Home

Scripting Question: Is there a script in K2 linked with the Barab Ore Ingot?

MJ-W4

Apart from the colours said to reflect certain classes, I found a somewhat strange post on a cheats website: http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/blstarwarsknightsoldrepublic2.htm

Hint: Barab Ore Ingot:

To get the Barab Ore Ingot easily you must be on the Light Side. If you choose Jedi Consular, Jedi Sentinel, or Jedi Guardian as a class and choose to be come a Jedi Master, Jedi Weapon Master, or a Jedi Watchman you can still get Barab Ore Ingot. However, do not use two lightsabers. You must have use one lightsaber with a color being the same as your class. Also when you have completed four or five planets. it would be possible that you would get the Barab Ore Ingot between completing three to five planets.

Information in this section was contributed by Renz Teves.

This seems to imply that the game actually checks for class and sabre colour, if I'm right, and that finding the barab ore ingot is a scripted event. I have played K2 lots of times, and have sometimes used blue, yellow, green or red only for the sake of tradition, and the game never showed any difference at all. I found the barab ore only once, and I can't even say where. I have doubts as to the credibility of this 'game hint' I found today.

Can any of the cracks here tell me more, please?

Thanks in advance, MJ

Is the barab ore ingot that one crystal that adds fire damage to your lightsaber?

If so, then the cheat is bogus. Of the 3 times I played K2, I always got a barab ore ingot. I also remember that my first time, I chose a jedi gaurdian class and I distinctly remember never using a blue lightsaber. First it was a green one because that was the only crystal I could find at the time, then I upgraded to purple.

This seems to imply that the game actually checks for class and sabre colour, if I'm right, and that finding the barab ore ingot is a scripted event.

From what I can see in the random loot generation scripts there are no special exceptions for any crystal depending on the player's equipped items, class or alignment. It just goes by a random value modified by the player's character level, making new loot available as the player levels up while maker lower level loot unavailable.

• 4 weeks later...
From what I can see in the random loot generation scripts there are no special exceptions for any crystal depending on the player's equipped items, class or alignment. It just goes by a random value modified by the player's character level, making new loot available as the player levels up while maker lower level loot unavailable.

I hate that stupid random thing. Today I got two Solari crystals. You know the one that Shaela Nurr was given by her master. There is supposed to be only one. It kind of ruins it.

Archived