Home

Jacen haters of the world unite

Nancy Allen``

To much like the Vader stuff.
Yeah, they seem to be going out of their way to both tie in and recreate the prequels. And Jacen just doesn't seem to be a threatening/scary/powerful Sith Lord, and I'm having a hard time taking him seriously.

Although I Read and Enjoy both the LOTF Novels and the Legacy Comics, the Last 2 or 3 Comics have done more and more to undermine Jacen's Struggle and "Unique" journey to the Darkside, and with Krayt's Sith Order alive and well on Korriban during the Novels, Jacen has been made to look like a bit of a pretender, It's a shame because I consider Jacen a great character, and a Very Powerful Force user, (He can Hold his own against Luke) but he's been overshadowed recently.

acen has been made to look like a bit of a pretender
I've found that to be the case even without the Legacy comics. I mean, what has he actually done that's so spectacular? Part of the problem is that there are so many plotholes in the story in general.

^^^

I agree that the story can jump around a bit, but I've found, a lot of info that I didn't really understand until I went back and jogged my memory with the 22 NJO novels and Dark nest crisis that preceded the LOTF

What I meant, is how in the Traitor Novel, Jacen's time with the Vong and his suffering at the hands of Vergere, and the Embrace of pain, His new knowledge of the force and his return to the Galaxy was cool and new, and he was known for it, then Krayt comes a long and it turns out he did it all before

• 3 months later...

Hmz...he is kind of a cool Sith Lord though. But the things he causes are just...bad for the Star Wars universe and us as readers....

I mean, take a look:

-He kills the Solo family line off. Unless Han get's...let's not go there. His daughter shares his blood, but has no official father and caries the name of her mother.

-Kills Mara Jade, one of the most loved EU people.

-Turns a Skywalker (Ben) to the Dark Side, so yet another generation of Skywalkers is tainted. (Anakin, Luke, Ben, Cade...all)

-Turns Anakin Solo's girl to the Dark Side (since many people loved the Anakin character, this sucks as well).

If you sum it up, he's a real son of a..Hutt.

Hmz...he is kind of a cool Sith Lord though. But the things he causes are just...bad for the Star Wars universe and us as readers....

I mean, take a look:

-He kills the Solo family line off. Unless Han get's...let's not go there. His daughter shares his blood, but has no official father and caries the name of her mother.

-Kills Mara Jade, one of the most loved EU people.

-Turns a Skywalker (Ben) to the Dark Side, so yet another generation of Skywalkers is tainted. (Anakin, Luke, Ben, Cade...all)

-Turns Anakin Solo's girl to the Dark Side (since many people loved the Anakin character, this sucks as well).

If you sum it up, he's a real son of a..Hutt.

He is a Sith, dont expect him to do good stuffs ... :p haha ... but yeah they made him to terrible things to the SW universe.

Like him or not, since the "Bring me Jacen Skywalker" utterance in NJO, he has been the focus of the post ROTJ EU. If he dies, who the heck is going to be the focus of the EU now?? No other character has been developed as much over so many books...

I personally am not chuffed by a YJK v2.0 with Ben as focus...does anyone want that :D

Still, Jacen did alot of things that no other force user seemed to be able to do, its unlikely he'll totally drop out of the picture....

I wonder what those LFL licensing people are up to!

mtfbwya

Still, Jacen did alot of things that no other force user seemed to be able to do, its unlikely he'll totally drop out of the picture....

I don't know... In the end, the things he could do were a bit over-the-top if you ask me. Maybe it's better that some of his Force abilities die with him (flow-walking, please go away!).

• 4 weeks later...
Like him or not, since the "Bring me Jacen Skywalker" utterance in NJO, he has been the focus of the post ROTJ EU. If he dies, who the heck is going to be the focus of the EU now?? No other character has been developed as much over so many books...

I personally am not chuffed by a YJK v2.0 with Ben as focus...does anyone want that :D

I wonder what those LFL licensing people are up to!

mtfbwya

I, honestly, would like a YJK 2.0 with Ben. Maybe not exactly like YJK but just Ben and some other Jedi students having some adventures. For some reason these days all the books have to change the course of the entire galaxy instead of just developing new characters, or further developing established characters. I think for the next couple years we need stand alone books, or small trilogies that get us some new characters, since they seemed to be obsessed with killing people off for shock value.

I thought Jaina killed Jacen after fighting for 30 seconds while he warned Terella or something to leave?

Jaina and Jacen fight twice, for what i can tell are quite long battle's, in the first battle Luke masks Jaina's presence with his own, wrong footing Jacen and taking his arm at the elbow in the process, Jaina survives just short of disembowelment. The second fight is as bloody, and with emotions all over the place and Jacens thoughts being with his young daughter, Jaina reluctantly cut's her brother from armpit to heart... and he was dead.

I was disappointed he died, but he didn't go out like a complete bitch :)

• 2 months later...

Jaina and Jacen fight twice, for what i can tell are quite long battle's, in the first battle Luke masks Jaina's presence with his own, wrong footing Jacen and taking his arm at the elbow in the process, Jaina survives just short of disembowelment. The second fight is as bloody, and with emotions all over the place and Jacens thoughts being with his young daughter, Jaina reluctantly cut's her brother from armpit to heart... and he was dead.

I was disappointed he died, but he didn't go out like a complete bitch :)

yep. :)

The next series of books is to be based on Allana, the daughter of Jacen and Tenel Ka, and the adopted daughter of Han and Leia.

Someone above mentioned that the Solo line was ended, not true. Allana changed her name at the end of Invincible to Amelia Solo

Archived