Home

OJP-Enhanced: Single Player?

cheeseballbob

Ok, so...i'm assuming that OJP-Enhanced v. 0.1.0 is both a singleplayer and multiplayer mod seeing as how it modifies both rite?...but i'm having trouble playing single player...like...mayb this is just a stupid question...but how come the cutscenes dont work?...the movie-like ones work fine...but the ones that use the game's engine...i just get control of jaden and hear the sounds...and like...if i'm playing while the cutscene is playing...i see it play out in front of me...but i still have full control over jaden...

for example...say it's the one in the first level, on yavin, when rosh is being an idiot and showing off with his fancy force pull...i see another jaden (identical to mine) walk up to the door...and rosh (the usual) uses the force pull...etc...but when it ends, i'm automatically teleported to the spot where i should have been, as if the cutscene played out like it should...with me watching...

anybody have an answer?...or is that supposed to happen?...cuz that seems to be happening with my other mods...like the chaos force unlimited mod...but i haven't tried OJP-Basic so i'll have to check that one too...

but anyways...thx in advanced...

Hi, cheeseballbob, I think I answered your question in PM, but I'll repeat it here for general information.

OJP does technically have some SP modifications, namely, some minor menu enhancements. They were done a long, long time ago.

The reason why the cutscenes aren't working is because we had to modify the cutscene scripting to get it to work in CoOp mode. Unfortunately, it also screwed up the SP version of the game.

There was an intent to have a seperate SP version of OJP, but the individual involved ended up too busy to complete it.

As a workaround, you can delete the scripts folder inside the "stuff" pk3 to make the cutscenes work correctly. However, this will make it so the cutscenes won't work in CoOp AND you'll not be able to play on OJP servers with "pure server" turned on.

To be clear, the OJP Enhanced saber combat system won't work in SP no matter what you do. Same applies to 98% of the other OJP Enhancements. That's why we made CoOp mode.

It's because we don't have the single player code to alter in the first place. Noone does. :|

Archived