Home

Science & Christianity- debate over everything

Arcesious

I used QThread for multi-platform Biblical Creation.

#include <qthread.h>
#include "alphaomega.h"
#include "qexistance.h"
#include "qworld.h"
#include "quniverse.h"

class QGod : public QThread {
       protected:
               QExistance existance;
               QWorld     world;
               QUniverse  universe;

public:
               QGod() {
                       existance();
                       world();
                       universe();
               }

virtual void run() {
		while(!END_OF_DAYS) {
			if(DAY != SUNDAY) {
				for(int i = 0; i < POPULATION; i++) {
					if(humans[i].getStatus() == SINNER) {
						smite(humans[i]);
					} else {
						ignorePrayer(humans[i].getPrayer());
					}
				}
			} else {
				rest(24.0);
			}
		}
		// clean up
		~existance();
		~world();
		~universe();
	}
};

I have a QHuman class too but it's still being debugged.

Yeah and you'll never be able to get it out of QA in time for creation. Good thing God isn't a programer. We'd still be waiting for Earth(beta) to be released to the public haha....

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear.... so much happens overnight doesn't it?

but it seems others have helped out. has anyone noticed tthat the post sin this thread are bugged and are gettign mixed up?

I adhere to pure Christianity. My chruch studies the deeper part sof Chrisitnity, havign many, many, bible studies. We go deep. into the greek and hebrew and everything liek that. not so much into science but that's were i and the younger of us in our church come in during bible studies.

Catholicism is in no way chrisitinity. for one, it is much more rediculous. It is a corrupted version of pure christinity, whoever started catholicism obviously didn't read his bible very well. the same for mormonism. those religions based off of chrisianity are rediculous. catholism saying there's purgatory and that god is wrathful to everyone and hates you and that you have to plray to mary and confess your sins to a preist? and indulgences? come on people, that is definitly corrupted. either that, or pure Chrisnity is purified from catholicism. thnaks to Martin Luther, we have a pure bible. Sure i'm not part of the lutheran chrch, but that is one of the founding chruches of most pure christian churches. not non-catholic or morman or protestant of whatever

sorry if i offend anyone saying their religion is plain out incorrect, but that's what i'm here to prove.

can we restart this thread? everythings gettign mixed up and people are misinterpretting me due to the quoting i did. oi... i need some real christian scholars and scientists here right now...

Edit: Prime, you are in no position to post such things and think i will consider it relevent. Your post proves nothing. all it says is i'm wrong, which you can't prove unless you show me evidence. You may have an authoritative lookign picture of Mr.T, but that doesn't change anything really. please, give me proof you're right instead of making potsd like that. this is a debate. and that kind of post is not the way a debate truth is proved for either side.

Catholicism is in no way chrisitinity. for one, it is much more rediculous. It is a corrupted version of pure christinity, whoever started catholicism obviously didn't read his bible very well.
I'd love to hear what "pure Christianity" is. Roman Catholicism = Christianity up until the time of the Reformation, friend. The Catholics were the ones chose which books went into the New Testament so you could say they made the Bible you know and love.

Catholicism is in no way chrisitinity. for one, it is much more ridiculous.[/Quote]Sorry, but the definition of Christianity is a monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teaching of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament. Christianity teaches that Jesus is the Son of God prophesied in the Old Testament and the Gospel is revealed by Jesus in the New Testament. Catholicism falls within that category. Now if you want to change your remarks to say the Protestant’s are correct we could leave the Catholic Church out of that discussion.

Of the different Christian denominations which one is correct? Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Presbyterians….. You said

Other religions. We can debate that too. I say Christianity is right and every other religion is false.
However denominations within the Christian faith have different rules and beliefs, so my question is which one, two, three or ten do you consider right?

Good point. but the catholics didn't actuslly write the REAL bible and it's books did they? they may have made a special catholic bible but they never wrote the books themselves. they pretty much stole their religion off of Christinty in the first place because Chrisitnity itself wasn't fully organized until Martin Luther. The bible at that time was a loose book of a few foudn books written by ancient Christians. Ever heard of the Dead sea scrolls?

Read up. Thouroughly. if you miss an important part you might accidently make a debatign statement that isn't true. So anyone who reads this, read it thouroughly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Sea_Scrolls Those books of the bible weren't found by the catholics... these were found in the late 1940's. The events with martin luther and the catholics happened way, way farther back in time...

EDIT: Mimartin. None of those other denominations are correct in my opinion. i guess i'm not really part of a specific denomination am I? but the closest denomination i am to i guess is Lutheran, but they don't have everything straight either. I only consider the denomination of Christianity right that also applies itself to science and studies the bible itself deeply. although that denomination doesn't really have a specific name.

The spanish inquisistion?

Wikipediaing it...

Hmm... interesting. So they launched a new attempt to reestablish catholicism because of the reformation. but how does that effect this debate?

Edit:

Whoops. i shoudln't have said tha tone sentence that way.

Martin Luther helped organize the bible for reading by others, and he helped begin to reorganize Chrisiantity. but he didn't fully reorganize it. that statement was incorrect on my part and i needed ot correct it.

EDIT: whoops. i acciddentally double posted. i thought i was editng my other post but i accidently made a reply instead. my bad.

You can always go back and copy your double post, delete the latter message, hit 'edit post' on your first post, and paste the copied text into that post. :) --Jae

Mr. Arcesious, you really need to read up thoroughly yourself on the history of Christianity. The first pope was the apostle Peter. Now do you know which religion has popes? That's right Catholicism. That was the first Christian church. And believe me good sir, it was well-organized for 1400 years before Martin Luther ever sought to reform it. The books of the New Testament that became canon were selected by the Bishop of Alexandria in 367 AD.

I'd ask that you please do some research yourself before asking others to do the same.

but didn't you see how i said the catholics didn't write the bible? the catholics are a denomination of christinity, i realize that now after being corrected. but the catholics had corrupted true christinity which was already in the bible, but not truly official. that's when martin luther came in and reorganized stuff to make the real Christian church, at that time caleld lutheran by everyone. the reformation was a reorganization of things. event hough the catholics are still here, there was a new denomination reorganized from off of the catholic church by luther. the books of the bible the pope didn't include to becoem canon are canon now though.

but didn't you see how i said the catholics didn't write the bible? the catholics are a denomination of christinity, i realize that now after being corrected. but the catholics had corrupted true christinity which was already in the bible, but not truly official. that's when martin luther came in and reorganized stuff to make the real Christian church, at that time caleld lutheran by everyone. the reformation was a reorganization of things. event hough the catholics are still here, there was a new denomination reorganized from off of the catholic church by luther. the books of the bible the pope didn't include to becoem canon are canon now though.

No. Do you need a family tree? There was no Bible that defined Christianity, there was no proto-Christianity from which Catholics splintered from. The name "Roman Catholic" was used to denote adherence to Roman authority and to distinguish itself from the Protestantism.

Jesus

|

apostles -- Peter

|

"the Church" (needed no other name)

|

New Testament canonized

|

many popes

|

Martin Luther

/ \

Catholic Protestant

/ \

other Lutheran

Still... the point that God is th eonly current explanation to the universe's creation still stands...

But i guess you are right about the religons and order of them steming off of each other part. It's just that Chrisnitnty and science have been taught to me so thouroughly throughout my life that It seesm to me as the most true belief of all. I'm only folloing what my beliefs tell me here- to try to brign you to belief in Christinity. but i cannot force it on you. that's why this is a debate. oi...i grow tired of debating and it's starting to only make me mad at everyone... sorry other Christian guys but i want to hand this thread over to you fully. i don't think debating is for me. too stressful. the only real reason i really debate here i guess is to pass time waiting for new mods to come since i've got nothing better to do...

this doesn't mean i admit defeat in these debates, it's just that i'm tired of it.

Arsescious, Catholics are just as much of a Christian as a Baptist or a Lutheran or any of the other denominations. I'm not a big fan of Catholic Doctrine, but they're still Christians.

As for the previous discussion before you started your incredibly arrogant and irritating taunting by doing "Bible Coding"...

The Book mentions God placing Adam within the Garden of Eden BEFORE it says that he brought forth birds and beasts and plants. Now, the most logical interpretation, unless you take the position that the writers of the Bible were complete morons who didn't re-read what they wrote, is that it refers to God populating the Garden with plants and animals to make it a proper paradise on Earth. I suspect it lost something in it's repeated translations.

i need some real christian scholars and scientists here right now...
I have a physics degree, so I'll play on the scientist side if you like.

Prime, you are in no position to post such things and think i will consider it relevent.
Actually I am in position to do so, and I agree that my response was most relevant.

Your post proves nothing.
You are right. But then again, it proves just as much as your posts that pull logical leaps and false factual statements out of thin air. My post was just much less wordy.

all it says is i'm wrong, which you can't prove unless you show me evidence.
What evidence do you want to see? Can I pull my "evidence" out of nowhere to?

You may have an authoritative lookign picture of Mr.T
He is quite authoritative looking, isn't he. He does indeed pity the fools.

please, give me proof you're right instead of making potsd like that.
Let me get this straight. I respond to "God is the only answer to the universe’s creation" and "I say Christianity is right and every other religion is false. As simple as that, but I can’t prove it totally" and you ask me for proof? Give me a break.

But since you asked, all you've posted thus far is logical leaps and scientific inaccuracies. If you want to have a debate, fine, but lets at least start from a point past outright falsehoods.

Comments such as these have been made and responded to before, and to be honest I didn't feel like going over them yet again, so I only commented on the two points above. But if there is something in particular you want me to comment on, I will.

this is a debate. and that kind of post is not the way a debate truth is proved for either side.
You're right. Posting things without any supporting evidence doesn't help anything, does it?

Maybe early stages of the Big Bang theory thought that, but recently because of the discoveries that matter can be created from energy, and in fact be created in what appears to be completely empty space from random electromagnetic oscillations, current theory now posits that matter and energy (mostly energy) were all in existence at the time of the Big Bang, and in fact were in existence for all time before the Big Bang.

In fact, the very idea that the Big Bang somehow created mass and energy violates the principle of mass-energy conservation, and I much doubt it's still considered scientifically valid.

So you're saying Einstein's theory of relativity is now rendered void?

Would you care to show proof of the existence of matter/energy prior to the Big Bang? There is absolutely no proof that matter is created from these electromagnetic oscillations, and it begs the question, even if there was proof, of where the energy for these oscillatons comes from.

Maybe, but as a child attending the Catholic Church we did pray though Mary's grace. I always remember the line "Mary full of grace." I went to the Catholic Church for Mass on Saturdays the Church of Christ on Wednesday Nights and the Baptist Church on Sundays (day and night). My mother was worried about my immortal soul. Even though I am a member of the Baptist Church today, I do not agree with any one denomination. For all I know the Catholics, the Church of Christ or any other religion might be correct. I just cannot practice some of them in good conscience, that may condemn my soul to hell, but I have to live with myself now.
Perhaps I could explain it a bit more clearly, then. Mary is considered a saint, and a particularly special one at that since she was Jesus' mother and was without original sin. Like they can do to all saints, catholics pray to Mary in the form of an intercessory prayer. That is, they're not asking Mary to grant something, like grace; they're asking Mary to help them pray to God about or for something. Perhaps a fine distinction, but it is quite real. For example, a little farther on in the Hail Mary prayer which you referenced earlier, it says, "...pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death." It's similar to asking one of your friends to pray for you, except this friend is in heaven.

So I meant no offense by giving that example and apologize if it offended anyone that was not my intention. I just wanted to know which Christian faith is correct from Arcesious.
Not at all, and I do agree that your point still stands.

Jae-- Vacuum energy and the Casimir effect may help you.

nutri_facts.jpg

Look at Prime's post on the other page. it proves nothing. If he's so smart from being an administrator then i'd liek to see him show me some proof.

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/pics/vader_irony.jpg

Other religions. We can debate that too. I say Christianity is right and every other religion is false.

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/pics/broad_brush.jpg

Still... the point that God is th eonly current explanation to the universe's creation still stands...

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/pics/o_logic.jpg

Catholicism is in no way chrisitinity. for one, it is much more ridiculous.

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/pics/pot_kettle.jpg

I don’t want this DISCUSSION to become a flame war, so seriously let’s be civilized. I’ll be civilized, unlike how I was in the past a few months ago.
I say Christianity is right and every other religion is false. As simple as that, but I can’t prove it totally.

Congratulations! You have been one of only a handful of debaters that can keep a hilarious discussion going for days and never get old.

And, for this thread, I present you with this!

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/677906/2/istockphoto_677906_gold_trophy_with_clipping_path.jpg

A solid gold trophy for honorary ignorance, logical leaps, and scientific inaccuracies! I wish I could say only a few get this trophy, but sadly thousands are passed out per day. But, feel glad that you now have one on your shelf.

What a waste of a thread and even a waste of space on the Internet. You attacked all other religions, had zero proof behind anything you said, and cited nothing you threw out for debate. You assume you are right, and everybody else is wrong while you make posts with zero attempt at spelling and very little attempt to research something before making a wild, hurtful claim.

You seem like you are honestly trying to debate, but please... if you are going to continue, research before hand, cite your sources, and please spell check your posts before entering them in for serious discussion. This thread had potential for discussion, but from the start you set yourself up to get flamed and looked down on by putting yourself above everybody else.

Catholicism is in no way chrisitinity. for one, it is much more rediculous. It is a corrupted version of pure christinity, whoever started catholicism obviously didn't read his bible very well. the same for mormonism. those religions based off of chrisianity are rediculous.

Arcesious, I'm assuming your version of Protestantism is likely evangelical if not fundamentalist. You need to be aware of some basic church history, however, before you put down other branches of Christianity.

Catholicism was around long, long before Protestantism, starting very soon after Christ died. For nearly 1500 years, it was the keeper of the faith for millions. You read the Bible? Thank your Catholic forebears for painstakingly copying original Biblical manuscripts for hundreds of years until the printing press was invented in the 1600's. For some monks, this was their only work in life and was their service to God and Christ. Some of the finest universities and hospitals in the world were started and run by the Catholic church. Thank your Catholic forebears for keeping Christianity itself alive for 1500 years, and arguably for the two millenia and then some. Luther didn't nail his 95 theses to the door of Castle Church in Wittenburg until 1517. The first Baptist church was established in the US in 1639. The Methodist church formed in 1729. The Pentecostal revival, which birthed the Assemblies of God and other Pentecostal churches, didn't happen until 1901.

Ask any Catholic if they believe Christ died for their sins to save them, and they'll say yes. As far as I know, that's the basic criteria in the Bible for determining salvation ("Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved"). Just because they don't call it 'getting saved' or 'having a personal relationship with Christ' doesn't mean they don't experience that. I may not agree 100% with different sects of Christianity (I don't adhere to everything the Baptists say, either), but that doesn't mean I'm going to put those sects down as somehow wrong or inferior. There are many, many things that can be learned from all the different branches of Christianity.

Basically, Christianity boils down to a paraphrase of Rabbi Hillel's famous comment. Love God, believe in Christ as savior for our sins, and love our neighbors. The rest is all commentary.

Archived