Home

Guitar Hero III

Negative Sun

Hammer ons seem a lot easier in GH3, which makes it an instant winner in my book. A lot of the songs are also very good. I did find it odd that so many of the bonus songs were foreign language songs, but I also understand why this was done. Something about Spanish Rock bothers me on a fundamental level though. :p

Once I got used to the Les Paul, I really like it. Too bad I'm stuck on Raining Blood on expert. I think My Name Is Jonas is the funnest song to play, I had no idea what it would be like in guitar hero, but it's amazingly fun. As for what Inyri said, yeah. Hammer ons are a lot easier. I can do trills with my little finger.

I wonder how they are going to do the song, "One" - Metallica.

What with the tap-solo in there it's going to be a trickster.

Either they give the option of taping the bars, or you have to move all 8 fingers (thats how many you'll need most likely.

But that's the only thing I'm wary of about this game ... Other than that ... I WANT IT!!!!

8 fingers for the "meedlymeedlymeedlymeedysquidley!" solo at the start of the lengthy solo. :D

One is awesome, but the solo is only the real hard part I have trouble with playing on real guitar ... Imagine that with the Guitar Controller! I reckon it's easier to play real than Guitar Hero style, haha.

It's good though ... Can't wait to get it this game.

OK.

I just completed it on Medium. (I try Medium before I go to anything else)

And all i have to say is ... That Guitar Hero III has lived upto my expectations perfectly.

One was absolutely awesome. Tried it on expert ... Got to the second part of the solo then failed.

Wasn't happy! haha.

I love it and yeah ...

It was funny though ... Cause when I was battling Morello and it took me (shame to say) close to ten goes just to beat that *insert expletive*! But when I firsted vs Slash .. It was at the end of the song and I stuffed up his whammy bar. heh heeeeee!

I love this game.

Well I bought it yesterday or something, but the whammy bar is really loose, so I'll probably return it tomorrow. If I'm not holding on to it when I'm playing, it just falls pointing straight down.

Was it like that brand new? That sucks a wee bit lolz

It can get like that after endless hours of rockin' out though :p

OK so I returned it and got a new one last night. I beat all of Easy and I am stuck on the guitar battle with Lou on Medium. I've beaten all the other songs on medium. But man Lou is so much harder than all the other songs, I've probably done it at least 6 times. note that I've never owned the other GH games so I'm pretty happy with my progress for my amount of experience.

Nice work.

I agree that Lou's is the hardest song and I got all jittery (in an all boyish-hetereo way, haha) when I found out I would be playing that song. (I love that song almost as much as 'One')

'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' though, I have to admit is kinda like Free-Bird For GH III.

Try doing THAT one on Expert and still have your soul!

I was mildly disappointed however when my favorite line of that song was drowned out ... (But I didn't know until after I finished because I was playing and "singing" it at the top of my lungs and my mate told me about it ... I had to play it again [without singing] to believe him)

"I told you once, you son of a b****, I'm the best that’s ever been!" :D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guitar hero 3 is a pretty memorable game. Not as memorable as GH2 but it still is fun. Dragonforce is pretty hard. Ive done what I did in GH2 and beat all the songs on easy 5 stars and got a special guitar for it. Ive beaten all the songs on medium and am currently stuck on Hard and Expert. Ive bought all the characters though.

Anyway it had a pretty good amount of songs. The next GH3 game should have some Zeppelin in it.

• 3 weeks later...
One is hard. Let's just leave it at that. -_-

Actually you can get through it okay if you button mash. There are also only 5 frets, so I don't know why you'd need 8 fingers. :p

Word.

I have actually tried to do that little solo part on my guitar, and it's easier than in guitar hero, you just need to know what you're doing. :D

Archived