reason for a role model, it's just a bonus,lol.

Carth- is a nice choice, paranoid yes but can't really blame the guy.

Mission - no, she's a scoundrel at heart and whiny.

Canderous - .......... next

HK - if we are gonna bring droids in as options T3-M4 is a better choice than a bloodthirsty droid, but he is funny

Bastila- the scene where that guy on Tantooine is surrounded by droids because of his wife, Bastila's reaction killed any chance of her being a positive influence.I'm not even gonna go into the rest of her actions.

Jolee- is a great choice, however he has a scoundrel past to which he shows no remorse and basically lives in trees for 20 years not helping anybody.

Juhani - too spineless , if it weren't for Revan I highly believe she would be a Sith.

Handmaiden - ditches her vows to fight over a hot Jedi , noooo

Kreia- great villian ,yes.great role model, no.

Atton- lovable Han Solo wanna be but no.

Mira - even after she becomes a Jedi she still considers the Exile her bounty.Nice girl but alas no.

Bao Dur - issues,issues.Needs a shrink STAT

Hanhaar- umm,no

Visas- love the girl but even when turned 'good' she still has a very ' unique' stand on things.

Disiple- I didn't get to have the hot teacher so I left the order....wait she's come back must follow her like a dog in heat.

GO-TO- Will kill whoever it needs to for 'stability' in the galaxy.I saw a droid with a 'God complex'.

My choice suprisingly didn't even think of until this morning - Zalbaar. Loyal. Protects a whiny brat. Stands up for whats right even if it goes against his family's interests.A bit tempermental but mostly keeps his mouth shut so I can play the game without constant interuptions. Carth's a close second.Yes whiny but he follows Revan's orders to protect the Republic and when Saul approached him to turn him ,he refused. Overall a good guy who's not power hungry.Who is honestly trying to help/protect the galaxy.

Was being tongue in cheek about hawtness "role model" jibe. While being "hot" may be a nice bonus.....most models are probably too narcicistic/stupid to want to emulate.

Still, I'm sure that there are many who idolize the late Marilyn Monroe b/c of her fabled sex appeal (in essence, making her a role model for "hawtness" :xp: ).

Jolee - Sorry, the Jedi order is not perfect. So Jolee not being a perfect jedi is not a reason to brush him aside. He has a compassion about him. He cares for others. Plus wisdom is a wonderful thing.

HK-47 - There is a quality about him that shows pride in his accomplishments. While brutal and cruel, he is not ashamed of himself. He teaches you to be proud of who you are. Be proud of your work. And of course I'm kidding about him being a role model.

On the comment the ends never justify the means... Suppose all that killing done in WWII was not justified. No, I'm not just talking about the soldiers who died. Entire cities were leveled to save countless more lives. If you want a real discussion on the practice of evil to do a greater good, I'll be happy to discuss it, but not in this thread.

Jolee - Sorry, the Jedi order is not perfect. So Jolee not being a perfect jedi is not a reason to brush him aside. He has a compassion about him. He cares for others. Plus wisdom is a wonderful thing.

HK-47 - There is a quality about him that shows pride in his accomplishments. While brutal and cruel, he is not ashamed of himself. He teaches you to be proud of who you are. Be proud of your work. And of course I'm kidding about him being a role model.

On the comment the ends never justify the means... Suppose all that killing done in WWII was not justified. No, I'm not just talking about the soldiers who died. Entire cities were leveled to save countless more lives. If you want a real discussion on the practice of evil to do a greater good, I'll be happy to discuss it, but not in this thread.

Well, I obviously think jolee's a role model. And for some strange reason, I actually agree with you on the mass murdering crazy robot. What he's doing is only wrong if he choses to see it thst way.

Role models? Ohhh, let's see. From the first game I would have to agree with Carth and Mission. Jolee too, despite not being all goody goody about it. In a way most of the characters have positive traits, as well as some faults. Bastila's blind loyalty to the Jedi for example, or Juhani wrestling with the desire for revenge. Or Revan, how I think he truely was. Sure he was a Sith Lord, but I always think back to him and Mission where he swears the Sith will pay. Given that canologically it was the Cathars that drove him to action in the first place I would say this is a great example of the shades of grey that exist. This is taken to new heights in the second game. Who here would be classed as a good guy or positive role model. The only one I can think of is Lonna Vash, yes you heard me right. Stick on the mod for her, or look at some of the cut content. Best of a motley crew if you ask me.

So what other characters could be seen as positive role models? Han, older Han, where he matures. Even from the second film he improves dramatically and continues to do so as he ages. Jaina for stepping up and realising the way things are even at her young age. Maybe I'm biased but add Mara Jade in there too, even as a Sith she had more morality than most of them.

• 4 months later...

Obviously, nobody is perfect so it seems what is more important is how you deal with those imperfections. I always have thought the whole thing with Jedi becoming monks and trying to act and reason without emotion or bias was a recipe for disaster. We are made with emotions and the capacity to love.

I think Aratoeldar's comment that the ends never justify the means is appropriate since we are discussing which individuals would be good to emulate and morality is a definite aspect of a good role model. At the same time, within just limits, killing may be appropriate. Such as capitol punishment for a murderer or an adulterer should the primary victim (the wronged spouse) wish for that sanction to be executed against the criminals. (Here I wish to point out that I TOTALLY disagree with Bastila's line 'No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes') See Gary North's Tools of Dominion, great work on justice and the like.

Revan, hmm, how could a darksider who thinks civil war is the best way to prepare his government for a massive attack of some sort be considered a good role model morally? Yes we all know Revan can beat more than half the chaps of his time to a pulp but then, so could Vader. Should Revan have become a hero after he regained all his memories before the duel with Malak (New Essential Chronology, to you lazy check his Wookipedia article) the new see a classic, albeit convoluted and secularized, story of redemption.

I agree with those who say Carth would be a fairly good role model. Loyalty to people and government is a very commendable virtue, provided the government is not evil. He seemed to love his family very much. He also shows he’s no heartless creep in the KotOR comics. Vigilante ‘justice’ may not be his most admirable trait however.

As I said above I think the Jedi philosophy (in fact all Star Wars, Cosmic/Secular humanist philosophies) are skewed. So I think Bindo has some points there, it is possible to love selflessly, and the Jedi (In my opinion all human based worldviews) are lacking in something fundamental to how sentients work. Of course, Jolee didn’t think that way, but still, the chap is leaning closer to the right direction than, say, Vrook, Juhani, Vandar, Krynda, Yoda, and…*snap snap* Come on guys, who am I forgetting?

If you consider Brianna to have betrayed her oaths to her rightful mistress, then, yes 'tis a very unheroic sort of action. On the other hand I would like to point out that Atris was a hypocritical Sith who's 'Jedi control' theory was hogwash and who had lost all touch with real moral principle, shut up while the Galaxy was dying. To rebel against an unjust, immoral, and or villainous form of oppression (yes, with violence if truly unavoidable) is the duty of a good and decent individual. At the same time, she could have been a better sport when Visas came into the picture (in fact you can get her to give you the silent treatment for the duration of the game if you play your cards right) and her feelings for Exile were a tad…strange to say the least. Still, she is one of the slightly more morally upstanding people in The Sith Lords, particularly when compared with the rest of the Hawk’s crew. But I don’t wish to get into the ‘who’s better than who’ mess any more than I have.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

• 4 weeks later...

To be a role model means to lose individual personality. Look at those signs on public toilets, they are role models.

So if you consider any human character a role model, probably he/she would want to press a blaster pistol in his/her brain and press the trigger.

I think the only possible role model is T3.

Archived