Home

Remnant Rocket train - Beta

gweedodung

Remnant Rocket train - Beta

I used a gamestart.cfg file from a previous copy of my map as a template for the next one. But It seems to have caused a problem. You can’t do this. Can I reset or make a new gamestart.cfg file? Even the titled game doesn’t load from the menu now.

Where can I post my map? What site will host? I have a copy that works as a mod but has no credits and doesn’t end.

If someone can figure this out they can take credit for my Map. I am including the map files anyway so people can modify it if they want. I really just want to release it because its been finished for a year.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes, sorry. The first copy of my map is called r5, and the newer copy is called r9. I just changed the details of the gamestart.cfg file from r5 to r9. (Where it mentions the .bsp name) But I think there is internal things in the gamestart file that change also with each map they go with. I will try making a new gamestart.cfg file from scratch.

I can’t find the info again for making a gamestart file for a custom mod. I will look again.

Is it acceptable to post my Beta copy anywhere here or other sites? Just so I don’t lose it when I re-install JO and GTK Radiant and all that. It’s nearly the finished product but just doesn’t have and ending script of credits.

I am willing to post the .map file and everything else I have worked on for a year. I hope people will mod it or make a continuing map. I would like to start a map that just keeps going if anyone’s interested.

I really just want to get this map out so people can try it.

:)

Archived