Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing is, with S Moffat taking over, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing more of those 'creepy' type episodes like Blink, SITL etc... I personally think thats great, but others might not like it and would prefer to see endless resurrections of <insert various 70s villain>

:p

mtfbwya

i'm excited about moffat taking over, i like all his episodes.

one returning viliain i would like to see is the meddling monk, if they got someone good to play him, someone funny.

i'm excited about moffat taking over, i like all his episodes.

one returning viliain i would like to see is the meddling monk, if they got someone good to play him, someone funny.

Unless Steven Moffat finds a plausible way to restore Gallifrey and the Time Lords, I don't see it happening. Remember, he was the first Time Lord (other than the Doctor and Susan) to appear on the show.

Unless Steven Moffat finds a plausible way to restore Gallifrey and the Time Lords, I don't see it happening. Remember, he was the first Time Lord (other than the Doctor and Susan) to appear on the show.

Bringing back the Time Lords would be a big mistake.

A few maybe, but not all of Gallifrey.

Some slightly infuriating news:

As we saw on Saturday, David Tennant lives to fight on in another Christmas special, which will be set in Victorian England and feature the Cybermen, as well as four other specials which begin filming in 2009. But Davies refuses to say whether Tennant will return when the full series returns in 2010, except that he has made his decision and that the BBC knows what it is. There's no point asking Davies, therefore, about rumours that James Nesbitt or Robert Carlyle will be taking control of the sonic screwdriver.

A link to the full article, consisting mostly of a somewhat entertaining interview with executive producer Russell T Davies, can be found here.

afaik he was never actually confirmed to be a time lord, and he left Gallifrey way before the doctor did.

as for David Tennant, i read somewhere that they are trying to get him to sign up for another 3 seasons.

Frak it, not my fault I don't even get BBC. >_>

lolz, but you do get YT Im sure, which is where 90% of us see such things nowdays :p No biggie. For those that havent seen the sketch where DT plays a teacher for Catherine Tate's "Lauren"(am I bovvered!) character, check it out ;)

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Eh. I thought this entire season was far less exciting and full of awesome as Davies led the public to be. He said it would be the most enticing and surprising season yet. In my opinion, the third season was far more interesting and exciting. Not to mention the first. *smiles reminiscently*

Meh, I geuss Im just not a very critical person when it comes to stuff meant to entertain me. Sure I can tell if a show sucked or a movie bombed. But I rather liked the finale. The way they got Rose to stay in the alternate dimension was really sweet, but the way they kicked Donna off the show was poorly done. I would have taken her to the the Library Planet and put her inside of that repository... and what about that guy she fell in love with in that same episode?!

never fear Aash. Nothing any fanboy or girl utters on a forum matters against the efforts of the people who do the hard slog and actually make these shows.

I personally am grateful we have a DW to look forward to...those of us who grew up with the older series once faced a time where DW seemed gone forever(same for SW too actually) I was so attached to the old series that I avoided this new series...until I watched Torchwood and wanted to find out a bit more about Capn Jack :)

mtfbwya

The very fact that they wrote Donna out at all made me sad. I loved Donna Noble. She was funny, she was compassionate, and she inspired the Doctor in a way Martha never did. Then there's the fact that she was the first companion of the New Series to not fall in love with the Doctor. -_- I hate romance in Doctor Who. It has no place, dammit! [/rant]

I'm glad Davies is going. I never really had a problem with him until this season. It was kind of all over the place, as far as good episodes was concerned - the season's two-parters were the only ones I really found myself enjoying in particular. I can't wait to see what Moffat has in store for us.

Archived