Home

Map Discussion

lordzack

This thread is to discuss maps you want in Star Wars Battlefront 3. Please go into detail what you want the maps to be like and avoid lists. I'll go first.

Hoth: Echo Base

I'd like the trench to be the whole width of the canyon, which should be wider. The shield generator should be a destroyable command post again. Echo Base it's self should be much larger and accessable in conquest battles and the Rebels can lock doors and stuff to block Imperial progress. The Imperials should start with five AT-ATs and AT-STs near Echo Base, but no command posts.

This thread is to discuss maps you want in Star Wars Battlefront 3. Please go into detail what you want the maps to be like and avoid lists. I'll go first.

Hoth: Echo Base

I'd like the trench to be the whole width of the canyon, which should be wider. The shield generator should be a destroyable command post again. Echo Base it's self should be much larger and accessable in conquest battles and the Rebels can lock doors and stuff to block Imperial progress. The Imperials should start with five AT-ATs and AT-STs near Echo Base, but no command posts.

I see what ur trying to do by not giving the Empire command post, but the Empire would need command posts otherwise how would the reinforcement counter work for the Empire, locking doors isn't a bad idea - rather like the gate winch on Kashyyyk, which blocks the enemy tanks coming through. They would have like a health bar that could be fixed by Rebel smugglers with fusion cutter. The shield generator IS a destroyable command post in BF2.

yeh gates closed would be good but permentaly sealing them for the rest of the game would suck. they should also be able to get destroyed from explosives etc.

Or you can do it like the disappearing walkway in deathstar. Destroying a button and things would lock the door, and fixing it would open, and the like. It should be neutral so both sides can fix/destroy.

^^^Echo base can be controlled by the empire already can't it?

Ive liked locking doors since playing the manaan map on PC, with ff on, locking a door means its shut the rest of the game, so you have to decide whether its better to permently seal an enemy attack route, or risk leaving it open but being able to use it also.

The manaan map never worked for me for some reason.

speeder bikes would be helpful, getting around Hoth is very hard when just running

yeah i agree. didnt vader land in the shuttle on hoth?

imperials could have CP with flying vehicles. like a imperial shuttle or a tie fighter. all maps need fighters and air battles.

i felt like space battles in SWBF2 was a throw off from SWBF 1

yeah i agree. didnt vader land in the shuttle on hoth?

imperials could have CP with flying vehicles. like a imperial shuttle or a tie fighter. all maps need fighters and air battles.

i felt like space battles in SWBF2 was a throw off from SWBF 1

i double agree and if it IS wider speeder bikes to da rescue! or thos cool thingys that the rebles ride

Did you ever play Besbin: platforms? That map alone proved that air and land combined = awesome.

I love you....(not really) But what happen to that being in BFII??

I would want Hoth:Echo Base

Raxus Prime:Junkyard

Invisible Hand

Executor

Home One

Return of the Dune Sea...

Coruscant alley

Kashhyykk city

Theed Palace

I suppose u could have air support on maps, but y wasn't it in BF2 yet in BF1, unless they thought it didn't work very well or it wasn't a good idea?

you have a good point but still i think air support is half of the star wars battle.

you have

air to ground

ground to ground

ground to air

air to air

vice versa

sort of life recon droid on the sniper

thats air support in a way right?

Archived