Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...so I downloaded them all.....

shouldnt say that out loud :p

if you checked your pms(from a few weeks ago), you wouldnt be behind...

OT:

It was a nice enough ep. Of course the speculation now is:

a) will there be a spinoff ?? Jenny Who!

b) will she come back for the finale arc and get killed then instead :D

c) will she somehow make it to saucy Torchwood, and get involved in a passionate lesbian affair...

Im leaning toward b) meself (though fantasising about c)

Im thinking they are going to come up with a new explanation...

I love being right :D

mtfbwya

• 3 weeks later...

After watching last night's episode on YouTube (damn you CBC), I have two theories about that River Song woman:

1) She is Jenny after undergoing a proper regeneration.

2) She is a transitional companion between the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, but has since left the Doctor only to meet him before he met her (something like how the Doctor knew Mel already when she met him for the first time, and Mel knew the Doctor already when he met her for the first time).

@Post above me

I agree with ur second theory. First one is not possible, i mean who goes on a romantic picnic with their daughter? she mentioned a picnic from her lil' diary.

@everyone

That was quite a scary episode IMO. Harry Peacock who was dave freaked me out a lot. Hey who turned out the lights?:D. It was sooo weird with Donna being "saved" muahaha

Maybe it's partly because it was the first thing I watched in my new home theater projection room, but that episode was awesome !!

Steven Moffat wrote this >>IIRC he also wrote 'blink' from last season, which this episode reminded me of quite alot ;)

cant wait for the next ep ;) >>>as for that woman....*very* interesting!! And some cool foreshadowing as to the fate of Donna.... ;)

@Alkonium >>how can you discern exactly she is a 'transitional companion' between this doc and the next?? lolz... For all we know, she could be the woman the 12th doctor gets hitched to before he carks it for the last time :D

mtfbwya

@Alkonium and Astrotoy

Well she recognised his face so big chance he hasnt regenerated at all. Or maybe just cause he sed "I'm a time traveller, I point and laugh at archeologists." and did regenerate...god im neva sure how to spell archeologist.

@Everyone

For people who dont know the following: I think it might be something worth talking about. There is news all over the internet saying John Simm (The Master in S3) will replace David Tennant as the doctor for after S4 (basically he may regenerate at this series finale. Going along with this, there is also loads of news argueing to the news about John Simm, because apparently, in some articles, David says he wont leave at all. Others say he is taking a short break so he can do Hamlet (i think it was hamlet.) What do you think of this?

For people who saw the rest series trailer: I think that Daleks and stars going out for darkness sounds good. I think it suits daleks. oh and with the situation of it, it is so serious he may regen into john simm. :) who knows.

After watching last night's episode on YouTube (damn you CBC), I have two theories about that River Song woman:

1) She is Jenny after undergoing a proper regeneration.

2) She is a transitional companion between the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, but has since left the Doctor only to meet him before he met her (something like how the Doctor knew Mel already when she met him for the first time, and Mel knew the Doctor already when he met her for the first time).

A third possibility: she's the security camera girl.

For people who dont know the following: I think it might be something worth talking about. There is news all over the internet saying John Simm (The Master in S3) will replace David Tennant as the doctor for after S4 (basically he may regenerate at this series finale.

I had suspicions that this would be the last series for Mr Tennant, but...I doubt it.

Reports of Mister Tennant's departure from the role have been greatly exaggerated. I don't expect he'll be leaving any time soon. And if he does, I doubt Simm would want the role, nor would it be offered - he's played the Master already. They wouldn't cast an actor who's played the Master as the Doctor.

Some awesome news though. Davies is leaving at the end of this season, to be replaced by Steven Moffat - the writer of such episodes as The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, and Blink, due to take over for the 2010 season. <source>

@Astrotoy7: What I mean by "transitional companion" is that the Eleventh Doctor might inherit her from the Tenth. Like how the Second inherited Ben and Polly from the First, The Fourth inherited Sarah Jane from the Third, the Fifth inherited Nyssa Tegan and Adric from the Fourth (bit debatable on Nyssa and Tegan), the Sixth inherited Peri from the Fifth, the Seventh inherited Mel from the Sixth, and how the Tenth inherited Rose from the Ninth.

Ah, so it's finally happening. I always hoped Mr Moffat would take over.

Me too. He is by far, a much better writer for Doctor than Davies is. He's the modern day Robert Holmes.

Oh and when I watched Silence in the Library last week, I had this crazy theory that the woman who knew the Doctor, was Susan (his grand daughter), who had finally regenerated. I know it goes against being the last Time Lord, but it is possible.

Reports of Mister Tennant's departure from the role have been greatly exaggerated.....

?source

As Taak said, isnt Tennant meant to be heading off to do Hamlet in 2009, and it is unconfirmed as to when he is coming back, if at all..?? Another name for a replacement that came upw as Robert Carlyle, though apparently he denies ;)

I personally am all for a female doctor, is there a reason this is not possible :D

990895033_8bbd890b29_m.jpg

Vote Miranda for 11 !

mtfbwya

It's confirmed that Tennant is doing the four specials in 2009, and that a 2010 season has been commissioned. I'm sure I read somewhere that Tennant was back in 2010, but I can't seem to find the story at the moment. I'll post it when I find it.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong - according to this article, he's happy to remain enigmatic in regards to his tenure in the role for the time being.

Some awesome news though. Davies is leaving at the end of this season, to be replaced by Steven Moffat - the writer of such episodes as The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, and Blink, due to take over for the 2010 season. <source>

Thats good. I think Dr. Who needs the scare. I mean, at the before u had tiny cute adipose, then moffat buts in mid-series and makes a scary Silence in the Library. IMO, the Agatha christie ep cud of been a lot more scary and far better if steven moffat wrote it. Scare and murder suits him :D

@Astrotoy -

I also thought a hot women doctor would be good. Especially for you, coz u could get a good glimpse of them in ur home theatre. :D jkin.

Pity the doctors a male.

<snip>

For people who dont know the following: I think it might be something worth talking about. There is news all over the internet saying John Simm (The Master in S3) will replace David Tennant as the doctor for after S4 (basically he may regenerate at this series finale. Going along with this, there is also loads of news argueing to the news about John Simm, because apparently, in some articles, David says he wont leave at all. Others say he is taking a short break so he can do Hamlet (i think it was hamlet.) What do you think of this?

For people who saw the rest series trailer: I think that Daleks and stars going out for darkness sounds good. I think it suits daleks. oh and with the situation of it, it is so serious he may regen into john simm. :) who knows.

Thats highly impossible apparently John is going on to do some new tv series similar to Life on Mars.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong - according to this article, he's happy to remain enigmatic in regards to his tenure in the role for the time being.

I think Tennant is simply waiting to see how the series pans out and whether he feels like coming back. If all is good, then there's a chance he could come back...

One thing that is certain though,right at the moment... it is *undecided* as to whether he will be coming back after the 4 specials and Hamlet break.... if it were a done deal, we'd know about it already, rather than having to dig for articles about it.

part2 of the library tmrw...gonna be great :) looking forward to finding out more about River Song...

mtfbwya

Archived