Home

Why have I heard nothing about this?

The Seeker

Frickin' Soldier of Fortune 3!!!

My absolute favorite modern-based FPS franchise is releasing a sequel tomorrow and I hadn't heard anything about it till today. I subscribe to PC Gamer and frequent Gamespot.com and various other sites of the sort, and this thing somehow stayed off my radar.

Well, I'm psyched beyond reason right now, but I have to wonder what other amazing game news has slipped by me.

I'd heard about this a little while back, but some things perturb me.

a) Raven Software didn't make it.

b) John Mullins had no hand in the making of it.

c) Activision farmed it out to a budget software dev house.

I'm not holding my breath for it to be any good, but I might try a demo.

I think it'll be cool. But I'm not holding my breath until the reviews start to come out. And anyway, I think it's release date is tomorrow, and I think it's Assassin's Creed's also, according to Wikipedia.

I think I'd like to play it for a bit, but not really own it. I never rent games ever, but I may rent this one. And just for the gratuitous violence.

Yeah, it sucks monkey balls. Talk about a disappointment. Crappy missions, crappy AI, an overall sucky feeling to the whole thing. This monstrosity is a SOF game in title only. Activision was apparently just trying to make some quick cash, but when reviews start flying, they will find that stamping a great franchises name on a pile of steaming crap doesn't change the fact that it's crap.

Gotta offload this thing on ebay before reviews start coming out.

Whew, that was close. Managed to sell it on ebay for $5.00 less than what I paid for it. Some Aussie snagged it since it's banned from commercial sale over there. Well, that's that. I guess five bucks isn't too bad of a price to rent a crappy game. Now to use the money and buy crysis.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason why some of you may not have heard of the game until the reviews are out is because the game's development was pretty silent. Screenshots and videos didnt start appearing until the store pre-orders began. Pre order included an unlockable weapon.

The game sucked overall, never played it myself but thats what the reviews are saying. This game had a lot of potential, i guess it just didnt make the cut.

If by "plays exactly like CoD" you mean you play as a biped, then I see your point. But the similarities end there. It looks sloppy, it feels sloppy, the damage each gun does is ridiculous, and the AI lines up in a neat row to be shredded by said weapons. Activision should be ashamed to have their name on such a crappy product, especially since the prequels rocked.

Activision knew exactly what they were doing when they handed off a money making popular franchise to a budget title dev house. SoF games were basically Raven's baby and this is one move that doesn't ingratiate me with Activision, a publisher I generally like.

Kind of like what Activision did for Call of Duty 3. If you ever played it. Basically they slapped some half ass story, over Call of Duty 2...added some silly struggle mode, and threw it up on the shelf in time for the holidays. Sad huh?

Archived