Home

Games for 2008

elTee

So what are we all playing this Christmas, and next year? These are games I have, or will be getting:

-Team Fortress 2 (and any HL1-based multiplayer game)

-Worms Armageddon

-UT 2004

-UT 3

I see Thrik and Metallus in TF2 quite often, it's fun. So?

Oh man! This is so exciting!

Worms is a given. To be honest, I'm surprised at our collective resolve - I thought we'd have broken down and started playing it again months ago. Not long to wait now, though!

As for the Christmas selection, it would be rude not to play Quake, especially as the suggestion received such a rapturous reception at the #mokee reunion! Well, Murray said he'd play at least. I need to give TF2 a go too...

I wasn't going to bother with UT3 - looks like more of the same to me, and not that many of us ever got into UT2004. The original UT with Monster Hunt might have to suffice!

Yeah, I have to admit that the UT3 demo entirely unenthused me. It just seemed to lack much soul, and is literally more of the same with better graphics; I can't see it being any less or more fun than UT if you're with people you know.

If you're by yourself it's cack and you just get wankered by these guys who've spent years perfecting their mastery of the UT craft. I do like to get good at games and the process of becoming better is something I normally enjoy, but this is so fast you literally can't keep up and it's just no fun at all when you get completely battered every time you encounter someone.

I have much more fun with something like TF2, but Worms remains my most anticipated. ;

Just had a go at TF2. I definitely approve - it'll make a good placeholder until the Worms embargo is lifted!!!

Looking through a few threads on these forums - a faintly sad journey through our annual Quake matches and not much else in between, by the way! - I was reminded of another classic. And yes, I'm glad to report that iSketch still exists. Brilliant news, I'm sure you'll agree.

Whether it's still frequented by dodgy people constantly trying to chat you up remains to be seen. Wish me luck!

Yeah, I have to admit that the UT3 demo entirely unenthused me. It just seemed to lack much soul, and is literally more of the same with better graphics; I can't see it being any less or more fun than UT if you're with people you know.

Halo 3 anyone?

Why is everyone talking about worms... worms armageddon cam out in 1999.. what am I missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived