Home

OJP for Moddb Mod of the Year 2007

razorace

Voted. OJP should be sent to every game in development that intends to have sword fighting of any kind. NOTHING COMPARES to it when it comes to swordplay.

I second this !!

Only other games with swords I can remember were Rune, from about 5 - 6 yrs ago. Not a bad PC game, based on Norse tales and mythology. Main weapons were swords/axes/hammers.

Wasn't so much an in-depth combat system. More a hack n' slash.

Other memorable game was Barbarian, on the Atari ST !! Old old game too. The shouts and yells in it were DEEECENT !! :p

Like the Street Fighter 2 of sword games...at the time.

!! Voted !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Voted. OJP should be sent to every game in development that intends to have sword fighting of any kind. NOTHING COMPARES to it when it comes to swordplay.

No theres a Xbox game, that has excellent star wars lightsaber fighting. A bit simplified but it was very sleek.. but unfortunetly its a xbox only game. But yer interms of PC games this mod has teh best sword play.. and its Star Wars!! my fav series :devsmoke:

what game would that be?

Star Wars: Obi Wan

if you want more information on it go here

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/207/Star-Wars-ObiWan/

its got excellent lightsaber fighting.. very very movie like, i use to play the game alot cause it was the most realistic lightsaber fighting i could find. I stopped playing it cause its only on xbox.. and i sold my xbox :nutz3:

How does it compare to OJP and the movies?

well i would say (of course) OJP is so much better, and plus i havent played that game in ages. I would say that OJP has even more realistic light saber fighting then the movies have LOL

I would say that IMO the Star Wars: Obi Wan was very movie like, it was a bit to simplified but i think thats what made it so good. And obvioiusly because of the time span the movie was set in there wherent much lightsaber styles to choose from :nutz3:

Archived