• The same rights as heterosexuals
    • The same rights, except for adoption
    • The same rights, except for mariage and adoption
    • They should get the same rights, once they are "cured"
    • other

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about, instead of saying 'no offence,' you actually make an effotr to avoid causing in the first place eh? 'Homosexuals don't know what's good for them'? 'Most horrific think i've ever seen'? Good grief...

So.. he's not allowed to speak his mind because someone might get offended?

In that case, maybe the gays should be kept under the social carpet, after all they might offend someone.

I don't believe people should really go out of their way not to cause offense. if it's not necessary to cause offense while making a point, sure, do it. But if your opinion is offensive and you know it, you shouldn't have to hold your tongue.

And Arcesious you didn't offend me, I was just taking the same perspective you did, a religious one. You're own religious rules say not to judge people and that people have the free will to choose their own life and God will bring down the judgement and such, not you. Which is why I was curious as to why you felt it was your place to "fix" something God made, after you so heartily defended "God's plan" in another thread.

While I don't like how prevalent homosexuality has become, I don't think it's right to be mean. To anyone. For any reason.

I don't like homosexuality, but makin' laws and banging gays over the head isn't the way to get them to change. Prohibition, anyone? We ought to love everyone, no matter who they are. But that doesn't mean we have to like what they are, and it doesn't mean we can't try, in a loving manner, to get them to change.

Who could get you to change your preferences, and *how*? Electric shocks?

Rayston, it's a good thing we live so far apart, otherwise you'd be getting shocked every five seconds. ;3~~

actually all they need is some special medicen to fix the chemical imbalance in their heads that makes them like people of the same gender. that and maybe a little phycotherapy...

What, pray tell, is this miracle drug? And why haven't more people heard of it? And where is your proof that it is a 'chemical imbalance' that makes them gay?

Welcome to the world of bigotry. Who are you to judge what's good for people? You're breaking you're own religious rules by playing god and saying that they need to be "fixed" against their own will. God made them, who are YOU to question Him? Who gave YOU the right to question God's plan?

Every Christian that I know has questioned God because they are not sure how things are going to play out in their lives. Abraham in the Bible questioned God about finding the Promise Land and what not. I question God sometimes. And he always shows me what I need to after I ask.

Man was made for woman, women were made for men, not men made for men, or women made for women. In my opinion there are no ifs, ands, or buts.

I personally think that homosexuality is 100% immoral and wrong. We, as humans, are not made to desire the oppisite sex.

Information source: THE BIBLE

Man was made for woman, women were made for men, not men made for men, or women made for women. In my opinion there are no ifs, ands, or buts.

I personally think that homosexuality is 100% immoral and wrong. We, as humans, are not made to desire the oppisite sex.

your source also states that God created each and every human. Therefore, trying to "fix" homosexuals, is counter to God's will, who purposely made them gay.

Rogue Nine. the drugs to fix the chemical do exist, i don't know aht they're called but they exist if you look around a bit. medical studies prove homosexuality is a chemical imbalance.

i agree entirely with Rev7.

proof plz.

No, God didn't make them gay. This amy soudn liek superstition to you, but it is Satan's work. ever read the book of Job? you'll see what i mean by saying 'It's satan's work'

Edit: in response to Web Rider: Google it. you'll fidn tons of medical stuff sayign it's a chemical imbalance that can be treated with certain drugs.

You are entitled to your opinion, but according to the same Bible it is not for us to judge.

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment that you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.[/Quote]

Rogue Nine. the drugs to fix the chemical do exist, i don't know aht they're called but they exist if you look around a bit. medical studies prove homosexuality is a chemical imbalance.

Why should I have to go and look up sources that prove your viewpoint? If you're going to argue against homosexuality based on scientific evidence, the onus is upon you to produce sources consistent with your beliefs.

Here is the American Psychological Association's official stance on homosexuality (and sexuality in general): link

Mimartin: You are twisting the words of the bible Mimartin. the bible wasn't intended to express it's poitn that way in this subject.

Web Rider: In my Christinity thread, i have thouroughly explained why God made satan.

Rogue Nine: That source only proved what i said after i read it...

It's not my place to tell them what they can and can't do. I don't approve of it, but it's not my right to tell them what they can and can't do. Pursuit of Happiness and all that. I don't like it, but that's America.

On the other side of the fish, I don't think homosexuals should be allowed to adopt. For a few reasons. One: Homosexuals seem to be more predisposed to pedophilia than heterosexuals. Not really a big rock for me to make my stand on, admittedly. But it's something.

Two: Homosexuals don't provide a normal growth environment by any standard. Aside from the fairly minor issues of them getting teased for having gay parents, there's the far more serious issues of the lack of any serious presence of one of the sexes. I don't feel that a singular presence of one sex provides an ideal or even acceptable environment for development into a normal human being. Sexism isn't an unlikely outcome, not to mention a seriously screwed up outlook. Think about it. Mothers tend to be the more nurturing ones, fathers the disciplinarians. It's not hard to see how that could go badly.

Arcesious, homosexuality is rooted a lot deeper than just a chemical imbalance. There's a choice in there. They aren't homosexuals because they have a chemical imbalance, we're talking crossed wires in the brain. Actually, it probably goes a lot deeper than that, but the point is chugging down chemicals isn't going to change your sexuality.

Also, could you please use spell check?

Web Rider: In my Christinity thread, i have thouroughly explained why God made satan.

that's not the point. God created EVERYTHING, according to you, and whatever he didn't directly make, he setup the foundation for it to come into existance. Such as the governing laws of the universe, according to you.

Therefore, whatever Satan does, is a direct result of what God did. Without God, there would be no Satan, without Satan, no Homosexuality. Therefore, the creation of homosexuality is God's doing. And since God has a plan for everything, homosexuals are part of that plan. And therefore are under His jurisdiction, not yours.

I've taken lots of drugs, but never any that change how I react sexually. Nor in any medical book have I found such a drug that will cause this. There is no "cure" for being gay other than finding a special somebody that gets your trousers all riled up, and they happen to be the opposite sex.

Sometimes it happens, but pills making a guy stop wanting to slap meat with another guy, or a girl stop rubbing ends with another girl, doesn't happen.

On the other side of the fish, I don't think homosexuals should be allowed to adopt. For a few reasons. One: Homosexuals seem to be more predisposed to pedophilia than heterosexuals. Not really a big rock for me to make my stand on, admittedly. But it's something.

proof?

Two: Homosexuals don't provide a normal growth environment by any standard. Aside from the fairly minor issues of them getting teased for having gay parents, there's the far more serious issues of the lack of any serious presence of one of the sexes. I don't feel that a singular presence of one sex provides an ideal or even acceptable environment for development into a normal human being. Sexism isn't an unlikely outcome, not to mention a seriously screwed up outlook. Think about it. Mothers tend to be the more nurturing ones, fathers the disciplinarians. It's not hard to see how that could go badly.

most gay partnerships have a more feminine and masculine member. In addition, not all male-female relationships have the masculine rule-maker as the father and the kind-caregiver as the mother. many modern working families do a bit of both, and some are completly flipped. Are those wrong too?

Arcesious, homosexuality is rooted a lot deeper than just a chemical imbalance. There's a choice in there. They aren't homosexuals because they have a chemical imbalance, we're talking crossed wires in the brain. Actually, it probably goes a lot deeper than that, but the point is chugging down chemicals isn't going to change your sexuality.

Also, could you please use spell check?

I think he meant a natural chemical imbalance, like depression or bi-polar.

Web rider: Obviously there are reasons god created satan beyond wha ti currently understand. still.... this thread is ridiculous.

ohhh, I get it, when people don't agree with you and challenge your ideas and preconceived notions, it's "ridiculous". Glad to see you're just as open minded as you claimed.

Web Rider, Humans have free will. 'nuff said.

If homosexuality is a choice, then yes, this applies.

Mimartin: You are twisting the words of the bible Mimartin. the bible wasn't intended to express it's poitn that way in this subject.

And who made you final arbiter of how the Bible is to be interpreted?

Rogue Nine: That source only proved what i said after i read it...

Really?

Can Therapy Change Sexual Orientation?

No. Even though most homosexuals live successful, happy lives, some homosexual or bisexual people may seek to change their sexual orientation through therapy, sometimes pressured by the influence of family members or religious groups to try and do so. The reality is that homosexuality is not an illness. It does not require treatment and is not changeable.

What About So-Called "Conversion Therapies"?

Some therapists who undertake so-called conversion therapy report that they have been able to change their clients' sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Close scrutiny of these reports however show several factors that cast doubt on their claims. For example, many of the claims come from organizations with an ideological perspective which condemns homosexuality. Furthermore, their claims are poorly documented. For example, treatment outcome is not followed and reported overtime as would be the standard to test the validity of any mental health intervention.

I need to get firefox then...

rogue nine- i never said there's a definite cure for it, but there are drugs that help. did you see part were it says it's a hormonal imbalance? hormones are chemicals. jeesh...

The bible says itself how it is to be interpreted. obviously people who don't believe it often interpret it wrong.

web rider: i edited my post that made you think i wasn't open minded. i've said like a gazillion tiems already all over kavars things such as "I see your point". I think that's being open minded.

Archived