Home

The radicalization of liberals in politics

Heavyarms

TK:

I think Totenkopf summed it up pretty well. It doesn't matter whether you think it should or shouldn't have been investigated...it was investigated, whether you like it or not. The fact that Clinton lied about it just goes to show that he knew he screwed up. He knew he was wrong, so he lied to try to get out of the situation.

Also, the fact that the Democrats have no moral standards is nothing to be proud of - it just shows how low the Democrats have fallen, and why they shouldn't be held up a leaders. The party that supported Gerry Studs (sex with an underage congressional page), Mel Reynolds (sex with an underage campaign volunteer), Bill Clinton (sex with a White House intern), and William Jefferson (caught taking a bribe in an FBI sting) should not be leading America into the future (and let's not forget Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquiddick, Robert Byrd's history in the KKK).

I don't expect politicians to be perfect...they're humans. But the group of scumbags that are running America today are a disgrace to this great nation. Personally, I'm beginning to think we should throw them all out & start over.

Oh, and I find it amusing that you bring up Bush's approval rating. Have you seen Congress' approval rating since your beloved Dems took control? Their approval ratings are even lower than Bush's.

Rccar, you make it sound like the Republicans haven't had numerous embarassing sex scandals and bribery scandals as well. Go ahead and list the Dems who have gotten in trouble, but I could make a list equally as long if not longer of Republicans who have been engaged in prostitution, infidelity, bribery, underage sex, etc., but personally I would find that an endless waste of time, and I have to go to work in about a half hour.

Oh, and I find it amusing that you bring up Bush's approval rating. Have you seen Congress' approval rating since your beloved Dems took control? Their approval ratings are even lower than Bush's.

The Republicans in Congress have even lower approval ratings than the Dems, BTW. So much for that.

And personally, I find the Democratic Party pretty pathetic; they're far from beloved when it comes to me. It's just that the Republican Party is the biggest bunch of holier-than-thou hypocritical neanderthals in the country.

The difference is: the vast majority of Republicans caught up in those "embarrassing sex scandals and bribery scandals" aren't still in office. Bill Clinton stayed in office after committing adultery and perjury. Gerry Studs was applauded by Congressional Democrats. William Jefferson has been indicted, yet he's still there.

Yes, many Republican politicians say that they have values in order to win votes...and then it turns out that they're hypocrites. But most Republicans don't tolerate hypocrisy in their leaders. You, instead, think it's better to have politicians who have no values at all.

Oh, and there's a reason that the Republicans in Congress have such low approval ratings: they've been acting more and more like Democrats lately, and that tends to piss Republican voters off.

The Republican party is entering a transition phase. It's basically turning into a struggle between conservatives and neo-cons as to where the party is going to go in the future. Those of us who believe that our politicians should be held to higher standards than the average Joe aren't happy with the modern Republican party, but it's hard to vote for someone else (I'm a fan of the Constitution Party, myself), when the alternative party seems to have no values at all.

So, I stick to my assertion from my last post: throw all the bums out & start over.

The difference is: the vast majority of Republicans caught up in those "embarrassing sex scandals and bribery scandals" aren't still in office. Bill Clinton stayed in office after committing adultery and perjury. Gerry Studs was applauded by Congressional Democrats. William Jefferson has been indicted, yet he's still there.

You're partly right. Yes, a lot of times when conservative figures do things that gets them in trouble, they resign and fade out of public life. Mostly because other party members do force them out. But Larry Craig is still in office, remember.

You, instead, think it's better to have politicians who have no values at all.

Well, I just have different values in mind when it comes to politics. Values such as the rule of law, the Constitution, limited government, non-interventionism, personal freedom, civil liberties, etc.

Archived