Home

Dr Who - 2008 (Warning: spoilers ahead!)

Aash Li

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, hey, HEY!!!! I created that Doctor Who, Doctor Who! thread :p It should be front page news!!!

But yeah I didn't know Rose was coming back, But isn't martha meant to be too? That would be a good fight :p

Your doctor who thread will be front page news when my anime thread is finally stickied. :p

Russel T Davies already stole the idea from the 80s flash gordon movie... where a servant picks up that ring that dropped from Ming, and you hear evil laughter... That was the only thing missing from that ep of Dr Who. :p

Really? I'm sure the evil laughter was present in both :)

• 2 months later...

*squeals in delight*

Dr Who incoming! April 5th not too far off!

Anyone seen the new trailer yet? Rose (more squealing), and Martha are shown in it... seeing that new girl as the Who-girl, she doesnt look as bad as she did in the christmas special.

no spoiler tags huh?

I was much chuffed when I heard Ben Kingsley is returning as DAVROS in the S4 finale... how awesome is that! And he wont need much make up either :)

I have yet to find the the torrent for the show...

*cough* local mods around here must be snoozing under their virtual sombreros in the hot internet sun ;)

..that new girl...

OMG, you dont know who Cathy Tate is ?? Poor Yanks. If you remember Tracey Ullman, who came to the US to do a character sketch series... Cathy is a modern day equivalent of her but still based in the UK. Ive got all seasons of 'The Catherine Tate Show' on DVD... I cant wait to see her in DW.

One interesting aspect of her character is that she seems to want to question the Dr's motives and underlying anger towards certain things, whereas Rose and Martha were too dazzled to see this fault in him.

I think its mainly those in the UK that will know about the "Children In Need" specials. They are short clips especially made for a charity appeal show. They link together the preceding season and the Xmas specials...The first DW one was Rose's reaction to the new Dr(Tennant) and the one on last year was even better >> Tennant meets a face from the past :)

DrWhos_468x568.jpg

If you havent seen it > have a gander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xVT0ln8oiU

mtfbwya

Wait a minute.. Ben Kingsley? Davros?

BEN KINGSLEY AS DAVROS?

And i'm assuming that's Davros the uber-dalek?

That has to be the best news I've seen for quite some time. I've been holding hope that Series 4 won't be a complete write off, but when you choose a middle aged comedian as the Doctor's assistant - there doesn't seem to be much hope.

I watched that Children in Need special and I thought it was brilliant - so good I donated just for that :lol:

And while I didn't care for the Xmas special much, the end bit, with the 'Do you think a Million pounds is enough?' made me laugh.

She really is better suited to comedy (by the same logic, dogs are also suitable for riding :lol:) I hated her in the Runaway Bride - she basically copied one of her comedy characters - I much preferred Martha - I thought she should have stayed on - Now she's relegated to Torchwood (sigh).

But, it'll be nice to have both Martha AND Rose back :D

Im still holding the majority of my loud-mouthed-opinions to myself til I see how bad of a hatchet-job she does on dr who. Or how good. I couldnt stand her screeching in the Runaway Bride, her whole character was just annoying.

Martha was much better, and much more sexy than Tate could ever hope to be. Rose too.

I personally think that Martha is the better of the two - you got to see her grow into role a lot more than you did with Rose - and I didn't like Rose until David Tennant took the lead - They played off of each other a lot better than Christopher Ecclestone.

Plus I like labcoats :xp:

_42710303_who2.jpg

There's no shame in that! She is, without doubt, the most attractive of the Doctors recent assistants.

I tried to oblige you with a picture of the aforementioned booty, but it seems the internet does not hold such a picture :xp:

True true... I didnt care for Ecclestone.

He wasn't that bad, and although I like Tennant better, I don't think he could have brought Doctor Who back the way Eccleston did, or the way McGann might have if he had done Series 1. I do so hope they eventually get him back for a Multi-Doctor story or a flashback of the Eighth Regeneration.

I dunno.. sure Freema is good to look at, but did anyone really buy "she saved the whole world" thang from the end of S3. I didn't. Her portrayal didnt really demonstrate such strength of character...jack couldve done it though ! easily ;)

Im all for Cathy Tate... I like characters with a slice of duality. Donna Noble isnt someone who'll bite her tongue when she thinks the Doctor is letting his prejudices get the better of him.

Of course, after Rose/Martha/Donna, they need to go for a demure/elegant sidekick next, like sarah jane circa 1975. ;)

mtfbwya

jack couldve done it though ! easily ;)

I can't stand Capt. Jack. It was alright at first, but I feel that Torchwood isn't doing the franchise many favours.

At first I looked forward to an 'adult' version - little did I know that 'adult' to RTD actually meant rampant homosexuality :confused: .

And must they keep using the fact that he can't die as an escape mechanism when they make a mess of the story?

Archived