Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

Torchwood, most likely. It still existed, as he died fighting the Racnoss - an event taking place after the events of Tooth and Claw in the Doctor's personal timeline. Torchwood was still established in the Turn Left timeline, because he died after visiting 1869 with Rose.

Bah, I was thinking The Runaway Bride came before S2, not after. My bad.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed that too but thought I was just seeing things. Good to hear someone else noticed. I wonder if she had her overbite worked on?

breathe easy Rhettski, despite our advancing age we havent gone entirely crazy, yet...

It was noticed by many many others, including the slightly more sane than I missus Astro ;)

In other DW speculation, is supermodel Agyness Den the next Xmas companion??

ph.jpg

I want a Brunette Dammit!! We haven't had a Sarah-Jane/Peri esque Brunette in the new series at all :( They dont pick companions like they used to! For all of you 'new series only' youngsters, Peri is easily the loveliest companion, EVAR. Closely followed by the young Sarah Jane of course [/iMHormonalO]

250px-Peri.jpg

mtfbwya

As for this so-called "supermodel" becoming the Christmas companion, I can think of many more attractive people to have the honour - her, for example. -_- Besides, I thought the reason you hated Rose/Billie Piper was because she got hired for her looks, Astro, as opposed to acting skills? This "supermodel" you've mentioned, while I have no knowledge of her acting abilities, certainly has no form of visual appeal, in my opinion...

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this is the new, slighty shinier Davros:

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=736

Looks just as good as he used to :).

I like that he looks like the Terry Molloy Davros of the 80's, but I'd like to know how he's more than just a head since his last appearance.

...Astro got hired for his looks, as opposed to acting skills?....

I prefer elegant brunettes, thats all. Rose's character is a 'slapper from the estate', which is hardly elegant :(

Not sure about what Agyness Den has done. To say she has been chosen for her looks is an understatement, non? :D

Davros is looking his typical ugly self :)

For his return, I was sortve imagining he was going to return via possessing someones elses body, make him more agile, dangerous, and appealing to the ladies :D but I think perhaps that would upset far too many fanboys.

mtfbwya

Did anybody in the UK see the One Show's clip of saturday's episode? It had Wilf and Sylvia in the streets of london, after the Dalek Invasion, with Wilf armed with a paintball gun.

They encounter a Dalek during their escape attempt, so Wilf shoots it - right in the eyestalk! :lol:.

But it dissolved the paint and gets angry... I really hope that Wilf doesn't die. I think he's great :).

For his return, I was sortve imagining he was going to return via possessing someones elses body, make him more agile, dangerous, and appealing to the ladies :D but I think perhaps that would upset far too many fanboys.mtfbwya

Hey, it worked for the Master...

Well that 12 th episode was suprising.

David Tennant is dead Yes David Tennant gets shot and hes regenerating but we don't find out until next who's the next doctor.

Whos the next doctor?

Please remember to use spoiler tags as a courtesy to those who have not seen the episode yet.

~9

That was a great episode. I always like seeing the doctor's reaction when old enemies reappear - especially when this one is his greatest adversary!

Can't wait to find out what happens next week!

And tooplex:

He's not leaving - he's confirmed to be staying on for next year - so I don't think he's dead

That was a great episode! One thing though:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Davros could have been acted WAY better. For me, it's the little details that stand out the most, and I couldn't help but notice that the way Davros' arm moved wasn't the same, (the finger has always been one of Davros' recogniseable features for me). Also, I couldn't help but notice the resemblence between him and Palpatine in RotS after he gets fried.

Another bad thing is that Harriet Jones annoys the crap out of me...

It was really funny when even the Daleks said "Yes, we know who you are!" :lol:

I'm not even going to bother criticizing the episode for being pointless up until the last five minutes or so. Oops, too late. :xp: I'll just say...

David Tennant has already signed on for the specials next year. What the hell is going on? Damn them for making us wait a full week!

It won't be a proper regeneration, I'm sure. It'll either be a "mini-regeneration", because he was able to start the process soon enough - or something to that effect - or, it'll be temporary: he may regenerate, then later somehow regenerate back. He could also choose to regenerate into an eerily similar body. Perhaps without the mole he loves so much. :p From what I could see, the Dalek's shot just grazed his chest, it didn't hit him full on. That'll probably be important.

It won't be a proper regeneration, I'm sure. It'll either be a "mini-regeneration", because he was able to start the process soon enough - or something to that effect - or, it'll be temporary: he may regenerate, then later somehow regenerate back. He could also choose to regenerate into an eerily similar body. Perhaps without the mole he loves so much. :p From what I could see, the Dalek's shot just grazed his chest, it didn't hit him full on. That'll probably be important.

Good point.

I remember reading somewhere that Time Lords can't regenerate from Dalek Weaponry.

...Please remember to use spoiler tags as a courtesy to those who have not seen the episode yet.

~9

Niner??

oh what bollocks!! points at thread title

I daresay less than a small group of people partaking in this thread are actually in the UK and would have seen it legally. The rest of us are either leeching it, or uh, leeching it.

what dont you change your cinammon coloured warning to:

"unless you are actually from the UK, go illegally leech off the internets, then come back and talks about it. Barring that, wait 6-12months (or more) until they actually show it in your country, then come back."

sheez. :lol:

There's a spoiler tag on the thread. You don't want to know, don't read a thread marked as containing spoilers

exactly!

Its a bollocks cliffhanger. We all know Tennant has filmed the Christmas special and the 4 extended features 2009. Apart from that, it was a nice ep. Daleks are just badass, old school DW style. Loved how they made SJ and Jack crap their pants when they heard that famous screeching catch cry ;)

mtfbwya

Good point.

I remember reading somewhere that Time Lords can't regenerate from Dalek Weaponry.

I thought that too. Then I thought

Dalek's seem to aim for the heart - but the doc has 2 hearts. And did noone but me see that it looked like half of him dashed like a hologram?

I have read, from the same source of the correct torchwood spoilers, that

That the Doctor has some sort of a weird regeneration and splits in two. I hav seen a filmin picture as well with david with the blue suit and some other guy with the brown suit. But my dad sed he read somewhere it was Jennifer Saunders. AND! I have seen the 2008 xmas filmin photos and david is there AND the ...........CYBERMEN are there!

Take from this what you will, coz I think it's crud, but my dad started makin wild suggestion about how he doesn't think Harriet Jones is dead and she is working with the Daleks. It may be true - who knows.

Btw, noone pointed this out, but I think the BBC were pretty idiotic by giving the game away about Davros in this http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/episodes/?episode=S4_11&character=&action=videostream&playlist=/doctorwho/playlists/s4_11/video/s4_11_trl_07.xml&video=1&date=&summary=The Stolen Earth&info=&info2=&info3=&tag_file_id=s4_11_trl_07

God Davros creeps me out. I think when I was pokin round my dad's classic DVD's the last Davros one I watched was Genesis of the Daleks. Good actor though.

And...YOU JUST WOULD NOT DO THAT! You wouldn't have the doctor goin to giv rose a hug then getting SHOT BY A DALEK.

Finally...Dalek Caan was hilarious! the laugh was brilliant

Good point.

I think you're getting that from reading related to the 1999 Rowan Atkinson spoof The Curse of Fatal Death, in which the Doctor is hit, due to Dalek interference, with something called a Zektronic energy beam, which is too powerful for a Time Lord to regenerate through. As far as I know, Dalek weapons themselves are no different than a bullet, as far as regeneration is concerned - though I could be wrong.

I think you're getting that from reading related to the 1999 Rowan Atkinson spoof The Curse of Fatal Death, in which the Doctor is hit, due to Dalek interference, with something called a Zektronic energy beam, which is too powerful for a Time Lord to regenerate through. As far as I know, Dalek weapons themselves are no different than a bullet, as far as regeneration is concerned - though I could be wrong.

Then why didn't they re-generate from the Time War?

Hmm...

I guess we'll find out what happens next week!

My theory:

The doctor does regenerate into someone else. I'm thinking that woman from that library, the one from the future. But the doctor from rose's verse comes through, our doctor dies and he takes female doctor's place. Sounds crap i know, but i don't think they would have played his regeneration effects unless he wasn't going to regenerate.

Eitherway, it was a really good episode and it opens a tiny little door that...

means the time-war was not as fixed as the Doctor thought.

Then why didn't they re-generate from the Time War?

Hmm...

I guess we'll find out what happens next week!

Maybe they shot them again before they had a chance to regenerate?

@The Doctor

I think you are right and I change my opinion about it on my previous posts. As sed above I just think the Daleks didnt give them a chance

Like most exciting things that have hapenned(eg. Doctors daughter)...the explanation for the "regeneration" will also be, most likely, new!

I do applaud fanboys enthusiasm of trying to find an explanation from something from the old series etc... unfortunately, it doesn't seem work that way in the real world ;) Trawl around the net, theres been some absolute rippers that people have lifted from their "1976 magazine about..." etc RTD is happy to give nods to the old series, but thats about it.

I still dont know why are all cowering behind spoiler tags. The thread title is enough. Anyone that really doesnt want to know, shouldnt be in here!

Plus enough people have now openly mentioned "regeneration" and the doctor being zapped by a dalek(on his way to hug Rose no less) to put two and two together, ya think :p

You shouldn't be spoilerising your speculations either. crazy!

mtfbwya

Archived