Home

What's new? (version 2.0)

Maxstate

Fellow veterans, newcomers and those in between;

It is my pleasure to share with you some of the new changes we've made to OJP ever since 0.1.0 was released. We felt that 0.1.0 was not complete in a sense that it didn't have all the features we hoped for, nor was it properly balanced.

Balance issues between Jedi and gunners were abundant, some weapons were useless while others overpowered and many combinations of skills and gadgets were being used that would not have been in the the product if more extensive testing was done.

For this there is no one to blame, really. The OJP team in comparison to othersis pretty small and either school-young or job-old and ergo, lacks the time to do all the testing that is needed. Which is also the reason that noone has really started with the pre-agreed mediablitz; any attempts to do so were shot down due to the mod's incompleteness.

However things have changed. Our coders have been pulling every string they know to get the kinks out of the code and add the changes that should've been in there. Our HUD artist just recently finished the new HUD and is looking for a place to host it, the only thing really bothering him being his mandatory civil service. I've been trying to pull off more realistic animation settings and have been tinkering with the 'useless' styles to make them better and used more for strategic purposes instead of aesthetic ones.

It's time to acquaint you a bit with the things we've done so far (already applied to the Euro Server):

Higher jump height:

The corresponding levels of jump allow Jedi and gunners both to jump higher than they could before the modifications.

Bowcaster mechanics:

The bowcaster has been reworked into a single-charge shot firing cannon or a rapid-firing chokepoint weapon and is being used again as more than just a novelty weapon with green shots.

E-11 mechanics:

The e-11 does more HP and DP damage and has a secondary fire with an increased rate of fire, which makes hunting jedi fun again. Both sides can enjoy the new changes, since the HP and DP damage make killing Jedi easier, but it also makes it more dangerous if you get a shot deflected back at you; shields matter again.

No more partial dodging:

The biggest bane of skilled gunners was partial dodging. The ability that allowed you to use your HP as a DP substitute and dodge twice as many times after you ran out of DP for only minor HP damage. It's gone now and makes saberfighting and jedihunting a much more pleasurable experience.

Sentry mechanics:

The sentry unit now requires a set "hack time" to deploy, and requires the user to use the inventory button for a few seconds before it is deployed.

These are just some of the additions we've made. I'd love to continue but I have to get going, I'll try to finish it up at school. Darthdie, Hocks, if you come across this feel free to post some addendums. Your work will not be ignored and neither will OJP.

Hockney addendum:

-New saber perks for single staff (Niman) and single dual (Ataru) and Juyo:

These styles were lacking perks making them not only harder to use, but also making players forget that we don't just have these styles for show and animations, but that we have these styles so every defense is breakable, and every offense is defensible.

-A TON of bug fixes:

OJP is almost bug free again due to the hard work on this subject primarily.

-New animations for parries and backblocks:

The Wytchking and Jackbaldy have both been working on some terrific anims that we'll get to drool over ingame.

-Better mishap mechanics and overall accuracy for gunners:

No more running with the bowcaster and shooting Han Solo-accurate without paying a small price in amounts of mishap. Gunners now get to enjoy a more realistic system while Jedi get to use their Force powers more often.

-More accurate deflection for Jedi:

Deflect and manual deflect in general have been reworked in an attempt to improve the general feel of it and make it usable again ingame. With major success if I might add :).

Some changes that we might get, depending on their difficulty to code in:

-Gun reload and clip system.

-Jetpack drains FP to regenerate jet fuel.

-Preblocks for gunshots (overrideable ofcourse in case it gets abused).

Darthdie addendum:

No lightsaber bug fixed.

edit 2: fixed some spelling here and there lol, why didn't noone tell me

dang quite a list. am excited for the new hud, as i really liked what i saw before. well guys looks like i may have some time for OJP again, its thanksgiving break after tomorrow and for the first time all year long i haven't been writhing another research paper for PIG. hope to see you guys online over the break.

We're still debating the balance of a few of these things, but theres even more to come thats not on the list, such as:

new saber perks for single staff (Niman) and single dual (Ataru) and juyo

a TON of bug fixes

new animations for parries and backblocks

better mishap machanics and overall accuracy for gunners

more accurate deflection for jedis.

Theres still a few bugs we'd like to get ironed out before the next release though, especially the HORRIFYING new seeker bug in the new code that prevents force power from being used around it. Unfortunately its linked to the seeker sentry hack code so that feature has been removed on my server for the time being until its fixed. Those of you have that the new code (from darth die or some of it from Jacks dlls in order to play at my server with no glitches) please put a seeker restriction on your servers since it so badly throws off true balance.

Quite a list. Looking forwards to trying it all out and um *coughs* demo-recording *coughs*

The last stable/smooth versions of OJP I remember playing, in my opinion, were 0.009t and 0.009u. If it can get back to those levels its aaaaaaalll good !! :)

Good Job to all involved !!

Theres still a few bugs we'd like to get ironed out before the next release though, especially the HORRIFYING new seeker bug in the new code that prevents force power from being used around it. Unfortunately its linked to the seeker sentry hack code so that feature has been removed on my server for the time being until its fixed. Those of you have that the new code (from darth die or some of it from Jacks dlls in order to play at my server with no glitches) please put a seeker restriction on your servers since it so badly throws off true balance.

Should be fixed now ;D.

Jetpack drains FP to regenerate jet fuel.

Thats already been added, do we want it so you can regen force while its draining force to regen fuel?

Archived