Home

You bought Kotor why...

Ctrl Alt Del

Why have you bough Kotor (1 and/or 2)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Why have you bough Kotor (1 and/or 2)

• Because I'm a Star Wars fan.
    • Because I'm a CRPG fan.
    • Both.
    • Because I appreciate Bioware/Obsidian work.

Why have you chosen to buy the new Bioware masterpiece (when it was announced, of course) or the waited Obsidian sequel to it? Was it because you are a Star Wars fan? Or you just happen to like CRPGs? Perhaps both...

The purpose of this thread is to draw the profile of the Kotor players, on what games can you expect to bump on them, and if Star Wars games have really crossed old boundaries that restricted the games to the fans of the Lucas saga.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[[ I meant to do both <_< ]]

It wasn't so much that it was Star Wars, that it was simply a great story that I shared with two of my cousins. Still, I love Star Wars, and love RPG's, and ended up buying it eventually.

I mainly bought it for nostalgic purposes, and to try out some mods. :)

Because NWN knocked my socks off....even though I played Oblivion first. Made my own priorities very clear to me - pretty graphics mean nadda without the amazing story behind it.

I never had any urge to play any Star Wars game in my life, but I wanted to see what Bioware did with it,,,,

I bought KotOR 1 maybe six-months after I got KotOR 2, I also bought the game because I was browsing the internet, and that is what I came across; it looked promising. My birthday was coming up, so my parents bought me an Xbox, and KotOR 2. :)

I did not buy Kotor 1. I did not even know it existed, and did not care much for Star Wars in the first place.

Family friend gave it to me for my birthday, so I installed it, played, and got hooked. I rented TSL for the Xbox at a later date and played through it once. Around that point I got interested in Star Wars more than ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Because I love Star Wars. After Christmas (2003), I went with my family to different electronic stores to use the money we received- we do this every year. I saw KotOR on the shelf and picked it up to look at it and immediately knew it was going to be an awesome game.

I had to get a new graphics card to play it, though. Everything was solid white when I had first loaded up the game. After the new card, though, I was able to play. And I was disappointed. I was imagining a Jedi Knight series-style gameplay, and with the description about customizing your character and that style of combat, I thought it was going to be amazing. But it wasn't like that. I learned to like the game eventually, because of its story, but the combat still somewhat disappoints me. I still hold the belief that if KotOR had a combat system similar to the JK series, it would be my favorite Star Wars game of all time. The story is definitely my favorite.

Fun fact: I didn't beat KotOR (LS, still haven't beaten DS) until almost three years later in April 2006. Long story why.

I never got kotor for PC. my uncle gave it to me as my first videogame i had ever played on my xbox. i then got kotor II for xbox and palye dit. thne my fridn gave me the PC version of kotor II and i had a lot of fun playign it on my pC, and i've played it over and over and over again sicne thne...

I've never seriously played any RPG before I bought Kotor. In fact, when I bought Kotor, I thought the gameplay was like the Jedi Knight series. What I got was something much better, and got me into the RPG world. :) So I bought Kotor because it was Star Wars mainly.

I actually got it accidentally....

I was buying a different game and the store assistant put KotOR in by mistake...

I tried it out and just couldn't bring myself to take it back

Lol, but you bought one game and the assistant put both Kotor and the other game (lucky) or just Kotor?

I bought it out of curiosity. I had never played an RPG before but I was raised on Star Wars. My spouse bought TSL and as I watched him play a little of it I thought to myself "Hey that looks pretty cool!" Then he took it with him when he went out of town. I was browsing at the store and saw KOTOR. I realized it was the first one and picked it up using the excuse that now we could have both. Kotor is what hooked me on RPG's and Bioware. I was blown away by the storyline and the character interactions... and I still am. The bad part is we had to buy another copy so my husband had one because I played it constantly; trying different dialogs, sidequests, and then mods when I found out about them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have put off playing KOTR for a long time, but kept hearing great things about it, and then I played Jade Empire and loved it, and decided to move on into the Star Wars world a bit, and here I am, and am very glad i did, remarkable game indeed, with many fine qualities.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived