Home

Next-Gen?

Darca Lar

Any plans for another Jedi Knight game? If so, they should redo a lot of stuff to really make the game B.A. Graphics are given, but even more lightsaber gameplay and force interaction, so pretty much like making "The Force Unleashed" Jedi Knight style. And what about the story, should it be Jedi Knight III, or JKA II. And should you play Kyle or a completely new character all together and just have him and/or Jaden be NPC's? I'm just throwing out ideas, but what do you guys think? :sithk:

It would have to be made for the Wii.

No, that is a stupid idea and you know it. :p

PC, and maybe 360 and PS3. Wii would just be dumb, we don't need a Star Wars themed Red Steel. Awesome graphics, cuttable environment, smooth animation, awesome light saber fights.

No, that is a stupid idea and you know it. :p

PC, and maybe 360 and PS3. Wii would just be dumb, we don't need a Star Wars themed Red Steel. Awesome graphics, cuttable environment, smooth animation, awesome light saber fights.

And awesome controls.

It would have to be released on the Wii.

Well, the Wii could never be "perfect" in terms of literal lightsaber control.

However, what is cooler, a flailing Wii-mote affair? Or a button-mashing analog stick-jerking affair?

I guess proper PC controls could be pretty sweet, though. If they were done correctly with the mouse and not to difficult or impractical.

I think it'd be okay if it was released on the Wii, but the Wii isn't doing so hot as they were when the system released because they're just not releasing the right games, a lot of them are family oriented and it's just not as fun.

So if it was released on Wii, it could not be exclusively. It'd have to be for PS3 and the 360 as well.

Sorry, I was just thinking because when I thought of next gen JK, I thought better graphics, story, characters, and gameplay. Not how it would be controlled. And if it'll be on the Wii *all hypothetically* it wouldn't really have that next gen flair.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally do not want to see another JK game. They stuffed up with JKA. They mostly stuffed up with JKO, but gave it a medium story line that fixed all that wrong-ness.

Why the heck they decided to use the Quake 3 engine on those game is beyond me. I would not have used the IDTECH3 engine, if I were creating a game unless I was planning on releasing that game free.

Say no to the IDTech3 engine!

I'd kinda hate to see another Kyle Katarn game, to be honest.

I mean, Kyle is awesome and all, but what's left? His character has been developed just as far as it possibly can be.

Anything added in terms of Kyle Katarn would just be unnecessary or stupid in the sense that it would be painstakingly obvious that they were just using his character to continue a franchise and keep making money.

Well I think that is a given. I thought you post implied playing as Kyle Katarn.

Well, Kyle is still In Action during the war against the Vongs, along with Jan Orz. So yeah it might be fun if you play as him during those days even. I mean, we may be able to play as Jan!

Yes, playing as a student of Kyle just don't work well as seen in JA. I mean it does not even work in Metal Gear series either... that wimp flag Raiden...

But the thing was Jaden had absolutely no redeeming traits, no character progression, no development. I understand that they wanted to make the game experience somewhat customizable but I felt that it took away too much.

I'd rather they introduced a new character with a very specific background and a very developed character progression and story arc.

Archived