Home

Which is the best choice?

Thrik

Which is the best choice?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best choice?

• Clean your dirty keyboard
    • Buy a new keyboard

Hmm good question. My keyboard is pretty dirty, I turn it upside down from time to time and shake it out and tons of crumbs and stuff fall out... Pretty soon I'd be interested in a new one, this one is pretty old and might be beyond cleaning... So I'll say buy a new one. They're not that expensive these days anyway.

Yes, this is definitely a 'taking all the keys out is the only way to get all the bits out' type of question. :D :D

With them being so affordable (a great Logitech Media Elite is only about £15), I'd rather just have a shiny new keyboard once it gets so filthy that I'd consider it unpleasant to clean/open. But then, I know people who vehemently believe that if it can be cleaned, it should be cleaned.

These people have keyboards that're over five years old.

I usually fantasize getting one of these keyboards, especially the bluetooth one and hooking it up so it's compatible with my computer.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/

However, yeah it is a waste of resources to get a new one, but I'm starting to notice my keys getting a little stiffer and worn down. Instead, though, I'm thinking about digging around my parents house for an older model. I like the retro look, even if it is a behemoth on my desk.

And who cleans? It's fun to swipe a card between the cracks and see the amount of hair and dandruff that I pull up.

The Keyboard that I am using only has a little bit of dust on it, so it is good for about another 5-10 years! :)

I voted for buy a new one though. I said that because I would much rather have a really really nice one and then I would clean it everyday, so that it would last me a long time. :)

My keyboard recently celebrated its 10th birthday. So far I've gone for the third option of not cleaning it at all. I am generally a disgusting slob.
Also the dirt from the first year had a massive impact on the adhesion forces of the dirt from the following nine years. All you have to do is to clean the desk from time to time so the keyboard itself won't get lost. Very clever.

• 5 months later...

Archived