what rights should homosexuals have  

53 members have voted

1. 1. what rights should homosexuals have

• The same rights as heterosexuals
    • The same rights, except for adoption
    • The same rights, except for mariage and adoption
    • They should get the same rights, once they are "cured"
    • other

The diffrence is Lesbians are women that are focused on women, and thats the diffrence. They either don't like, or care about men, unlike a heterosexual womn would do, and hence has way less experience.[/Quote] And white men can’t dance or jump. Love those stereotypes, so ground into our collective way of thinking, yet so untrue. First off how do you think a woman that was married to an abusive alcoholic husband that left her after nine years of marriage the moment she gave birth to a new born is going to feel about men? Let’s just say even heterosexual women can hate men.

Second not all feminist hate men or are lesbians. That is a stereotype plain and simple. Don’t you think these woman had brothers, fathers, grandfathers, uncles, friend and coworkers that were males in their life.

And it is well known fact, that boys with only one parent are more common to be convicted of a crime, and most of the teen pregnancy cases are of girls with a single parent. So yes, I am saying that a single parent has not everything that is neccesary to raise a child properly. And of course there is exceptions again, don't start me on that, but it doesn't change the fact.[/Quote]That is all going to depend on the parent isn’t it?

That is like saying most of these kids that shoot up schools had two parents, so children that have two parents are more likely to shoot up school. That would be an incorrect statement just as saying one parent kids are more common to be convicted of crime. Both have more to do with the parent/parents and how they are raising the child then the fact that there are one or two parents.

One parent households are more difficult to raise a child in balancing the needs of the child with economic considerations can be difficult, but not impossible. The fact that we are talking about homosexual parents make this moot anyways as there are two parents even if they are of the same sex.

Do you think you would be better of, if your mother would be replaced by a second gay father, or the other way around? [/Quote]Better than what? Better than being with both bioglocial parents that are good people and love the child? Then my answer is no. Better than being in a house with alcoholic abusive straight parents or going to a loving caring homosexual household, then I would be say the child was better off in the homosexual household. I fail to see what sexual orientation has to do with this if we are talking about people that will love and put the child’s needs ahead of their own.

Why is it of advantage to not have the possibility to have a parent of each gender?[/Quote] Children are removed from halfway houses, orphanages and abusive household and given loving caring homes. What other advantage do you need?

Frankly, I did not even consider before, that anybody would not think of a father and a mother as ideal for a child...[/Quote] Never said it wasn’t, no one is saying we should take children away from their parents in the middle of the night and give them to a homosexual couple. We are talking about adoption. These children have already lost their parents for whatever reason and are looking for replacements. Are you saying it is not best to put them in to a household that wants them and that will love them than leaving them in an institution such as an orphanage?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and all having two guys talk about ana* ***...I hope they do not try to adopt a child, I'm sorry, but that is just too much.
Out of curiosity, when you are around your parents do they often engage in conversation about the way that they copulated the night before? Or how they intend to throw down later that evening? Mine certainly don't. In fact, most of my knowledge involving members of the opposite gender, sex, etc. was learned socially. My father never sat me down and told me how to pick up girls, he never taught me anything about cars (I can change a tire and fill it up with gas...), he just taught me how to be a good person, gave me a few general social skills, and supported me in the things that I do.

Answering your question, no I wouldn't have wanted one of my parents exchanged for a member of the opposite gender, but that's only because I love the parents that I have right now, and wouldn't want either of them changed at all. But were one of them to pass away and the other to have a change in sexual orientation, I would not be against it, and certainly am not so closed minded as to lose any respect for someone who has done so much for me.

It is not a bad way to phrase a question. I know I would not accept a second father, if that in any way would happen to me. Actually I think I would not only not accept the second, but loose all my respect for my actual one.

Yes it is. Those that have two parents that are still together are more likely to say that they would not accept one to be changed. My parents divorced when I was a child. My mother raised me for a long time. Had she gained a new partner that was a woman, It really wouldn't have affected me. In fact for a while, her best friend stayed with us for a long time. During that time I learned how to pitch a baseball, got my speed up to 89 MPH with my mother's friend's help. I learned how to rebuild an engine from the ground up.

And yeah, I guess that's how I was raised. I had never even met a gay person until I moved to the US, and I know some people may have a problem with me saying that, but it grosses me out. I actually already changed my mind into accepting gay people as they are, even though I still try to stay away from them. And seriously, cross-dressing guys and all having two guys talk about ana* ***...I hope they do not try to adopt a child, I'm sorry, but that is just too much.

That certainly is your perogative to be grossed out. However I bet you met one, and didn't know it. Heck you probably see them more often than you think. In the adult industry most of the men are gay, even though they portray heterosexual activities. Most cross dressers aren't gay. let me repeat that MOST CROSS DRESSERS ARE NOT GAY! Many straight men just enjoy wearing women's clothes. For the most part gay men enjoy wearing nice MEN'S APPAREL. Why you ask? Gay men are attracted to MEN, not women.

Oh and quite frankly, if my parents had talked about what they did with eachother the night before.... EWWWWWWWW. I don't talk about what I did to my wife the night before. I will say this, Did you ever stop to think where your mother's lips were before she kissed your forehead?

Most cross dressers aren't gay. let me repeat that MOST CROSS DRESSERS ARE NOT GAY! Many straight men just enjoy wearing women's clothes.

It's also one of those annoying double standards. Save for men who go all-out to look like a woman, there's no taboo against women wearing mens clothes, so the idea that men couldn't wear a skirt or a dress, which are really the only female clothes uniquely different from men, is silly. The Scots do it with kilts, and they're some of the manliest men you'll ever meet.

Aside from the view you might get on a drafty day of a man in a skirt, that comes down to another double standard. If men kept themselves less hairy below the belt, I'm sure nobody would really care.

It's also one of those annoying double standards. Save for men who go all-out to look like a woman, there's no taboo against women wearing mens clothes, so the idea that men couldn't wear a skirt or a dress, which are really the only female clothes uniquely different from men, is silly. The Scots do it with kilts, and they're some of the manliest men you'll ever meet.

Wellllll Female impersonators are about 60/40 gay and straight men. One guy I know met his wife while he was a female impersonator.... She was a lesbian(snicker). Trans-sexuals are a different matter altogether. They are people that truly feel that internally they are the opposite sex. There is even neurological activity that appears to back this up.

And I'm Scottish(well I have a Scottish background). Go to the Highlander games and tell them its a skirt. Then tell me how far they threw you.

I will say this, Did you ever stop to think where your mother's lips were before she kissed your forehead?

Darn that is EPIC!!! 0.o And put it this way, I am usually not easily grossed out.

Now Back ot Topic. Thing is, while I am annoyed by some (not all) male-in-female-clothing, it is really no worse than some fugly-female-in-over-sexy-outfit. So before you get grossed out by some hairy man with that big mustache dangingling out of that pink miniskirt, think about your local horror of a female ancient that runs around with overly-tight skimpy tiny outfit(if you can even call those clothes/outfit) that disappears from its own bodymass... Paperbag job requested...

On the other hand, there are guys that would look better than many females in girly outfit, and vice versa. Bad fashion is just that. And having bad fashion and such do not really mean they are bad parents. Well, except for teaching their kids make up and such, but that is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

My point, yes sometimes some people act weirdly and might annoy you, but people like that are actually all around you to start with. You are just desensatized by some of them, and some... not yet. But as long as they don't bump into your business, its all fine. One group is really no worse than the other.

PS: It might actually be fun saying "Cute Skirt!" to the good old scotsman in their highlander games. I mean, I am actually calling my hakama the "little black dress" Hack, my sister actually borrow one of those for her dinner party. :)

most gay men don't were dresses or anything else of a woman's attire though there have been cases were STRAIGHT men have been known to were dresses.

As far as kids being bullied, kids will be bullied if there parent are poor,rich,gay or even dead.kids have always been bullied and will most likely stay that way.

as far as getting married goes i have no intention of getting married anytime soon but is i so chose i would like the option to be opened.

I have a question about the bible.Who wrote THE BIBLE? and now i will answer my question MAN.

on another note. WE DO NOT NEED OR WANT A CURE.

a cure would not makes us feel better but it would make other people who view us a freaks feel better .

Welcome to the forum. ~snipped~

But just note that, we are not talking about the bible or other religious books in this thread, nor are we going to talk about any so-called cure for homosexuals.

Actually, a possible 'cure' is a fair game topic in this thread. --Jae

We are more concerned with the affacts on the adopted kids and the like.

Well, I personally know a couple of homosexual people and they are friendly and even funny. I think just because they are attracted to the same sex doesn't make them less of a human being, so they should have the same rights as any person. On the adoption thing: I think ( and no I'm not gay ) that a homosexual couple would do a good job raising a child ( teaching them tolerance and respect for other people's beliefs)

At the end of the day, they are as human as we are

Personally, I think that's a REALLY bad idea.

That depends on how it's handled by the individual poster and how they discuss it--e.g. the success/failure rates of alleged cure attempts for instance. I'm not particularly interested in discussing it, but I'm not going to make it off limits, either.

Actually, a possible 'cure' is a fair game topic in this thread. --Jae
Personally, I think that's a REALLY bad idea.
While I would tend to agree with you Web Rider it was made a choices in the poll.

WE DO NOT NEED OR WANT A CURE.

a cure would not makes us feel better but it would make other people who view us a freaks feel better .

I’d agree with fawlks sentiment here. I would not want a cure from being heterosexual. I would not want a cure from being a Christian. I would not want a cure from being male… Why would someone want a cure from being who they are if they are happy with who they are? The only thing a cure for homosexuality would do is make heterosexuals happy.

I am not arguing that a cure is possible. I am saying there is nothing to cure. Even if you believe there is, would you force a cure on someone that did not want it? If so, would it be all right for them to force a cure on what they considered freakish about you?

The only thing a cure for homosexuality would do is make heterosexuals happy.

a minor nit pick

Some homosexuals have expressed a desire to be "normal" so they could "fit in." It is more common than you think. Generally though it is because of outside pressures. Parents, schools, peers all convincing them that they are not normal. I had a friend who was nearly driven to suicide by his desire to be "normal." Fortunately we found a support group that taught him to accept himself.

a minor nit pick

Some homosexuals have expressed a desire to be "normal" so they could "fit in." It is more common than you think. Generally though it is because of outside pressures. Parents, schools, peers all convincing them that they are not normal. I had a friend who was nearly driven to suicide by his desire to be "normal." Fortunately we found a support group that taught him to accept himself.[/QUOTe]

A minor nit pick, if you would look at the line above the one you quoted for me you would not have been quoting me out of context. Yes, I agree with you. I just found out a friend from high school was a homosexual. Never knew it until two weeks ago. He was married and had a child and now he is dead because of what other expected him to be.

Well, if someone needs to find a "cure" for what they are so that they can "fit in" it means that the society as a whole is still having some serious problem.

I know this sounds weird, but seriously better things should be done on the whole acceptance/tolerance level rather than providing so-called "cure" for being homo, christian/muslim/atheist/etc, black/white/etc, hutts...

A sig I used for many years in another forum was: "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." (The fact that this came from Michael Jackson was not ironic, but intentional.)

People spend sooo much time and effort trying to make the world better by changing others when, IMO, they should be spending it on the one thing they really can change... themselves.

A sig I used for many years in another forum was: "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change." (The fact that this came from Michael Jackson was not ironic, but intentional.)

People spend sooo much time and effort trying to make the world better by changing others when, IMO, they should be spending it on the one thing they really can change... themselves.

Well, I guess we all should be like MJ... though changing from a little black guy to some pale-looking ... thing from Racoon City is not what I think I should get myself into, plus I actually enjoy grown females, despite my love for toys.

Plus, sometimes its the problem about the whole structure/system rather than the views of a bunch of people that would make a difference.

Some homosexuals have expressed a desire to be "normal" so they could "fit in."
That's only natural. It's akin to growing up in Norway with dark skin - you'll find yourself wishing you had the skin colour of those around you so that you weren't treated as a foreigner. As for actually 'curing' those of the homosexuals who want to have their orientation changed (and vice versa), I don't mind. Really. I mean, come on, there are sex change operations out there. You have the right to have your gender changed, why not your sexual orientation?

Well, I guess we all should be like MJ... though changing from a little black guy to some pale-looking ... thing from Racoon City is not what I think I should get myself into, plus I actually enjoy grown females, despite my love for toys.

Plus, sometimes its the problem about the whole structure/system rather than the views of a bunch of people that would make a difference.

Sorry if I was misconstrued: 'Award-winning' refers to
and the wisdom contained therein. :)

Archived