Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is: I bet it took days and days to film the scenes where she repeated but at the same time.

As to the trailer:

"We found a body sir, the Doctor is dead" - OMFG THEN U SEE HIS BODY. Im gonna miss my fave lucasforums doctor who fan...oh wait it means the real doctor. Pretty weird tbh. And that spider looking thing on donna's bak finally sums up what the guy meant in Fires of pompeii when he sed "Donna of london, there's something on your back".

Midnight was pretty cool, the actress who did the Silvestri lady did a pretty good job ;) Filler or no, I found it pretty riveting.

Oh and Rose is coming back finally, hooray[/deep sarcasm]

never liked Rose. Blond tart! Gimme my Sarah Jane :D

Gosh I hope she dies properly this time... does anyone know....please say yes(use spoiler tags plz)

Ooh, and I wonder who the cause of the impending troubles are ? Maybe this will help(courtesy BBC Press Office) :D

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The Stolen Earth Ep 12/13

Saturday 28 June

Earth's greatest heroes assemble in a time of dire need, in tonight's penultimate episode in this series of Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama. But can the Doctor's secret army defeat the might of the new Dalek Empire?

With battles on the streets and in the skies, the Doctor and Donna must brave the Shadow Proclamation to find out the truth. However, a fearsome old enemy waits in the shadows *cough*iwonderwhothatmaybe*cough*

Bermuda Triangle...there was a short story(5th doc), and a never produced script(4th doc) that featured it...but nothing more recent than that, apart from the mention that doc mentioned ;)

mtfbwya

I didn't like yesterday's episode very much. An explanation as to what possessed Sky would have been nice, and the sudden willingness that many of the passengers showed for killing it was bit... odd.

But, next week's looks like it's going to be a corker!

OMG THAT WAS GR8. I think that was a very, very clever plot. Was funny in parts. Overall a good ep. Rose was good too.

The Episode for The Stolen Earth had a lot leaked! Judoon, Captain Jack, Gwen Cooper, Ianto Jones, sarah jane and her son, martha jones.

but i mean...torchwood hub and characters meet dr. who. what cud be better???

Only one thing to say really...

BAD WOLF!

I just loved the Doctor's look of abject fear when Donna told him those words, and then suddenly it all makes sense...

And wtf? Judoon and Daleks, evreyone the Doctor knows? This is going to be a hell of an episode.

As for last nights, I really enjoyed it, seeing what could have happened had the Doctor perished with the Racnoss. It was interesting to see how the Doctor's universe would change if he wasn't there - and that id would turn into a disaster area.

I found Wilf's parallel between WWII and their current situation quite sad too. :(

lolz, awesome ep, and CapN Jack back next week :D

...was it just me that noticed Rose's mouth was funny, seemed to be lisping, like she'd had some dental work or was wearing a plate or something??

@The Doc. how about some spoiler tags for those that dont want to know! ;)

mtfbwya

lolz, awesome ep, and CapN Jack back next week :D

So long as he doesn't jump on the Doctor, it'll be fine :lol:.

That's the only problem I have with Torchwood. The only way the BBC seems to make something 'edgy' and intelligent is for every man and his weevil to have a homosexual relationship. :confused:

Not that I have anything against that lifestyle choice, it's just they've overdone it way too much.

yes Astor, we know you dont like the gayness :D I dont mind.

There is a sexual undercurrent to a workplace full of young'n'randy people, so its not entirely unbelievable. Sometimes, I find the Doctors asexuality a bit weird, though think he could do much better than flippin Rose :D Dr River Song seemed much more refined, mature, classier ;)

mtfbwya

There's a spoiler tag on the thread. You don't want to know, don't read a thread marked as containing spoilers. ;)

lolz..fair enough. Those poor sods that want to talk about DW without being spoileraped ! :D

Im not fussed meslef, I mention D since my Ben Kingsley post many pages back... has it been confirmed that it is him?? [/cant be buggered googling]

mtfbwya

cheers Doc ;) yes. if it had been the oscar wielding bald man, Im sure it would have diffused into the ether much more profoundly.

Ive always wondered why Daleks = Bad Wolf. Is it simply because they are something to fear, or is it that the rest of the universe are piglets to them :D

Ah well, I refreshed on 'Genesis of The Daleks' recently, must re-watch 'Remembrance of The Daleks' again before saturday..get my mind in that Davros groove ;)

mtfbwya

One thing I was thinking about in "Turn Left" is that, if the Doctor died fighting the Racnoss, wouldn't he not be there to stop the Pyrovile in Pompeii, and thus, the world would probably be ruled by them, and thus, the Doctor would have never gone to Earth after stealing the TARDIS and fleeing Gallifrey with Susan, and thus, he would never be there to die fighting the Racnoss. In layman's terms, HUGE PARADOX.

One thing I was thinking about in "Turn Left" is that, if the Doctor died fighting the Racnoss, wouldn't he not be there to stop the Pyrovile in Pompeii, and thus, the world would probably be ruled by them, and thus, the Doctor would have never gone to Earth after stealing the TARDIS and fleeing Gallifrey with Susan, and thus, he would never be there to die fighting the Racnoss. In layman's terms, HUGE PARADOX.

Shhh! Alkonium... you'll embarrass RTD! Poor little blighter tried ever so hard... :lol:

It's a shame that Ben Kingsley isn't playing Davros. That would have been brilliant.

It was Rose showing herself how to get back to the Doctor. Since Rose is fond of the Doctor, she warned him as well while she still had the Tardis' power.

Not to mention that Torchwood wouldn't exist, and the world would be ruled by Carrionites too. :xp:

Perhaps that paradox resulted in the annihilation of the Pyrovile and Carrionites , or someone else (possibly Rose) blew up the volcano and kicked the Carrionites asses, cause if it didn't there would also be a large group of Dalek hybrids living in New York.

...was it just me that noticed Rose's mouth was funny, seemed to be lisping, like she'd had some dental work or was wearing a plate or something??

mtfbwya

I noticed that too but thought I was just seeing things. Good to hear someone else noticed. I wonder if she had her overbite worked on?

Perhaps that paradox resulted in the annihilation of the Pyrovile and Carrionites , or someone else (possibly Rose) blew up the volcano and kicked the Carrionites asses

Ah, but there's still the matter of Torchwood not existing without the Doctor's interference.

...cause if it didn't there would also be a large group of Dalek hybrids living in New York.

They only ended up there after the Doctor beat them in the second season finale, which never happened. ;) Wait, then who beat the Daleks back then? :¬:

Torchwood, most likely. It still existed, as he died fighting the Racnoss - an event taking place after the events of Tooth and Claw in the Doctor's personal timeline. Torchwood was still established in the Turn Left timeline, because he died after visiting 1869 with Rose.

Archived