Home

Trying to Uninstall KotOR I But isnt working...

AkiraSWKotOR

Hello Guys (Say it plz when i am posting in the wrong section).

Well somewhere in the past i've Uninstalled KotOR because of some reasons like It didn't Work on Vista etc. and I needed to Uninstall.

I could Uninstall then Reinstall for the first time but the second Reinstalled it then I was puttin some mods like: Bastila Romance :p It didn't work( the MOD)

So i was going to Unistall again it worked( the Game wasn't anymore in the Add & Remove Programs) it was gone.

( now the Weirdest thing ever) I Could play without the Installation because There wasnt a tab with Install on the third time. So I was going to Uninstall it again But the Game didn't Respond it is responding to all other tabs but not on Uninstall.

----Edit----

By the way i can put mod in the Override Folder but then the Mods doesn't work. It's really weird There is no icon of the game in Add & Remove Programs and still I can play KotOR I. So please people help me.

So Guys Please Help me I Beg u all please.

Hello,

First, your post is quite a confusing mess and I can't make heads-nor-tails of what your issue is here, if I am having trouble with this I'm sure others are as well... hence you don't get an answer.

Also you use IM chatspeak in your post... many of us find this completely annoying and thusly ignore posts containing these kinds of words. Please type things out clearly and completely. Instead of 'plz' type out please, etc.

I apologise if this seems to be harsh but I am only attempting to help you here. When asking for help you have to provide as much information as clearly as possible (Help us to help you so to speak), as we cannot sit in front of your PC ourselves this is all someone has to go on.

Have you ever tried un-installing via the Un-install option inside of your SWKOTOR2 folder?

Specifically, if you go through start>all programs>lucasarts>star wars kotor2>uninstall?

Add/remove programs is a fine way to remove your software, but I reserve it for higher level stuff than games. Usually, as with this game, software installs with an un-install option.

As RH noted, the steps you have gone thru are vague at best. More info given will serve you well in the future.

Well Iv said In my First Post That it was gone, so that means it gone from my computer.

But the Weird thing is I can play KotOR without Installing it again.

So thats why I was trying to Uninstall KotOR for good to put Mods in KotOR etc.

So I cannot See Uninstall in the Start Menu nor in add & remove Programs :(.

Hope u guys understand now.

Have you tried using the game disk?

Try putting Disk 1 in your drive and allow it to auto-run. It should either bring up the game menu or the install/uninstall menu. If it brings up the install/uninstall menu then you should be able to uninstall the game from there. If it doesn't, then come back and tell us and we'll go from there.

And welcome to LF, BTW! :waive1:

Well by the way ( I've forgot to say this) is the BOPC (Best Of PC) disk so it's only one disk and I am using Autoplay from the beginning and there in that Menu Of KotOR the Uninstall isnt working( The Icon is gone everything is gone only the Folder is Left).

I've tried also in the Folder the EXE file Uninstall but isnt responding, so if u guys know the Solution to this Please say it.

And thank you for the Nice Welcome :)

You're going to hate me for saying this, but I think that you're going to have to go into your registry and delete the registry keys. Do you know what I'm talking about? I'm going to assume that you're dealing with Windows XP and not with Vista. I haven't a clue about Vista, so if you've got Vista, I'm afraid you're SOL.

You have to be VERY, VERY careful when you do this, or you'll end up having to reinstall Windows! Do it at your own risk. If you have any questions, please ask them now before you attempt this.

1) Go to Windows' "start" menu and click on "Run."

2) Type "regedit" (without the quotes) in the box that appears and click "OK." This will open Windows' registry editor.

3) Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and then "SOFTWARE."

4) Look for any Lucasarts and Bioware entries. If you have any other Lucasarts or Bioware games installed, then there will be multiple sub-entries under each company name. In that case, you'll have to delete only the sub-entries that have to do with KotOR. I'm telling you this because I have multiple games from both companies installed and I've had to do this before. The sub-entries should be pretty self-evident. If you don't have any other Lucasarts or Bioware games installed, then you can delete the entire entry.

5) Delete entries by right-clicking on it and choosing "Delete" and confirming the deletion.

6) You have now uninstalled the game manually. Exit the registry editor. You're done and you should now be able to reinstall the game.

Good Luck!

• 2 years later...
You're going to hate me for saying this, but I think that you're going to have to go into your registry and delete the registry keys. Do you know what I'm talking about? I'm going to assume that you're dealing with Windows XP and not with Vista. I haven't a clue about Vista, so if you've got Vista, I'm afraid you're SOL.

You have to be VERY, VERY careful when you do this, or you'll end up having to reinstall Windows! Do it at your own risk. If you have any questions, please ask them now before you attempt this.

1) Go to Windows' "start" menu and click on "Run."

2) Type "regedit" (without the quotes) in the box that appears and click "OK." This will open Windows' registry editor.

4) Look for any Lucasarts and Bioware entries. If you have any other Lucasarts or Bioware games installed, then there will be multiple sub-entries under each company name. In that case, you'll have to delete only the sub-entries that have to do with KotOR. I'm telling you this because I have multiple games from both companies installed and I've had to do this before. The sub-entries should be pretty self-evident. If you don't have any other Lucasarts or Bioware games installed, then you can delete the entire entry.

5) Delete entries by right-clicking on it and choosing "Delete" and confirming the deletion.

6) You have now uninstalled the game manually. Exit the registry editor. You're done and you should now be able to reinstall the game.

Good Luck!

what will the lucas arts and bioware be under in regedit because i cannot find them atall and it seems impossible to find them :\:\ :(

If you can't find them from there, then I suggest that you give up, because you're only going to succeed in corrupting your Windows installation.

It would also be a good idea to use CCleaner's registry cleaner to back up your registry before messing around in there.

• 1 year later...

I installed KOTOR onto my new windows 7 laptop but I had compatibility issues so in the process of fixing that I had to uninstall the game. I've opened up the uninstaller multiple times and uninstalled it multiple times but whenever I try to re install the game it prompts me to uninstall the game. So now I'm in an endless loop of trying to uninstall and and reinstalling it. any help?

• 1 year later...

Every time I attempt to reinstall KOTOR in Windows 7, it just asks if I'd like to uninstall it again. I've tried everything including using CC to clean the registry, but nothing has worked. I'm steadily approaching madness. Anyone have any insight?

Does anyone have any accurate information of which specific registry entries in W7 tell the OS that KOTOR is installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

if you use CC, you can fix it from there rather than doing the regedit route which may be confusing for some, n the uninstall/remove rograme section of CC, clck on the pograme that you wish to be gooooone, if uninstalling has worked, the files have gone but yet the computer reads it as still there in the unistall section etc, click on "delete entry", then clean the registry normally et voila

Archived