• The same rights as heterosexuals
    • The same rights, except for adoption
    • The same rights, except for mariage and adoption
    • They should get the same rights, once they are "cured"
    • other

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't think they should be allowed to adopt.

It would be damaging to the kids.

They would get bullied for having gay parents and would probably get called gay themselves...

Most kids in need of adoption is never adopted. Do you think it is better for them to live in an orphanage where the conditions are not excactly great, than to live with two same sex parrents who love them?

I'm no homo-hater bur I just don't think they should be allowed to adopt.

They would get bullied for having gay parents and would probably get called gay themselves...

So you think that because people are homophobic, homosexuals should be denied rights? That simply perpetuates homophobia.

I mean no offense in what i'm about to say.

Homosexuals don't really know what's good for them. they may think they are happy marrying someoenof the same gender and such, but they really aren't. it's a chemical imbalance. they deserve the same rights as us, but they need to be cured whether they like it or not. they WILL be happier once they are cured. adoption if they are married can be damaging to the child. the child could be laughed at and made fun of becasue his/hers parents are gay/lesbian/bi. it's not natural. homosexualaility is nto meant to be. if it becoems too common, it could damage the population growth rate of the world, becasue as everyone knows, two guys can't make a baby and neither can two girls. but then there's science designed to let them do that... doesn't that seem a little um... wrong?

Everyoen else is entitled to their own opinions. i hope i have not offended anyone, as i was only stating my opinion on this delecate subject.

Let homosexuals be homosexual, there is not much anyone can do to get them to be normal - that's just the way they are. Marriage and Adoption is something diffrent though. I think the reason why they shouldn't adopt children is pretty clear.

And marriage has always been something between a man and a woman. Just because nowadays people start to turn homosexual is no reason to change that. Marriage is the sign of a family in making - homosexuals do not create families.

Homosexuals don't really know what's good for them.

But you do? Evidence please.

they may think they are happy marrying someoenof the same gender and such, but they really aren't.

Then how about the couples who say they are happy? Are they lying or delusional? Please say why they aren't happy

it's a chemical imbalance

I'm not sure what you are geting at, care to elaborate?

they deserve the same rights as us

Cheers:)

but they need to be cured whether they like it or not

I don't believe homosexuals can be changed, but even if they could, why?

They if don't harm anyone by being what they are, why should they be forcefully changed?

they WILL be happier once they are cured

I would question how you know they are going to be happier, but first I want to see some undisputable proof of homosexuals being "cured"

adoption if they are married can be damaging to the child. the child could be laughed at and made fun of becasue his/hers parents are gay/lesbian/bi.

I have yet to see anything sugesting it will be worse for a child to have homosexual parrents, though I'm not denying it is possible. As for the teasing/bullying, I'm with Alkonium, the existence of homophobia dosen't justify discrimination. But even if homosexuals are worse parrents and the child will be teased/bullyed, think of the alternative. If, however you have something that shows orphanages as better at raising children than two loving same sex parrents, I'll change my positon.

it's not natural. homosexualaility is nto meant to be

Why? Countless animals are gay, and bonobos seem to benefit from being bisexual.

if it becoems too common, it could damage the population growth rate of the world, becasue as everyone knows, two guys can't make a baby and neither can two girls.

With a world population of more than 6000 000 000 people and still increasing, I don't think homosexuality is a threat.

but then there's science designed to let them do that... doesn't that seem a little um... wrong?

So far, no need for it, and no, I don't think it's wrong if it gets done.

Everyoen else is entitled to their own opinions. i hope i have not offended anyone, as i was only stating my opinion on this delecate subject.

Every oppinion count, no need to worry about offending anyone.

edit: Eiganjo: Do you really think homosexuallity hasn't existed before? It being a crime might have made people hide it. And regarding marriage, by legalizing same sex marriage you only make it legal for chuches to marry homosexuals, you aren't forcing anyone

What business is anyone sexual orientation to anyone else unless you are interested in them? Humans have rights, heterosexuals and homosexuals are both humans right? In the U.S., our most famous document that expresses our core beliefs starts with “All men are created equal.” The Declaration of Independence does not state all men are created equal unless they are hot for the man next door.

As to marriage and adoption it should be judged just they same as anyone else. There are allot of heterosexuals that should not be allowed to adopt and I am sure the same can be said for homosexuals too. Should it be a factor? Yes, but the same factor as wanting to place a child with an African American family, Hispanic family… if the child is of that race. It should not be the deciding factor.

Marriage is the one I have been against for the most part, but even that is asinine. I always thought cost to companies providing benefits to dependent same sex partners would bankrupt the companies. This is not true because while male/male couples would be more expensive (as male are higher for insurance), female/female couples would save the companies money. I also believe most of these arguments are BS, in that we hear how increasing the minimum wage will bankrupt the country and McDonalds every time they do it, but I have yet to see that happen. I say leave the question of marriage where it belongs in the hands of the individual states.

So we should not allow fat people to adopt, ugly people to adopt, stupid people to adopt, nerds to adopt…? Kids are bullied for many reasons and we should teach our children not to bully instead of punishing the victims.

What about the 'moderates'? The atheistic objection to gay marriage (it upsets culture, there is no real reason to have it, etc.)? Things aren't really that black and white (for both sides).

I personally think there are better issues to worry about rather than homosexuals. But if pressed, I would state that I think homosexuality is immoral and will not be homosexual myself. However, if other people think homosexuality is moral, they should do it. Simple.

I'd prefer banning marriage for everyone however, as marriage is a religious rite, and the State should not care about it.

So you think that because people are homophobic, homosexuals should be denied rights?

Why not? Homophobic votes are just as valid as non-homophobic votes. If you are going to disenfrashcie a voting bloc just because you disagree with them, that could very well lead to an end to democracy, as people could just declare votes that disagree with them as 'non-valid'.

Courts could end up deciding the rules, not the people. Which is fine, if that is what you intend. And I like the courts just as much as I like the people. Just be warned that if the courts end up running the state, then who appoints the judges will end up controlling the future of our nation, and may very well reverse those trends of previous judges.

I think that homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. That being said, I don't think marraige itself falls within the sphere of government regulation; it's a purely religious affair. I think all marraiges should be "civil unions" in the eyes of the law, and marraige should be left to the inividual and his/her religion. Furthermore, I think civil unions should be available to any group of people who want to merge their assets, whether it's a married couple, an entire extended family, or even a commune. All these should only be entered into voluntarily, of course, and should be able to be voluntarily left.

I'm no homo-hater bur I just don't think they should be allowed to adopt.

I had glasses, I got bulled. I was white, I got bullied. I was smaller, I got bullied. I was male, I got bullied. I was nerdy, I got bullied. I was smart, I got bullied. Sometimes, I just got bullied 'cause the bullies were bored. You wanna protect kids from that FIRST? Or do you only care about proitecting kids when their parents are different?

That's what's so stupid about that argument, people who say that stuff only care about homosexual parents. Kids get bullied for everything under the sun, fix that first then you can talk about homosexual parents. The problem is bullies not parents.

I mean no offense in what i'm about to say.

Homosexuals don't really know what's good for them. they may think they are happy marrying someoenof the same gender and such, but they really aren't. it's a chemical imbalance. they deserve the same rights as us, but they need to be cured whether they like it or not. they WILL be happier once they are cured. adoption if they are married can be damaging to the child. the child could be laughed at and made fun of becasue his/hers parents are gay/lesbian/bi. it's not natural. homosexualaility is nto meant to be. if it becoems too common, it could damage the population growth rate of the world, becasue as everyone knows, two guys can't make a baby and neither can two girls. but then there's science designed to let them do that... doesn't that seem a little um... wrong?

Welcome to the world of bigotry. Who are you to judge what's good for people? You're breaking you're own religious rules by playing god and saying that they need to be "fixed" against their own will. God made them, who are YOU to question Him? Who gave YOU the right to question God's plan?

I said i meant no offense Web Rider.

I guess you are right though. they're people too and they should have the same rights as us. Still... It's just creepy. I was wathcing tV the other day, flippign channels, when i saw soem show ith a bunch of gay guys, wearing makeup ad wearing dresses and acting like girls. it was the most horrific thing i had ever seen, and after watchign for half a minute to make sure it wasn't soem comedy or soemthing and they were really gay, i changed the channel, hoping i'd forget what i'd just seen. is is really a good thing for them to be like that? i just seems go agiasnt nature...

I think exactly the same rights as heterosexuals. I can understand some of the arguments against, for example, adoption, but i don't think any of them carry enough weight to basically discriminate against someone for something that is, in the end, in one's nature, and it's hardly a disease or anything debilitating...

I guess you are right though. they're people too and they should have the same rights as us. Still... It's just creepy. I was wathcing tV the other day, flippign channels, when i saw soem show ith a bunch of gay guys, wearing makeup ad wearing dresses and acting like girls. it was the most horrific thing i had ever seen, and after watchign for half a minute to make sure it wasn't soem comedy or soemthing and they were really gay, i changed the channel, hoping i'd forget what i'd just seen. is is really a good thing for them to be like that? i just seems go agiasnt nature...

Right, because that's representative of all gay men, everywhere.

Sorry to double post but... edit: wait, nevermind, RogueNine saved me :xp:

How about, instead of saying 'no offence,' you actually make an effotr to avoid causing in the first place eh? 'Homosexuals don't know what's good for them'? 'Most horrific think i've ever seen'? Good grief...

How else can i exppress my opinion of how wrogn homosexuality seems? you're tellign me to stop stating my opinion that i am entitled to state in a thread that was meant to debate this topic. i'm hardly suprised offense has already been taken by people when debatign such a delecate topic

but anyways. sorry if i've been a little too blunt

they were hardly the representation of all gay men. But without having known what it was you saw, I can't really comment further.

you're tellign me to stop stating my opinion that i am entitled to state in a thread that was meant to debate this topic.

To my knowledge, no one has told you to stop stating your opinion. Web Rider and mur'phon have asked you to clarify your stance, though. It would be good to address their queries.

it was the most horrific thing i had ever seen

... You mean to tell me in a world where people have their limbs cut off, people get raped repeatedly, sodomized brutally with foreign objects, and large amounts of mass murder all because they hold certain ideals others don't share, that this is the most horrific thing you've ever seen? :eyeraise:

Watch someone get disemboweled or shot in the face with a shotgun, infront of you, and tell me that some guy kissing/****ing another guy or some girl rubbing on another girl is a huge moral issue.

I think some people need to grow up a little and take a look at the bigger picture. This ain't gradeschool, no one's "icky" because of who they like. (cept pedo's, but that's a different issue entirely)

Archived